The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Has anyone felt nauseous around O time, a few days after finishing clomid?

I'm on round 1 of clomid cd5-9, and 9 was last weekend. No side-effects while I was actually taking the clomid at all, but Opks look as though I have Od, or am about to, and I've felt really sick all week. Certain sights and smells turning my stomach and can only face plain food. Obv not due to pregnancy but I never get ill and I know I'm not imagining it!

Ive seen other comments about ovulation sickness and sickness on clomid but can't find any definitive answer online

Anyone else?
Thanks!
I've been feeling nauseous off and on since finishing my pills this round,I'm on CD15 and waiting to o.

Hey girls I started cycle 1 of clomid today and I've been eating so much!! I've never been this hungry in my life..so my question is does clomid make you hungry?:blush:

Hey girls I started cycle 1 of clomid today and I've been eating so much!! I've never been this hungry in my life..so my question is does clomid make you hungry?:blush:

Round 2 of chlomid I did get hungry and felt really bloated & lethargic. I started having more veggies & drinking more H2O, I don't want to start gaining weight with all these hormones as this can impact fertility negatively. Frustrating!

I have a question. I am about to take my last dose of Clomid 50mg. I have been having terrible hot flashes. I sweat so much at night and now, I have the air conditioner on but it feels like it is off. I don't get relief unless I have the air directly towards me. When I go away from it, I start feeling suffocated. My poor DH is sitting here freezing which I find odd because I am sooo hot. What did you ladies do to manage your hot flashes? I actually woke up with my hair completely wet from sweating at night...and I had the AC on all night! I've heard that these symptoms can go for some time after taking the last pill and I'd like to control it if possible. Any tips would be great.

lilyannabella - I haven't been any more hungry than usual. With that said, symptoms do vary from person to person so it's possible for the medicine to make you more hungry.

Hi everyone, I am pregnant after my second round of clomid, I had help with estrogen therapy too as clomid thinned my lining so much after just the first round!! As you can see I have had a lot of miscarriages. I was not on clomid for those I usually ov on my own. I was put on clomid to kick start my period after the last mc. The consultant put me on it again for some reason even though I would have ovulated on my own. Anyhow I'm pregnant now but terrified of another miscarriage. Have any of you ever been told that clomid can increase the chances of miscarriages? I just read somewhere it can but I need to stop dr googling probably! Thanks everyone :flower:

Hi everyone, I am pregnant after my second round of clomid, I had help with estrogen therapy too as clomid thinned my lining so much after just the first round!! As you can see I have had a lot of miscarriages. I was not on clomid for those I usually ov on my own. I was put on clomid to kick start my period after the last mc. The consultant put me on it again for some reason even though I would have ovulated on my own. Anyhow I'm pregnant now but terrified of another miscarriage. Have any of you ever been told that clomid can increase the chances of miscarriages? I just read somewhere it can but I need to stop dr googling probably! Thanks everyone :flower:

I read something online about Clomid increasing chances of a miscarriage but that was just on a forum website like this one. I haven't read any hard evidence of it. I think of it this way, the chances of having a miscarriage are what...20-30% early on? So, if you get pregnant from Clomid, there is a chance that you will miscarry and so people probably blame it on the Clomid if it happens. I don't think that's true. If Clomid caused miscarriages, I don't think it would be used as often as it is. Google is my enemy. Anytime I get information on blood work or a medicine, I Google it. It never helps because I can read 50 positive posts but it is the 1 negative that I will focus on.

Congrats on your pregnancy! H&H 9 months! :hugs:

Hiya :)

Hope you don't mind me popping in.

Just finished my first lot of clomid yesturday and the dr told me to just start taking it as I haven't had a period since march.

But since I started it I have had a really bad stomach. Loads or cramping, bloating and a lot of gas :S (sorry if TMI) Is this "normal" on clomid?

Today I felt sick to my stomach for about three hours and was actually excited because thought maybe I had gotten pregnant this month. Then tonight went to the washroom and saw some brownish discharge. I was so upset thinking AF is coming. I have not had a natural cye in a long time so not sure how many days mine will be. I started this cycle on may second and found out yesterday that I did ovulate. I do not use opks or tempong so not exactly sure when I ovulated. I believe it was 10-13 days ago. I am trying not to get excited but now am thinking it could have. Een from implantation. So I am having a huge conflict with myself right now. I was going to test in the morning but since I saw the coloures discharge I am rethinking that. I have gone to the washroom since then and nothing. Ahhhh why is all this so confusing. Should I test in a day or two?? Sorry this is so long. Thanks for listening

Round 2 of chlomid I did get hungry and felt really bloated & lethargic. I started having more veggies & drinking more H2O, I don't want to start gaining weight with all these hormones as this can impact fertility negatively. Frustrating!

Ugh! I can't be gaining any weight. I'm not fat. I have skinny pcos I guess I will have to try to curb my appetite. Don't we pcos girls ever get a break!!:coffee:

Anyone had cystitis from all this BDing?!

I've had it for t 2 days now.

Anyone know if urinary infection can affect chance of getting bfp?

Anyone had cystitis from all this BDing?!

I've had it for t 2 days now.

Anyone know if urinary infection can affect chance of getting bfp?

i dont have cystitis but im feeling very iirated down there cos all the beding and im using softcups too x

I got my smiley this morning, which is different. The past 2 clomid cycles I got them on CD17, I took Clomid CD3-7. I use opks in the morning and in the late afternoon/ early evening, usually I get a smiley in the afternoon and then again the next morning, by the evening my surge is over. This time I took Clomid CD 5-9 and it was a lower dose, 25mg instead of 50. My OPK last night was neg so I was surprised to see a positive one this morning. We dtd on Cd 10, 12, and 15 so hopefully if we dtd again tonight we'll catch it. :wacko:

Hi ladies.
I was put on clomid due to not ovulating. I was told to take on days 2-6 (which I done). Dose of 50mg taken at night.

I have not taken clomid before and I have tried to look up what I have been experiencing with no luck. So this is what has been happening:

Period heavy day 1-3 then light days 4-11.
No bleeding at all on day 12.
Day 13 Ovulation pains? on right hand side, spotting bright red noticed only when wiping, for about 2hrs.
Day 14 pain on left hand side? not sure what this is, feels the same as it did yesterday on the other side so slightly confused. Again bright red blood on wiping, lasted on and off for about 3-4 hours.
Day 18 small amount of blood upon wiping first thing in the morning, nothing after.
Day 18-now (day 20) slight cramps.
Day 20 (today) feeling sick - all day!

Also I have been experiencing fertile CM from day 3 until now. It has been every day, loads of it (I know what it should look like before you question me, it is very stretchy and clear).
This has totally confused me as my Doctor warned me it could make me have hostile CM. Not found this "side affect" anywhere and I have never had this happen to me before!

So is this normal what I have experienced?
Will having spotting for so long be a problem for a fertilized egg?
Will me having fertile CM my whole cycle be a problem?
Why did I have pains on both sides?

I would rather ask you ladies who have experience as my Doctor seems useless, I ask him things and he says "it's normal don't worry" he doesn't explain anything to me.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Hi ladies.
I was put on clomid due to not ovulating. I was told to take on days 2-6 (which I done). Dose of 50mg taken at night.

I have not taken clomid before and I have tried to look up what I have been experiencing with no luck. So this is what has been happening:

Period heavy day 1-3 then light days 4-11.
No bleeding at all on day 12.
Day 13 Ovulation pains? on right hand side, spotting bright red noticed only when wiping, for about 2hrs.
Day 14 pain on left hand side? not sure what this is, feels the same as it did yesterday on the other side so slightly confused. Again bright red blood on wiping, lasted on and off for about 3-4 hours.
Day 18 small amount of blood upon wiping first thing in the morning, nothing after.
Day 18-now (day 20) slight cramps.
Day 20 (today) feeling sick - all day!

Also I have been experiencing fertile CM from day 3 until now. It has been every day, loads of it (I know what it should look like before you question me, it is very stretchy and clear).
This has totally confused me as my Doctor warned me it could make me have hostile CM. Not found this "side affect" anywhere and I have never had this happen to me before!

So is this normal what I have experienced?
Will having spotting for so long be a problem for a fertilized egg?
Will me having fertile CM my whole cycle be a problem?
Why did I have pains on both sides?

I would rather ask you ladies who have experience as my Doctor seems useless, I ask him things and he says "it's normal don't worry" he doesn't explain anything to me.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

I am just as confused as you. Didn't want to just read and go but it sounds very strange. I think you are bleeding too often. That doesn't even sound like spotting. I think you should ring your doctor because that does not sound normal.

because after day 3 it was light bleeding my doctor said not to worry as it can be a side affect of clomid, and I only had a problem if it was heavy and might need to be seen if it went all the way through my cycle (but it has stopped so don't need to be seen), is this not right then?
I would have thought him being a doctor he should know, but then doctors aren't always right which is why I am asking advice. Have no bleeding at all now (forgot to mention that in earlier post).

Ok you scared me for a minute. This is my first cycle of clomid. I'm taking 50 mg on CD 2-6. I'm on CD 3 now.
Anyway having ewcm for somany days doesn't matter your body is just producing loads of estrogen
Secondly have you been using OPKs? Because many women still have ewcm days after they ovulate. So I figure you ovulated maybe that's why you had cramping.

Ok you scared me for a minute. This is my first cycle of clomid. I'm taking 50 mg on CD 2-6. I'm on CD 3 now. I hope you get an answer soon. GL

So do I!
On the plus side I haven't really has the hot flashes that others have (suffered on the 3rd day of taking clomid for a couple hours then I was ok), I haven't had headaches or sickness, well I have been feeling sick all day today but thats it.

I haven't had the normal side affects people have. . . .though I have had the mood swings really bad lol.

So although I have had a strange cycle it could have been worse, I am trying to be positive, just want to know if I can still get pregnant with this happening in other people experiences as my doctor seems useless.

GL with your cycle!

I took clomid this cycle (my first cycle) because I don't ovulate but have a normal 29 day cycle af was 5/10 took clomid 3-7 BD on 5/16 5/18 5/23 5/24 5/26 and I had a positive opk on 5/23 and 5/24 and neg on 5/25 and 5/26 and on 5/26 around 3pm I started having pain on the right side of my ovary so I thought It would pass. I ended up at ER thinking I had uti and I didn't and dr told me that I am ovulating due to clomid and gave me a naproxan for pain and to come back if it gets worse to check my appendix, has anyone had any pains from clomid this far from first positive opk. Does that mean I ovulated on 5/26 or 5/24 no im very confused because I thought that as of 5/27 I would be 3 dpo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->