The 'Bonkers' Crew. MH Support!

i can imagine a winter pregnancy involving lots of snuggly jumpers and such, which kind of appeals! :D

And don't worry about not being ttc or PG, we just want lots of lovely ladies who can share and be open without fear of people being horrid!

oh i defo need to be in this thread!! is anyone still taking meds ttc or preg? i came off my venlafaxine but still taking diazepam for emergencies..[which is quite often] no-one really knows im ttc so cant ask family/friends! looked online but its conflicting info. would it cause problems do u reckon? is anyone taking this medication too? xxxxxxxx

I'm On duloxetine 60mg and currently in my first tri. Doc wanted to keep me on it whilst TTC and now I'm going to the docs to lower my dose. There are risks but the risk to me was greater. I'll be off them before the 2nd tri anyways. :)

I've had medical advice about my tablets and being pregnant. Maybe you should speak to your doctor as well. get a professional opinion on whether you should be using diazepam. I wouldn't take it unless a doctor has said it's ok. Hope that helps.

:dust:

Leafy, I'm on both still, and i've spoke to my gp about it.
as long as its not taken all the time, it should be fine, but it is worth talking to him about it.
depending on does and stuff.
I'm on 20mg diazapam, so when pg, not supposed to take it at that dose..

thanks babe xxxx im prescribed 5mg 3 times a day but i just take it as and when, i think if i was to start getting major panic attacks that is not going to be good for a baby and i get them so often i know its unavoidable!!!! will have a chat with docs when i finally get pregnant, still only trying at the mo.
Ive come off my AD's while im trying and i think this had made me 10 times worse!!!! im not comfortable taking them tho as had mc while on them (they didnt say AD's was to blame, i just kind of needed to blame something :( even tho i know mc is common regardless) so im struggling some days!!!!!!! xxxxx

oh i defo need to be in this thread!! is anyone still taking meds ttc or preg? i came off my venlafaxine but still taking diazepam for emergencies..[which is quite often] no-one really knows im ttc so cant ask family/friends! looked online but its conflicting info. would it cause problems do u reckon? is anyone taking this medication too? xxxxxxxx

I'm On duloxetine 60mg and currently in my first tri. Doc wanted to keep me on it whilst TTC and now I'm going to the docs to lower my dose. There are risks but the risk to me was greater. I'll be off them before the 2nd tri anyways. :)

I've had medical advice about my tablets and being pregnant. Maybe you should speak to your doctor as well. get a professional opinion on whether you should be using diazepam. I wouldn't take it unless a doctor has said it's ok. Hope that helps.

Definitely take doctors advice! i was taking citalopram and had a mc but the doctor advised me to continue my meds & a midwife told me i shouldnt be taking them, i panicked and came off them too soon, had awful withdrawals, took some again, was all over the place with them really. i would never listen to midwife over my doctor again!!!

Definitely take doctors advice! i was taking citalopram and had a mc but the doctor advised me to continue my meds & a midwife told me i shouldnt be taking them, i panicked and came off them too soon, had awful withdrawals, took some again, was all over the place with them really. i would never listen to midwife over my doctor again!!!

i'm still taking 40mg citalopram, and i don't think i would be able to just stop taking them because the withdrawals are horrible :cry: so they are ok to take in pregnancy? :dust:

i'm still taking 40mg citalopram, and i don't think i would be able to just stop taking them because the withdrawals are horrible :cry: so they are ok to take in pregnancy? :dust:

when i was taking them my doctor told me to continue taking them. it was a midwife who told me to come off them, she really scared me and i didnt even taper down i just came off. then got ill with withdrawals and went back on..then came off again....i think all the messing with my body did more harm than good. i wish i had listened to the doctor who knows if there may have been a different outcome.

So many times I've spoken about TTC on another internet site and I have notes from people saying I can't TTC if I have MH problems.. It's so frustrating!!!

As well as normal working, I also do voluntary work for a counselling charity for young people who have mental health problems and each person is treated as a whole when they walk in - not someone who isn't capable because of their condition.

I am not a label. I just so happened to grow up very fast and have a lot of awful events happen to me but that doesn't mean I won't be a good mother. I've wanted to be one since I was 16 and now I have a hubby, a house, been through therapy and a *hopefully* secure job, I know when it happens, I CAN do it.

Sorry, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

Have a great week everyone! xx

The problem with drugs while pregnant is that every doctor seems to say something different as to what you can and can't take. It's so confusing. Even non-MH drugs they can't seem to agree on.

My psychiatrist told me should I get pregnant again, I can take my ativan during 3rd tri if and when I need to (because she knows I'm so scared of taking meds that I wouldn't make it a habit). I don't know about ssri's but I recalled her saying that it's possible to still be on certain ones while pregnant; the risk is that they haven't necessarily shown direct links to problems other than lawyers trying to make lawsuits which happens with every drug out there, but there isn't enough evidence to show they're safe because they obviously don't test out meds on pregnant women.

I wish I got properly diagnosed while pregnant. My OB said it's probably just hormones and never referred me to the MH program while I was pregnant, but I had panic attacks starting in month 5 and was homebound for the last 4 months due to having about 3-5 attack days per week. I now wonder if my LO will have developed anxiety from all my adrenaline, if he gets so easily startled and scared due to my panicking/passing out from panicking while pregnant.

I relate totally to this thread. I'm TTC (have been for 4 years now) and I'm bipolar but not on medication, I have a real fear of taking tablets and it seems that everything wrong with me can only be treated with meds (weight lose, moods, chronic pain from the stomach from stress). I get the "nutters shouldn't have kids" on occasion, and I'm scared that I'll 'pass' it on, as my Mum, Granddad and my fiancé have all been medicated for manic depression and bipolar...I want my kids to be well adjusted and I hope when I do have a sucessful pregnancy, they will be the happiest kids in the world and will effectively cure me of my foul low moods.

Fingers crossed that everyone on here gets their deepest wishes :)

Hello!
I've been neglecting this for a while, my apologies!

How is everyone?
:3

Hi, may I join you?

I'm bipolar and am on Seroquel and Wellbutrin XL. My OB and psychiatrist agree that I should stay on both during pregnancy.

We are on our 7th cycle TTC, and I took Clomid this cycle since I never ovulated. I am waiting for O now, should be here in a day or two! I've told DH that we HAVE to DTD every day until my temp shows I ovulated... poor guy!:winkwink:

Anyway I'd be glad to talk to some others who have MH issues as well. I've got a TTC thread with a bunch of awesome girls but I'm the only one who has fertility issues and the only one who has MH issues. I'm a mess!:haha:

Of course!
:3
You're absolutely welcome to join us!

I know what you mean, i'm with another couple of groups, but sometimes you just need somewhere to rant without sounding mad! :D

Hello everyone (and new members) :waves:

How are you all?

Is anyone on the two week wait?

x

I still haven't O'd yet. Waiting for a + OPK. Not sure if I will this cycle. (Temp still has not gone up either and I finished the Clomid 6 days ago so I think I'm still ok).

Good luck!

AFM, I think I'm out. I was getting almost + OPK's, but now they are getting lighter, and my temp has not risen. I guess it's on to next cycle with 100mg of Clomid.

I forgot, I wanted to ask if any of you were wanting to BF instead of FF. I'm trying to figure out how I can still BF without getting off all my meds.

Joining ttc again soon. Lost my baby :( I don't know how I've coped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->