The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

hi ladies, I'm 'officially' 3 dpo. Yesterday evening til today I've had horrible pains in my left ovary. It feels like something is pulling on the ovary. I'm hunched over and in pain. The ovary has started to get sore. Sometimes my right one hurts when my left one is hurting but not as much. It took my 2 tylenols and almost an hour before I could get back to sleep. Yesterday morning I woke up w a sore throat, raspy voice, runny/stuffy nose... I thought I was getting a cold... is the ovary pain bc... of clomid? or am I getting ovarian cysts? am I ovulating?

I think you might be ovulating for I had the same symptoms of cramps and tinge of ovaries the doc said I am in the verge of ovulation:happydance:

it's weird that it'd be ovulation as my temp is higher than it has ever been at these days post-o. I hope I didn't ovulate more than once, haha.

The better the more:happydance:

@dyna. Yes it's like little stabs, sometimes more like the nerves have been knotted tightly. So you work with kids? That's interesting and wish u raise enough funds for the studio. My DH is busy watching cricket and I know very well that y the time he returns I will be fast asleep. :dohh:[/QUOTE]
Go jump his bones man!!!! Put some sexy undies on :holly:[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha...i rolled down laughing dyna, but finally it worked out and we BD last night, I hope it's not too late. My nipples turned sore and they have this tingling sensation. I normally have it before my periods, I dare not start the cycle again, for it's too early. I have a very bad headache too, it might be thru the preparation for a class. I teach English literature for the students and the course turns out quite hectic. Now fallen under the two week wait category, tell me young lady you are a day ahead of me, so how do you feel?

Hey G!!! We went to cycle this morning (we fdo mountain biking) I had crazy insane pains on left side.... Crossed over uterus (felt like period pains) then moved to right ovary... Now I've got dull pain over whole of lower abdomen. We didn't BD last night but fitted on in this afternoon ;) We off to watch the rugby now and then staying over at my dads tonight. I have been very dry on clomid and today I also had a "rush" of cm (sorry tmi) So I think if we hit gold it wouldve been today... My headache is thankfully feeling okay.
What age group kids do you work with? I looooove chatting on this blog ;)

Hey G!!! We went to cycle this morning (we fdo mountain biking) I had crazy insane pains on left side.... Crossed over uterus (felt like period pains) then moved to right ovary... Now I've got dull pain over whole of lower abdomen. We didn't BD last night but fitted on in this afternoon ;) We off to watch the rugby now and then staying over at my dads tonight. I have been very dry on clomid and today I also had a "rush" of cm (sorry tmi) So I think if we hit gold it wouldve been today... My headache is thankfully feeling okay.
What age group kids do you work with? I looooove chatting on this blog ;)

Hey, i feel you have actually ovulated today and since you guys BD yesterday so you are definitely on the safer sid. Hey great, enjoy your weekend. I work with 21-24 yrs old and research scholars above 24 yrs. It's the same Dyna I enjoy sharing our thoughts, joyous and sad moments here with you all. I fell in love with this thread that I stopped checking more. :D

I'm pretty sure I O'd today! Pain has been really consistent and hectic! Hehe!! I also stopped reading other threads... Most of the other threads actually just irritate me!! Gosh! Such drama queens!!! I'm glad we "found" eachother!! Have fun!! Chat soon soon!

hi ladies, I'm 'officially' 3 dpo. Yesterday evening til today I've had horrible pains in my left ovary. It feels like something is pulling on the ovary. I'm hunched over and in pain. The ovary has started to get sore. Sometimes my right one hurts when my left one is hurting but not as much. It took my 2 tylenols and almost an hour before I could get back to sleep. Yesterday morning I woke up w a sore throat, raspy voice, runny/stuffy nose... I thought I was getting a cold... is the ovary pain bc... of clomid? or am I getting ovarian cysts? am I ovulating?

I think you might be ovulating for I had the same symptoms of cramps and tinge of ovaries the doc said I am in the verge of ovulation:happydance:

it's weird that it'd be ovulation as my temp is higher than it has ever been at these days post-o. I hope I didn't ovulate more than once, haha.

lol, no! I'm on clomid/seraphene! More O could equal more babies! My DH would have a stroke!

Hi there,

I have PCOS and have been on metformin for 2 years. In July they up'd my dosage of metformin considerably (from 2000mg a day to 5100mg a day) which made my cycle shorter (from between 30-47 days down to 26days).

I had my first round of clomid (100mg) on CD2-6 and I did ovulate. However, I have done many pregnancy tests and all have been negative. I am up to day 52 of my cycle and I am concerned as my cycle hasn't been this long since before I started metformin. Does clomid make your cycle longer?

lol, no! I'm on clomid/seraphene! More O could equal more babies! My DH would have a stroke!

Ha ha ha....I wish god blesses us with all the wishes. If god blesses he blesses in double measures, I would love to have it:hugs:

Hi there,

I have PCOS and have been on metformin for 2 years. In July they up'd my dosage of metformin considerably (from 2000mg a day to 5100mg a day) which made my cycle shorter (from between 30-47 days down to 26days).

I had my first round of clomid (100mg) on CD2-6 and I did ovulate. However, I have done many pregnancy tests and all have been negative. I am up to day 52 of my cycle and I am concerned as my cycle hasn't been this long since before I started metformin. Does clomid make your cycle longer?

Hey Tezbee, that's a real long wait, and I know friends of mine getting a positive after two months, so keep fingers crossed. I am not sure if clomid makes. Cycles longer but I would advice you to check out a blood test.:flower:

I'm pretty sure I O'd today! Pain has been really consistent and hectic! Hehe!! I also stopped reading other threads... Most of the other threads actually just irritate me!! Gosh! Such drama queenIs!!! I'm glad we "found" eachother!! Have fun!! Chat soon soon!

hey Dyna, how was Rugby? Hope you had loads of fun and how are you today? Infact I grew tired with many threads and at the same time I am unable to connect myself to them. This is a place where I am comfortable in sharing my thoughts and clearing my doubts. We need to wait at least another one week to share the changes, whether our bodies are getting ready for a baby or for an AF.:wacko:

Hey Tezbee, that's a real long wait, and I know friends of mine getting a positive after two months, so keep fingers crossed. I am not sure if clomid makes. Cycles longer but I would advice you to check out a blood test.:flower:
Thanks for the reply Lovely Gina ... It has been worrying not really knowing what is going on. From what I have read from other peoples posts on different forums is that their cycles get shorter. I will go in and have a blood test anyhow.

hey Dyna, how was Rugby? Hope you had loads of fun and how are you today? Infact I grew tired with many threads and at the same time I am unable to connect myself to them. This is a place where I am comfortable in sharing my thoughts and clearing my doubts. We need to wait at least another one week to share the changes, whether our bodies are getting ready for a baby or for an AF.:wacko:[/QUOTE]

Rugby was AWESOME!!! :happydance: Soooooo much fun!!! South Africa beat Australia.

We stayed over at my dad last night and ended up sleeping on a couch and single bed so no BD :sex: We did yeasterday afternoon and will this afternoon.
Im worried that we wait till tonight and miss the eggie. Im pretty sure the pain and symptoms I had yesterday was O. Gina do u temp? It seems like terrible admin and dont want to become to obsessive either. :wacko:

How has your weekend been? and your work prep?

Thanks for the reply Lovely Gina ... It has been worrying not really knowing what is going on. From what I have read from other peoples posts on different forums is that their cycles get shorter. I will go in and have a blood test anyhow.

@ Tez....
Im only on CD 16 of my first round of clomid 50mg. So i dont know much yet :blush: BUT.... What i do know is the doc said I c=should take the pills CD 2-6...... go for progesterone bloods CD 21 to see if i O'd..... Then wait for AF.... If AF does not arrive CD 28 I should waight 10 days (till CD 38) and then make an appointment to see him. He says then either Im pregnant or we need to reassess treatment.

He advises to avoid early pregnancy test as many early miscarrages occur before the lady even knows shes pregnant, she thinks it AF and continues as normal without all the heartache.

Soooooooooooo seeing as you are soooooo far into your cycle i think its best to consult your doc :hugs:

Hope this helps?

Rugby was AWESOME!!! :happydance: Soooooo much fun!!! South Africa beat Australia.

We stayed over at my dad last night and ended up sleeping on a couch and single bed so no BD :sex: We did yeasterday afternoon and will this afternoon.
Im worried that we wait till tonight and miss the eggie. Im pretty sure the pain and symptoms I had yesterday was O. Gina do u temp? It seems like terrible admin and dont want to become to obsessive either. :wacko:

How has your weekend been? and your work prep?[/QUOTE]

@Dyna, Gus you enjoyed Rugby and congrats for south Africa winning over Australia. Now we have a cricket match running between south Africa and Australia, and my DH is stuck to the T.V. All these days in U.S we missed the live cricket matches, so he is utilizing the opportunity as far as possible. Dyna I haven't maintained temp any time for I normally soot understand the calculations. Today is supposed to be my 15th day, so had it early in the morning and the doc had given me a progesterone to be taken from tomo for 12 days and she schedule a scan for the 15th if my AF has not turned up. If I get my AF than I have to see her the same day. My work is going as usual I haven't even prepared 25 percent of what I need to teach tomo. The moment I open my ipad to prepare for the class I browse these websites for more info on clomid and stuff. I have already gone obsessed with this, and I think have to get rid of it and start preparing for the class.
:wacko:

@Tezbee, Gud luck dear and we wait here to hear some good news from your side. :thumbup:

@ Tez....
Im only on CD 16 of my first round of clomid 50mg. So i dont know much yet :blush: BUT.... What i do know is the doc said I c=should take the pills CD 2-6...... go for progesterone bloods CD 21 to see if i O'd..... Then wait for AF.... If AF does not arrive CD 28 I should waight 10 days (till CD 38) and then make an appointment to see him. He says then either Im pregnant or we need to reassess treatment.

He advises to avoid early pregnancy test as many early miscarrages occur before the lady even knows shes pregnant, she thinks it AF and continues as normal without all the heartache.

Soooooooooooo seeing as you are soooooo far into your cycle i think its best to consult your doc :hugs:

Hope this helps?

@dyna, that's true in real sense that sometime we might conceive and even before realizing we lose it. So it's always better to wait for some time and test . I like the way your doc is running your schedule:winkwink:

@tezbee please get it checked as early asp swivel for you have waited enough.

@ Tez....

Hope this helps?

@dyna, that's true in real sense that sometime we might conceive and even before realizing we lose it. So it's always better to wait for some time and test . I like the way your doc is running your schedule:winkwink:

@tezbee please get it checked as early asp swivel for you have waited enough.

GOSH!!!!! Ive also got LOADS of work to do for tomorrow!!! Lets be good girls get to our work and then chat later on..... then weve done our work and we can chat guilt free.......:hugs: Later....

tezbee - as your cycle is this long and your HPTs are negative, I suspect you haven't O'd yet, or you've O'd late. do you temp?
Some ladies on here say that clomid shortens cycles. My cycles vary from 27-36 days and my first clomid/seraphene cycle, was 29 days. Maybe it shortens, idk.

the reason clomid is thought to "shorten" is because if you ov very late in your cycle and then clomid forces you to ov earlier your LP should stay the same...essentially you would lose all the days you would have been waiting for O to happen if that makes sense. it is pretty common for ladies who have really long cycles to have shorter ones with clomid. when i took it for the first time last year in nov. my average cycle was 44 days. my clomid cycle was 28 days because i ov'd on cd14 rather than cd30 (when i did ov :wacko: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->