The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Jess- gl hun :dust:

Jennifer- I am not sure my fs says first day of full bright red flow I would phone the doc/fs that prescribed it to you

Stephie- hopefully you get your :bfp: gl my fx'd :dust:

Ary32- I hope that you get your temp shift soon to confirm you have ovulated :)

usmcwife- I hope you ovulate this cycle, feelings in your ovaries are a good starting sign :dust:

Afm- 9dpo, bored haven't tested yet I am doing soooo good :)

Hello ladies!

Today is CD17, I have not done an opk because I test at night. BBT did drop this morning although my temps tend to go up and down so I am hoping that it is finally ovulation. Only symptom I have experienced is ovulation pain, I've had cramps only twice in my life and I def feel the difference, pain is only on my left.

Hoping to finally get my +opk since this is my 3rd round of Clomid 50mg.

Question: When my dr first prescribed Clomid he mentioned that it CANNOT be taken for more than 6 months. Which is why I am even more worried, I've taken 3 so I have 3 months left to try conceiving with Clomid. However, I've noticed some of you have used it for much longer. What have your drs mentioned about long term use of Clomid?

Thank you all :hugs: and tons of :dust:

Hello ladies!

Today is CD17, I have not done an opk because I test at night. BBT did drop this morning although my temps tend to go up and down so I am hoping that it is finally ovulation. Only symptom I have experienced is ovulation pain, I've had cramps only twice in my life and I def feel the difference, pain is only on my left.

Hoping to finally get my +opk since this is my 3rd round of Clomid 50mg.

Question: When my dr first prescribed Clomid he mentioned that it CANNOT be taken for more than 6 months. Which is why I am even more worried, I've taken 3 so I have 3 months left to try conceiving with Clomid. However, I've noticed some of you have used it for much longer. What have your drs mentioned about long term use of Clomid?

Thank you all :hugs: and tons of :dust:

My Dr Says 4 months for me. I guess it thins your uterine lining. Plus I am 41 so 4months then on to injectables or IVF..
What cycle days are you taking it and what strength? I am shocked to read that you are on CD17 and still waiting to "O". Are you monitored at all? Like with ultrasounds?
My cycle without Clomid were 28 days and O on CD14 or 16. Now my cycle is 25 days with O last month on CD12 and this month CD10 its freakin nuts..lol
I am monitored by ultrasound though and this month on CD 9 he saw 5, 17mm follicles and we did trigger CD10 IUI CD11

Now I'm just waiting

Prayers and Blessing,
~Angie

Thanks scerena :hugs:
I had another temp rise today :happydance: and ff gave me my crosshairs back!
I'm 3dpo now and af is due on mothers day

My Dr Says 4 months for me. I guess it thins your uterine lining. Plus I am 41 so 4months then on to injectables or IVF..
What cycle days are you taking it and what strength? I am shocked to read that you are on CD17 and still waiting to "O". Are you monitored at all? Like with ultrasounds?
My cycle without Clomid were 28 days and O on CD14 or 16. Now my cycle is 25 days with O last month on CD12 and this month CD10 its freakin nuts..lol
I am monitored by ultrasound though and this month on CD 9 he saw 5, 17mm follicles and we did trigger CD10 IUI CD11

Now I'm just waiting

Prayers and Blessing,
~Angie

I have PCOS so my cycles are loooonnnnggg. I usually have to give AF a week to be late so around CD 35 I start Provera for 10 days and usually 3 days after AF arrives. Last cycle was 48 days long, previous was 41.

I am taking it CD3-7 50mg. I am not monitored with ultrasounds or anything else. Just on my own with opks n bbt. Dr. px 3 months of 50mg Clomid and said I probably wouldn't need all 3. :nope:I'm guessing he will just increase the dose if this isn't my month.
I started the opk CD 9 and I've had plenty of faint lines but no def +. But this is my first month seeing any second line at all. Almost forgot I am 23 DH is 29.

Good luck to you!!!!:thumbup:

Ary32 - I was told they would have me on it for a max of 12 months. I'm on my 4th round now...

C
x

Hey ladies,

My consultant says 6 months should be enough time, and if not we can move on to IUI. I'm hoping it will not get that far though. I'm currently on my first cycle of clomid from cd2-6. I'm on cd17 now and get my +opk this morning and have been instructed to BD morning and night today and tomorrow and once the day after. I'm looking out for my temp shift now to confirm ovulation.
I will also go for a blood test mid next week to check progesterone levels which will further confirm the ovulation.

By the way I'm on a monitored cycle, so I have had 2 ultrasounds to check the size of my follies.

Ary32 we are both on cd17..... Fingers crossed for you, cycle-buddy.

Its amazing how all of us are so different, but going through the same things.

There are lots of different factors when TTC So I suppose none of us will ever be doing the exact same regimen :winkwink:

God bless us all :hugs:

Ary32 - I was told they would have me on it for a max of 12 months. I'm on my 4th round now...

C
x

Are you being monitored? I noticed your on 50mg have you had any +opk?
Good luck! Hope this is your month. :thumbup:

Ary32 have you tried using the smiley face OPK's? I know there are expensive, but they are so much easier to use, no confusion - it's either a yes or no. My hospital only recommend these and only take your results seriously if you give them results from these OPK's. It might be worth the investment, I think they are cheapest on amazon.

I have pcos too, hence the clomid and my cycles can be anything from 37-90 days long. I had to take provera for 17 days to get AF before I started this round of clomid.

Hey ladies,

My consultant says 6 months should be enough time, and if not we can move on to IUI. I'm hoping it will not get that far though. I'm currently on my first cycle of clomid from cd2-6. I'm on cd17 now and get my +opk this morning and have been instructed to BD morning and night today and tomorrow and once the day after. I'm looking out for my temp shift now to confirm ovulation.
I will also go for a blood test mid next week to check progesterone levels which will further confirm the ovulation.

By the way I'm on a monitored cycle, so I have had 2 ultrasounds to check the size of my follies.

Ary32 we are both on cd17..... Fingers crossed for you, cycle-buddy.

MrsOjo: Congrats on the positive opk specially on the first round, thats def one step closer! What dose did you take? Can't wait to get home and test.
Good luck and I hope this is your month! :hugs:

Ary32 have you tried using the smiley face OPK's? I know there are expensive, but they are so much easier to use, no confusion - it's either a yes or no. My hospital only recommend these and only take your results seriously if you give them results from these OPK's. It might be worth the investment, I think they are cheapest on amazon.

I have pcos too, hence the clomid and my cycles can be anything from 37-90 days long. I had to take provera for 17 days to get AF before I started this round of clomid.

I am going to go buy some smiley opks today! My doctor didn't suggest a brand so I didn't think much of it. And since I test for so long I didn't invest in those. But since I am getting faint lines this month and I don't know what to make of them, I'll save myself the confusion and invest.

Im glad to see someone with pcos, on provera and very long cycles get a +opk...gives me some hope. :thumbup:

Great, definitely get them. I'm on 50mg, and sa I said my cycle is monitored which makes things a bit easier because you don't have to waste the opk sticks if your follicles are only 12mm which mine were last Thursday. So my dr said to start the OPK's on Sunday, I decided to start Saturday just to cover all my bases.

I also had my follies checked yesterday and the dominant ones were 16mm and 17mm so i knew I was not too far off, but i never expected to get a positive today and even my dr said he was a bit surprised too.

Also with the smiley face tests you can use them with first morning urine, the other tests suggest that you don't. When I got my + this morning, I was slightly suspicious because I have heard that your first morning urine is naturally more concentrated with LH anyway, and so I tested again about 2 hrs ago - still a smiley face. So this morning was not a fluke result.

just a quick question, has anyone try tried the preseed lub while on clomid?
and was everyone/anyones breast tender or b4 O? If so how long b4 u O or after? I havent got any tender breast, just nausea more in evening but on/off through out day, and I get the O pains this month and mostly on left but some on right, but they arent to bad!..... and still - on opk! I know its only cd14 :sad2:

just a quick question, has anyone try tried the preseed lub while on clomid?
and was everyone/anyones breast tender or b4 O? If so how long b4 u O or after? I havent got any tender breast, just nausea more in evening but on/off through out day, and I get the O pains this month and mostly on left but some on right, but they arent to bad!..... and still - on opk! I know its only cd14 :sad2:

I haven't tried the preseed and I haven't had tender breast, I don't get many symptoms not with AF or waiting on ovulation. However, I've had a couple days with ovulation pain this cycle and still no + opk. Im on CD 17 so I know how you feel. Hang in there!:flower:

I bought some preseed this month, was actually over the moon because I'd been to tonnes of pharmacies and hadn't found any, decided they didn't supply South Africa. Im currently on CD3 and can't wait till CD12 to try it out! I've heard lots of good things about it!

I have as well heard lots of good things about preseed! Very shocked I found it at Target and not Walmart since u can find anything at walmart. It also came with 15$ worth of clearblue coupons :thumbup: and one of the coupons was 10.00 off a O kit :happydance: I am going to need some refills for mine so hey saves me $$$$ I have been trying to OPK 2 times a day 1 with the clearblue dig, and once with a off brand (store brand). Very hard not to have to use the bathroom within 2-4 hrs and ontop of that not really drinking to much of anything...ummmm cause my mouth is so dry! My DH says I am a dork cause I keep saying i want my tatas to hurt. In all honesty I can say this month its doing something cause I had none of the side effects last month, but that doesnt mean I will even O this month, and my Dr said if not she is up it to 150, but I can only imagine what I will feel like, the nausea is getting to where I dont wanna eat or really do much of anything. I hope it goes away soon or if I do O I hope the nausea goes away after!

I use pre-seed too although when I first used it I had a burning sensation. Didn't happen again but then I didn't use it for a little while, went back to it and burnt again the first time but then no burning after that!! Very weird!

C
x

Not used preseed, but I have tried Sasmar Conceive Plus, and I have heard that it is good if not better than preeseed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->