The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hello ladies,
I'm new to bnb and I'm glad to have joined. I'm currently on clomid 100mg for days 2-6. The first cycle of 50mg didn't work for me. I'm also trying to monitor my ovulation using the one step ovulation sticks. On CD17 today and for the pSt 2 days there's a faint line but not positive. I'm currently confused if I've missed my ovulation or if it's yet to come. :nope:

Do you test twice a day? Before clomid I only tested once in the am, and always caught it. But a lot of the girls on here test twice a day, so I started doing that. I had a neg that am, but that pm I had a pos. And it was still pos the next am. So I would have missed the start if I hadn't done it twice!

Hi Kel21,
Yup I've heard that it's preferable to test twice so I have one test done around 2pm and another around 6pm. Haven't been doing any morning tests so far.. Think I shld hv one done in the morning instead? Thanks for your help :):)

I would space the tests out as far apart as you can, you could be missing it when sleeping overnight or in the morning. Some gals have a very short surge. Also some never gettca true positive according to test standards mine got dark, but never darker than the control line, just how they works for me.

dont be naive like me, the chances of having twins really is very high on chlomid!!

I would space the tests out as far apart as you can, you could be missing it when sleeping overnight or in the morning. Some gals have a very short surge. Also some never gettca true positive according to test standards mine got dark, but never darker than the control line, just how they works for me.

Hi Hopeful42nd,
I never knew the surge could last only a few hours. Thought it might last at least 24hrs. Did all ur ovulation tests end up not positive? Maybe I should also test in the mornings? What if mine never becomes darker than the control? Would that mean I'm not ovulating or that the tests are not picking it up? Sorry for the many questions. Really confused :nope:

Hi Hopeful42nd,
I never knew the surge could last only a few hours. Thought it might last at least 24hrs. Did all ur ovulation tests end up not positive? Maybe I should also test in the mornings? What if mine never becomes darker than the control? Would that mean I'm not ovulating or that the tests are not picking it up? Sorry for the many questions. Really confused :nope:

Mine never got darker than the control, I had all but given up when I finally got one equally as dark as the control on CD21.

I was doing one in the AM and one in the afternoon each day. Keep testing - it will happen! :winkwink:

I have never had a line darker then control, just the same as control. Did get a smiley face on clear blue digital.

Thanks babybumpahead and jme84!
I'll continue testing till AF shows up.. As I've been trying to conceive for only 2 months now, still trying to figure out my ovulation.. Hope it happens soon.. Can get stressed out thinking if it'll happen

I got a smiley face yesterday on a clearblue digital Opk at 2pm and this morning my temp went up .4 degrees from normal. Yesterday was cd 15.

When would my 1dpo be? Tomorrow?

I go for my annual on feb 22 so she said she will do blood work. I can hardly wait. I'm hoping for BFP!

I was just thinking that the Opk was pos at 2pm on sat. I may not O for 12-24 hours which would be Sunday.

I was just thinking that the Opk was pos at 2pm on sat. I may not O for 12-24 hours which would be Sunday.

But your temp spiked today - so you have ovulated. Same thing w me this month - temp up the day after (+) OPK.

When I tested yesterday the digital one said posative but when I ejected the stick it wasnt near as dark as test strip so out of curiosity I tested today at 2pm and another posative except this time its asdark or darker than test strip. So this time its fr sure. Im releived because since it was light yesterday I would have worried the whole time if it was a false posative.

Hi Hopeful42nd,

Hi :)
Yeah, the tests are different for everyone. Mine never were as dark as the control but that was a positive for me. I O'd every month. I really don't like those tests much, I know they work for some and not others. There is the CB fertility monitor which is pricey but takes the guesswork out. Or maybe your doc would consider monitoring or cd 21 bloodwork.
You could try temping for confirming you ovulate too, but it won't help you catch the right time frame as its already too late by then.
My friend had to use 3 tests per day, neg morn pos aft neg by night. Goes to show you everyone is diff

Hi Hopeful42nd,

Hi :)
Yeah, the tests are different for everyone. Mine never were as dark as the control but that was a positive for me. I O'd every month. I really don't like those tests much, I know they work for some and not others. There is the CB fertility monitor which is pricey but takes the guesswork out. Or maybe your doc would consider monitoring or cd 21 bloodwork.
You could try temping for confirming you ovulate too, but it won't help you catch the right time frame as its already too late by then.
My friend had to use 3 tests per day, neg morn pos aft neg by night. Goes to show you everyone is diff

Thanks for sharing.. Will try and monitor.. The last test I took the line has become fainter than previous days so not sure if the surge already came and gone.. Did the deeds on alternate days so hope I caught it if it came :):)

But your temp spiked today - so you have ovulated. Same thing w me this month - temp up the day after (+) OPK.

I temped today and it was back to what it was before. I only had one morning with it up. So I dont know. I go for blood work next week and we are bd'ing as much as possible :thumbup:

Same here! At one point I know for sure that I am, and then the next min I'm sure I am out! Then I have a symptom, then I'm sure it wasn't! :wacko::wacko::wacko:](*,) If I didn't have this site I would be driving my dh batty! :wacko: I am very greatful for all of the wonderful ladies on this site!! I just so hope I get a BFP this month cause I'm not sure I will survive another tww! When I'm not on clomid I don't stress the tww this bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->