The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Got my bfp monday april 23. Lines were so faint I didn't belive it but blood test confirmed. When we were in grand cayman I kissed a stingray, which they say is 7 years good luck. I think that was finally the trick.

:hi: hello girls, may I join your thread? I'm about to start my first round of clomid as son as this cycle ends (I'm on cd29 with no ovulation yet) it could be awhile. Weid because my last cycle was only 29 days long! I'm so irregular :-( it makes me sad
Iv been ttc for a little over a year now. We had a visit with the dr last Monday. DHs SA was excellent! :happydance: I however am not ovulating :-( and at thar appointment the dr felt something on my right side and requested an ultrasound (the next day) and they found a cyst. I was worried he wouldn't want me to take the clomid but he said its ok :-(
So as soon as this cycle from hell ends lol i ll start 50mg cd5-9 and see what happens!

Hi everyone, I'm back here again :( I'll be going on to round 3 of Clomid this month, not sure why we're still not getting our BFP, the Clomid is definitely making me ovulate and we're BDing on the correct days. I guess if it doesn't work this round we'll have to get DH a SA, it's going to take me ages to convince him to do that. Any other tips any of you can give me for this round?

Well, I am starting round 2 of Clomid this month. The witch got me this morning. :cry:

I really don't know what we didi wrong, we BDed everyday for 7 days staright and then 2 more times. From FF, we BDed on all the right days but, I don't know.

Well, I am starting round 2 of Clomid this month. The witch got me this morning. :cry:

I really don't know what we didi wrong, we BDed everyday for 7 days staright and then 2 more times. From FF, we BDed on all the right days but, I don't know.

my fs said every 2nd day as it takes at least 24 hours for sperm to regenerate

Got my bfp monday april 23. Lines were so faint I didn't belive it but blood test confirmed. When we were in grand cayman I kissed a stingray, which they say is 7 years good luck. I think that was finally the trick.

I kissed a sting ray in Grand Cayman in Feb! I hope it works for me too! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance:

:hi: hello girls, may I join your thread? I'm about to start my first round of clomid as son as this cycle ends (I'm on cd29 with no ovulation yet) it could be awhile. Weid because my last cycle was only 29 days long! I'm so irregular :-( it makes me sad
Iv been ttc for a little over a year now. We had a visit with the dr last Monday. DHs SA was excellent! :happydance: I however am not ovulating :-( and at thar appointment the dr felt something on my right side and requested an ultrasound (the next day) and they found a cyst. I was worried he wouldn't want me to take the clomid but he said its ok :-(
So as soon as this cycle from hell ends lol i ll start 50mg cd5-9 and see what happens!

Hi everyone, I'm back here again :( I'll be going on to round 3 of Clomid this month, not sure why we're still not getting our BFP, the Clomid is definitely making me ovulate and we're BDing on the correct days. I guess if it doesn't work this round we'll have to get DH a SA, it's going to take me ages to convince him to do that. Any other tips any of you can give me for this round?

Good luck Jess! :hugs:

Mamafajane: For sure get the SA done as soon as possible.

Galvababy: Sorry the witch got you! I know it is so frustrating when we just know that we have done all that we were supposed too. :cry:

Prayers and Blessings to us all. This TWW is going to kill me! :dohh:

Angie

I'm not sure if I o'd or not. I had a positive OPK Thurs night and Fri morning, then my temp rose on Sat, so I thought I o'd on Fri. But last Clomid cycle my bbt rose two days before my positive OPK and I didn't o until 4 days after my positive OPK so I don't want to assume I o'd this cycle and then miss the chance to be when I actually do. I had ewcm today, so I'm not sure what to think. I have another scan on Thurs, so I guess we'll just keep dtd daily until then.

I'm not sure if I o'd or not. I had a positive OPK Thurs night and Fri morning, then my temp rose on Sat, so I thought I o'd on Fri. But last Clomid cycle my bbt rose two days before my positive OPK and I didn't o until 4 days after my positive OPK so I don't want to assume I o'd this cycle and then miss the chance to be when I actually do. I had ewcm today, so I'm not sure what to think. I have another scan on Thurs, so I guess we'll just keep dtd daily until then.

Sounds like a good plan! Keep on DTD :happydance:

So who is the clomid expert? I have a few questions before I start it
What side effects should I expect?
Will I ovulate at a "normal" cd14 and have a 28day cycle?
Does anyone get really strong o symptoms?
Can it cause problems with cysts? (I already have problems with them)
How high is the risk for twins? (I want twins!)

Sorry for the masive questions lol I have more
I'm so curious though

I'm so curious though

Hey Jess19,
I'm about to start my 3rd round of Clomid and don't really consider myself an expert but I can answer your questions from my experiences:
Side effects - I've done 100mg CD 5-9 both times and experienced very few side effects (only head aches and skin break outs) until ovulation. I got very bloated for 3 days leading up to ovulation and had major ovary pains during these 3 days. I experience a lot of pregnancy symptoms during the TWW (sore boobs, sensitive nipples, nausea, tiredness, acid reflux and hot flushes) I also find my CM decreases while on Clomid.

Will I ovulate like normal - no, Clomid makes me ovulate later (CD17) than usual and with other women it makes them ovulate earlier. It has also given me a 30 day cycle both rounds, so each person is different in this respect.

Does anyone get strong O symptoms - not usually, but on Clomid I can actually tell when I'm ovulating - its not terribly painful but it is uncomfortable for me. I also get a major skin break out around ovulation time.

Can it cause problems with cysts - yes it can cause additional cysts, it important that you be monitored by your doctor while on Clomid if you have a problem with cysts. (I also have issues with cysts but seem to have been lucky so far)

How high is the risk of twins - it seems to me that the sooner in your cycle you take the Clomid, the higher the risk of twins. Earlier in your cycle the Clomid helps to creat MORE mature eggs, later in your cycle the Clomid helps make a stronger more fertile egg.

Hope this helps, like I said, I'm not an expert yet but I've been through this twice already :)

I'm so curious though

So this is only my second round of Clomid 100mg CD3-7
The first month I was extremely bloated and just felt like a whale. This month it just gave me horrible headaches. I am monitored by vaginal ultrasounds so I know exactly how many follicles I have and when to do the HCG trigger and IUI. My cycles before Clomid were 28 days with "O" between CD14-CD16. Last month we Triggered on CD12 this month CD 11. I had a lot of follicles on my left and right ovaries this month so our RE/FS did warn us about the risk of multiples. The color drained from my husbands face !!:haha:
During the TWW I was convinced last month that I was pregnant. My boobs were so full and heavy and my nips felt like they were going to fall off. I would burst into tears for no reason and eat everything in sight..None of those things were signs of AF before, then Bammo the witch showed. Clomid can be tricky and cruel, but totally worth it for that BFP!!

Yes the "O" pains were pretty intense this month. I told my RE I was feeling them on both ovaries this time. Lookout for twins! Bahahaha

I am 2DPO Good luck!

Prayers and Blessings

~Angie ( I am 41 years young)

Thanks so much girls, that's wonderful advice and info :hugs:
:dust:

You didn't do anything wrong. :hugs: your chances each month, even on clomid are 15-25 % at best. Clomid isn't a miracle pill but it can help. It all just depends on where the dice falls each month. Eventually you should get your bfp. A couple withou sperm issues who ovulates each month should get pregnant in 6 months, maybe a couple more. Age and some other factors could make it more like a year. Just remember to keep at it, don't give up or let it get you too down. As for BD, I would do every other day until you hit your positive opk and then every day for 3-4 days. It gives his numbers a better chance to increase. Remember even in the not so good ttc times it's very beneficial to his swimmers to have regular ejaculation. Keeps their motility and morph up.
Keep your chin up! It's going to happen! :)

:hi: ladies hope everyone is well? Haven't had a chance to read back through all of the posts so sorry for that.
Sorry I havent been on much been soooo busy! literally been looking in the past few days on my phone...

I am 7dpo the tww is soooooo boring!
:dust:

And :hi: Jess How are you? Nice to see you on here!!! So you are starting clomid :happydance: gl :dust:

AF showed up this morning without taking provera. YAH!!! Onto cycle 2 of clomid.

:hi: hi scerena
I'm doing good, ill be better as soon as this cycle ends and I can start clomid! Lo
Last cycle was 29 days and today I on cd29 and I haven't even ovulated yet! Its so frusturating!

How have you been?
How lon have you been on clomid?

:hi: hi scerena
I'm doing good, ill be better as soon as this cycle ends and I can start clomid! Lo
Last cycle was 29 days and today I on cd29 and I haven't even ovulated yet! Its so frusturating!

How have you been?
How lon have you been on clomid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"