The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hi ladies, does Clomid cause pregnancy symptoms like, nausea and increased appetite?

I am 9DPO and have been having nausea off and on for the past 4 or 5 days and the past 2 days, I seem to be starving all the time and when I eat, I can only eat a little, it starts making me sick so, I have to stop. I don't want to get my hopes up to be let down but, I am starting to wonder.

:flower:

You would be surprised how closely clomid mimics pregnancy symptoms. I swore up and down last month that i was pregnant, i was nauseous in the mornings, i couldn't look at certain foods and then at times i would eat for 5 people, lol. Try not to read into the signs because you can totally play mind games on yourself and then when the nasty af arrives, its that much harder to deal with.

This time around (2nd clomid cycle) i am having no symptoms at all. no sore bbs, no dryness, nothing. i am 3dpo today so we will see what the days ahead bring. GL!!!:thumbup:

I definitely had a lot of pregnancy-like symptoms last cycle too and I was pretty gutted when AF showed. I hate that about Clomid!

I wasn't dried out my first cycle but I am this time!
@Stay Hopeful - I was dry with my first round, this month I drank 250ml of Ruby Grapefruit juice every morning from CD1 - Ovulation. It worked wonders! Give it a go next round (if you have a next round) You'll have tonnes of EWCM

im actually having that with brekky right now lol. i heard it helps with ovulation.
it doesnt taste as bad as i expected too!

Hi ladies, does Clomid cause pregnancy symptoms like, nausea and increased appetite?

I am 9DPO and have been having nausea off and on for the past 4 or 5 days and the past 2 days, I seem to be starving all the time and when I eat, I can only eat a little, it starts making me sick so, I have to stop. I don't want to get my hopes up to be let down but, I am starting to wonder.

:flower:

ive been having nausea in morning too, i told my hubby and he got over excited i may be pregnant lol. im like no, they dont work that fast

and also i keep going out and buying heaps of junkfood, getting it home then not wanting it lol:haha:

Hello:
I am now pregnant with my first (6 weeks and some change) with the help of Clomid. I had sporadic, long cycles (31, 35, 45, etc) and ovarian cysts. I was never diagnosed with PCOS, but blood sugar problems run on both sides of my family, so I "self diagnosed." After trying for three cycles (I know, not a super long time), I decided to talk with my doctor since I already knew that cysts and irregular cycles were not a good sign. He started me on 50mg days 5-9 with instructions to "engage" every other day on days 10-21. My husband works 24 on, 48 off, so we went with 2 out of 3 days. A blood test on Day 22 showed low progesterone levels indicating that I likely did not ovulate. We decided to increase to 100 mg clomid. A quantitative HCG on Day 29 came back negative, so I started 10 days on provera to induce a new cycle and start over. We were preparing to go on a cruise around day 48, so I randomly (without hope) took a HPT just for "shoots and giggles" on day 45, and it was POSITIVE. The blood test was at 1300, and then we went out of town for a week. Later, my ultrasound showed right at 6 weeks with a heartbeat. This just goes to show that we can have faith in clomid causing ovulation, but maybe OVERovulation, almost like a second fertile window before a menstrual period. Just keep this in mind because I haven't read about anything like this on a forum before. My doctor also put me on prometrium (change from provera) to increase progesterone since it's usually low in women who conceive using fertility drugs. He also told me to take 1 baby aspirin (NO regular aspirin) per day to help with circulation. Let's pray for each other (8wk ultrasound on May 2). Other tips from my doctor: Take mucinex an hour before TTC to break down cervical mucus. Hips elevated for 20 minutes. Husband takes Vitamin E and C supplements to increase sperm count. TTC often, not just on that one day the pee stick says you're ovulating. My doctor says those are a waste of money. I also started this eating plan since PCOS is related to spikes in blood sugar and insulin resistance. Book: Insulin Resistance Diet

Thought I would send a quick update for everyone, we are currently 18 weeks and 4 days?? We will be finding you on April 30th what we are having and are so excited. I have been getting a lot of back pain lately, but i think it might be the start of round ligament pain or my kidneys giving me issues (could also be my uterus getting bigger) my hubby doesnt understand hormones or pregnancy, need to order him a book lol Baby dust to all of you!

Hey girls! I am on my second month of no clomid after five months of high doses of clomid. I think I may have gotten my BFP. There is a second line but it is really lite. I don't think it will be real unless line gets darker. Can't wait until morning when I can test again. Crazy thing is if this is a BFP we did it all on our own no medications.

Thanks I hope I can sleep tonight. I am trying to decide if I should tell dh or wait until morning and see what the test does don't want to get his hopes up.

Morning,
I started on 50mg of Clomid last month with no success, have increased to 100mg this month and am assuming it is working given the side effects I have experienced ie painful ovulation, bloating, weight gain ... wonderful being female isn’t it! Me and Hubby been ttc for 2 1/2 years now without success, had all the tests done which have come back fine thankfully. As you all know it so frustrating and heart breaking when it doesn’t happen each month, doesn’t help when sister in law gets caught first month of trying, they are 10 years younger than us so that probably helps LOL ... on saying that I am over the moon for them though. Anyway, I just wanted to say reading all the success stories of Clomid babies has made me feel more positive for us so thank you for sharing the stories, and hopefully we’ll be one of those success stories soon enough ... twins would be nice as well, we want two but at nearly 34 I don’t want it taking years to get pregnant with a second
x

Also ladies, on the grapefruit juice topic, ive felt gross all day! i usually have morning tea at work but from the minute i had that juice at brekky i felt so heavy n gassy, burping n hiccups all day, skipped morning tea cos felt so full n heavy n struggled to get lunch in! still feeling blergh... everytime i think about the yucky feeling in my tummy i can taste that juice again!:nope::shrug:

My bbt dipped this morning (CD14), could that mean o is on its way? My OPK was negative but I have PCOS and I know that can mess with them.

does bbt charting work with pcos??
i thought it didnt.

im not monitoring im just dtd every 2nd day(or occasionally more) from cd8-20, trying to pinpoint o with pcos is way too stressful for me

Hi ladies!

I am on day 4 of clomid 100mg (last cycle with 100mg we didn't catch the little eggy. Even though we bd'd on all the right days... :cry:).

Today I am having EWCM. I saw this last cycle around the same time too. Last cycle was EWCM then just wet for about a day or two then EWCM again and alot of it. I doubt I am ovulating this early but has anyone ever had this while on clomid? I am thinking that maybe 100mg clomid dose is not enough for me and my body just isn't even reacting to it?? Not sure - my mind goes all crazy when I'm waiting to ovulate. Overthink everything! :haha: I'm gonna bd tonight just in case.

Hopefulfor1st- I have pcos and taking my temp works really well for me it will only onfirm when you ovukate not tell you when you will o so worth a try?

Stayhopeful- gl :dust:

Butterfly & carty- :hi: welcome to the thread, I hope you get your bfp's soon ladies :)

Only had a chance to read the last page so sorry if I have missed anyone and :hi: if I have :)

Hi ladies!

I am on day 4 of clomid 100mg (last cycle with 100mg we didn't catch the little eggy. Even though we bd'd on all the right days... :cry:).

Today I am having EWCM. I saw this last cycle around the same time too. Last cycle was EWCM then just wet for about a day or two then EWCM again and alot of it. I doubt I am ovulating this early but has anyone ever had this while on clomid? I am thinking that maybe 100mg clomid dose is not enough for me and my body just isn't even reacting to it?? Not sure - my mind goes all crazy when I'm waiting to ovulate. Overthink everything! :haha: I'm gonna bd tonight just in case.

im on day 4 too hun, its my first round. fx the 50 works... otherwise ill b devo ive wasted cycle plus provera time

also ive had a few ladies on other threads im on say the same thing about the ewcm and query wether they ov 2x, and theyve been told they were successful clomid rounds so i think your fine

I just go prescribed clomid 100mg after 2 cycles of 50mg both of which I o'ed on. Has anyone else done this? O on 50 but bfn so went on to 100? This is my last round with obgyn then to the RE if this cycle dosent work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->