THE BIG WEIGHTLOSS THREAD! **Loser of the month with a massive 17lbs gone - Shanka**

No problem :) You can buy quinoa and bulgur wheat in tesco and asda, and there will be lots of recipes online.

hello lovely ladie,
Me and OH are going shopping later and fancy getting some new things to try that are healthy any ideas?

Is feta cheese and sundried tomatoes ok?
Was thinking of making salads and pasta salads for lunch at work but not sure what to add to them.
Also which Oil is best for you to cook with?
I think i might look at some ideas on what to cook on the net...really please with myself as middle of the week is hard.

xx

i use a low fat spray oil when i need to but try to dry fry or just add water to stuff so its doesnt stick.

Feel better mummytoamberx!! I ate some cereal for breakfast and just had a 100 calorie pouch snack... I'm waiting for 1230 to have lunch with my friend in the dining hall - so I'll have to see what they have today!

I'm also going to exercise at the gym for a couple hours after lunch!! :happydance: Im excited!

Well me and Olivia are full of the cold and feeling totally crap, my diet is slowly going out the window, I will defo have gained on Friday so im not looking forward to it and I WAS doing really well :(

Hey girls, hows everyone doing?
Well donr on the PT front Raf, your body will be a temple by the time youve finished!

Congratulations to buttonnose! :happydance:

Manda: I must have missed your post, sorry hun:blush:
if you post your start weight and what you want to lose I shall add you to the list:thumbup:

Dizzyisacow: Sorry hun, we are doing it in pounds. :shrug:

Looking forward to WI tomorrow night! Im quite excited now the witch has p!ssed off for another month =]

I think Im gonna sign up for race for life in July, gives me something to work towards at the gym!

I am refusing to discuss my food intake today. All I shall say is, due to the bad influence of my Mother and Husband, I am glad I had some points saved...

Thanks Jac! My starting weight is 154 and I want to start by losing 20 lbs, which would make it 134!

Just got back from the gym... did the treadmill for 1 hour 40 minutes!!

Forgive me ladies for I have sinned :hissy:

I am so mad at myself!!!

I know that I should be eating the snacks inbetween shakes to top up on calories stop me from being hungry at night but today I didnt, and now I ended up eating a sandwich and 4 jaffa cakes!
:hissy:

What do you lot do to curb evening eating? This has been my problem all my life, eating at night which is why I am overweight :(

Chew gum, drink LOTS of water... everytime you think that you want something to eat... take a sip of water or take a piece of gum and chew it..

You need to find something to do to distract you so that you don't even remember that you want food! Also make sure you are eating enough during the day so that you aren't starving at night! We all make mistakes with dieting... don't feel guilty! Move on from here and continue the journey! :thumbup:

Forgive me ladies for I have sinned :hissy:

I am so mad at myself!!!

I know that I should be eating the snacks inbetween shakes to top up on calories stop me from being hungry at night but today I didnt, and now I ended up eating a sandwich and 4 jaffa cakes!
:hissy:

What do you lot do to curb evening eating? This has been my problem all my life, eating at night which is why I am overweight :(

You need to eat dinner with more protein in it. What did you have for diner last night? Protein makes you fuller for longer, and stops cravings.

What time did you eat, and what time did you go to bed?

Also try drinking a big glass of water, as hunger and thirst signals are often confused by the brain.

If that doesn't work, have a big glass of milk. Good protein as well as the same effect of signals as water. You could also try having a piece of fruit.

lastnight we had dinner at about 5pm and it was chicken, prawns, beansprouts, carrots, green beans, peas, red and spring onions all stir fried with some soy sauce and served with brown rice, then I had a shape yoghurt.

I am drinking tons of water, so much i constantly need to pee!

If you're eating at 5pm then it's ok to have a snack at around 8/9pm (if you are going to bed at 12). Just make sure you never eat after 10pm.

A lot of people say you shouldn't eat after a certain hour, but with such a late bedtime you'll be fine until 9pm. Also it's important that you eat little and often, about 5 times a day to help weight loss. So a healthy snack will fit in perfectly for you, and stop your hunger pangs.

Have a small, healthy snack such as....

dried fruit
fruit
carrot sticks
wholegrain toast with peanut butter
non fat yogurt
unsalted, plain popcorn

Basically just avoid carbs as much as possible as your body cannot break down simple carbs (like sugary cereals, white bread, sweets etc) late at night. Wholegrains are complex carbs and although not as good as fruit, are still ok to have in moderation.

I don't know whether to weigh in today or Sunday. I'm away Friday-Sunday with the TA and won't be allowed my phone at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->