The Cambridge Diet Support Thread

I am really struggles to stay on cambridge :-( i feel so crap lol.

I feeling really struggles at the moment, because i feel so crap, as i feeling sick, headaches, and food that cambridge gave me is soooooo TERRIBLE.... today is my 2nd day... im nto sure if i should carry on ? Or ?

I am not sure if you got the same experience ???

Please let me know asap

Thanks

rocksbabe1, do not take this the wrong way please as it's meant in kindness and as help but you're just looking for a way out. "Should I carry on or?" - of course you should, it's only day 2, sure you feel a bit crap but we all do, it's part and parcel and eventually worth it. What do you expect people to say? "Oh no, it's a terrible diet if it makes you struggle, our most sincere nearly medical advice is that you get off immediately and dig into a Dominos of your choice, do it now!"? :) Of course we can't say that.

On the other hand, while we are here to provide motivation and support, we're not you and we can't inject strong will into anyone -not even ourselves sadly!- so you will have to have a talk to yourself and see how badly you want it and then renew your commitment if this is to work.

Good luck!

rocksbabe1, do not take this the wrong way please as it's meant in kindness and as help but you're just looking for a way out. "Should I carry on or?" - of course you should, it's only day 2, sure you feel a bit crap but we all do, it's part and parcel and eventually worth it. What do you expect people to say? "Oh no, it's a terrible diet if it makes you struggle, our most sincere nearly medical advice is that you get off immediately and dig into a Dominos of your choice, do it now!"? :) Of course we can't say that.

On the other hand, while we are here to provide motivation and support, we're not you and we can't inject strong will into anyone -not even ourselves sadly!- so you will have to have a talk to yourself and see how badly you want it and then renew your commitment if this is to work.

Good luck!

No no, i am glad that you are a honest, thats what i needed to hear from you, thank you babe for being honest with me. I guess that i just have one of bad day today lol. Sorry.

I do really want to carry on the diet, as im so desprate to lost weight after i been trying for about 4 years with different diet.. but this time i'm determination to stick this diet, as i want to be happy with my body and because we are trying to concieve at the moment as well.

I just needed to have some of your support and to hear what i needed to hear.

Just wonder, is it normal to feeling that crap and feeling sick? If so, will it be stop feeling feeling sick and crap etc in couples of days? Or till i quit ? And will i able to like this foods that cambridge gave?

And i noticed my tummy getting tight and my husband noticed my tummy getting flat and getting firm as well. Is it too early ? Or it should be as it is ?

I MEAN - Will i able to like this foods that cambridge gave? Cos this food so terrible lol! Thats what i got concerned about xx

Most people get used to the taste, yes. Like it the same way you like icecream or a good beer? Nope, never :D

It will get better hang in there, promise, in a few days it will be child's play.

You can do it hun!!! Dont give up the first week is the worst after that its a breeze!!

I never got used to the flavours i found a few i liked and stuck to them, made it sooo much easier?

Oh so glad I found this! I have been on the Cambridge diet for two weeks now, have been ever so naughty :s But I have lost 10lbs in two weeks! She has let me have Quorn now as I was doing rubbish on just the three sachets! Any one else having meat now too? xxx

Hey hun well done on the weight loss. I am starting back on the diet in the morning doing ss. I lost just under 4 stone last year in 12 weeks. Time to get back to it and get to my goal.

The diet really does work x

Hey hun well done on the weight loss. I am starting back on the diet in the morning doing ss. I lost just under 4 stone last year in 12 weeks. Time to get back to it and get to my goal.

Yeah I have lost 14lbs now :D It is really hard but so worth it isn't it :) How many stone you want to lose this time? xxxx

Yeah I have lost 14lbs now :D It is really hard but so worth it isn't it :) How many stone you want to lose this time? xxxx

I have put back on about 2 stone and i didnt get to goal last year so I have about 4 stone again to lose to get to my goal. I didnt start it the other day lol starting back in the morning. So my weigh in days will be thursdays. Good luck x x

Am I allowed to sneak into this thread? I'm on LL but I believe it's the same as Cambridge diet, just more expensive :haha: Would be great to have some people to talk to and I can't find a thread for other VLCD at all.

of course you can. how you finding it? how long you been doing it for?

I'm on my 16th week. Found it tough to be honest but it works. I'd like to lose another two stones if possible.

How about you?

Well done you thats great.

I have four stone I need to lose and after messing up the last couple of days im restarting in the morning. So this is my first week. I did do it last year for 12 weeks and lost 4 stone. I just never let myself get to target.

Keep up the good work what an inspiration! x

12 stone is amazing in 4 weeks. Wow, well done you. I'm sure you can do that this time as well.

I hope your new start goes better. I've fallen off the wagon a time or two :blush: Good luck with week one and hang on through the carb withdrawal!

Anybody still around on here? Kinda going to need to some encouragement over the next few weeks :shrug:

I've always been overweight and seem to always be on a diet of some kind. About 6 years ago I lost 2 stone on weight watchers but put it all back on and more when I 'settled down' with my oh.
I lost a stone following slimming world last year and then stopped when I found out I was pregnant. I had my baby at the beg of Jan and two weeks after my section I was only 5 pounds heavier than I had been pre pregnancy- a small miracle when you consider how many biscuits I ate :haha: The weight crept on over the following weeks but by the time I started Cambridge for the first time I had lost half a stone and was back to virtually my pre pregnancy weight. But I was still at least 4 stone overweight :cry:
My best friend was getting married in June and had lost 3.5 stone doing sole source so when Ryan was exactly 12 weeks old I started the Cambridge diet. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be and I managed 3 weeks before I cracked and ate something- I treated myself for a good loss with a big cheese sandwich, hardly appropriate when thats what brought me to cambridge in the first place :nope: And thats where it went downhill, I got back into ss but then we had my friends hen do, girly shopping/ lunch dates, etc and I was probably eating on at least 3 if not 4 days out of the week. By the time the wedding came round I had been doing Cambridge for 12 weeks and had lost 26 pounds, I felt great :happydance:
However, now I had nothing to work towards and my oh had his hours cut at work so I stopped. I had been cheating so much and only getting small losses anyway so in my mind it wasn't worth paying £40 a week for :dohh:
Over the next two and a half weeks I ate everything I could lay my hands on and when I joined slimming world had put 11 pounds back on :dohh: The first week at sw was great, I lost 6 pounds but then just completely lost my willpower and went back to eating everything I could :dohh:
And that brings us to this week. On monday I contacted my consultant and got weighed on tuesday. I was 5lb heavier than I had been when I last saw her 5 weeks earlier- I was pretty pleased with that.
I had one last greggs and round of toast on tuesday and started back on sole source yesterday :happydance: I was doing ok until I ate a small piece of bread and butter that I'd given Ryan and finished off the last 6 or so forkfuls of my oh's chicken fried rice :dohh: So far so good today tho, not eaten a single thing :happydance:
I'm feeling positive and motivated right now, I can shift this two and a half stone that I'm lugging around with me- as if Ryan isn't heavy enough :haha:
I'm taking it week by week and not putting pressure on myself, I don't have an event to slim for so if I have a bad week thats fine, I just have to get back on with it :thumbup:

Sorry for turning this into an essay, it's actually been very therapeutic to write it all down. Hope it helps me stick at it :thumbup:

Gosh that really did turn into a big essay- sorry! And apologies for using so many smilies, you don't realise until you post your reply :haha:

I stopped my shakes, as I was due to start IVF soon and needed to eat a healthy diet. Anyway, 2 weeks later i've gained far too much weight so i'm back on them for a while to try and get rid of it again. I hadn't been that bad but it seems when you start eating a whole pile of pounds go back on. Wasn't prepared for that.

Bring on the carb withdrawal headache!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->