The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

hi all- this is my first month taking clomid. my RE prescribed me 100mg of clomid from CD 3-7. I went in yesterday (CD 10) and it showed that i have a few eggs there.. they told me to take OPK's and BD every other day... but my lining is thin, I think they said at 4... When I asked about this they gave me estrogen pills to insert "up there" (very weird) 2mg twice a day to build up the lining. So just wanted to know if anyone else had this thin lining issue and if the estrogen helped with it.

Also does BDing every other day more beneficial than doing it every day?

Hi Justwantababy, that is great you are getting all that tracking and trigger shot and I see you are bsed in the UK so I wonder if it's just some places in this country that don't offer that. I'm pretty sure a few years back I asked about the injections if Clomid didn't work on it's own and I was told injectables and trigger shots were no longer done. I hope this isn't the case any more just in case.

I'm up in Edinburgh and that's what he said. Since then tho I've tried to find more info and they don't seem to be that common. Also,everyone on injectables seems to be on IUI. I know it sounds stupid but I hate the idea of that....I always hoped the docs would get me ovulating then me and my oh would do the rest 'naturally'.

What were you told the next step would be after clomid, if you weren't responding?

hi all- this is my first month taking clomid. my RE prescribed me 100mg of clomid from CD 3-7. I went in yesterday (CD 10) and it showed that i have a few eggs there.. they told me to take OPK's and BD every other day... but my lining is thin, I think they said at 4... When I asked about this they gave me estrogen pills to insert "up there" (very weird) 2mg twice a day to build up the lining. So just wanted to know if anyone else had this thin lining issue and if the estrogen helped with it.

Also does BDing every other day more beneficial than doing it every day?

Hi hon, I've not heard about that for a thin lining, but I know it's estrogen that thickens your lining, so it makes sense.

As for the bd'ing..some people say that the quality/quantity of sperm is affected if you BD every day. Every other day allows for the reserves to be built back up in between. Plus, bd'ing every day for a long period is tiring!! And in the right environment (ie you when u r fertile) sperm survive for 3-5 days in you. We try and make sure we bd every other day, but if we both were in the mood I wouldn't put a stop to it cos we'd already done it the day before.

Good luck!

Hi Girls,

Not posed in this thread yet - I started my first month of Clomid. Been having no periods since last Dec and before that had long cycles. So don't think I have been ovulating. Anyway started at 50mg and went for a scan on day 11 of my cycle and the nurse said that there was a mature follicle there and in the next day or 2 it would release. She then said so have plenty of intercourse in next few days. This did all match up with good signs from my cervical mucus. I think I actually ovulated within those days after the scan, as then my mucus dried up and cervix became hard and closed.

I then have to go for 21 day blood test (and the nurse said she thinks going to show I ovulated) anyway I am on day 19 of my cycle today and have my blood test booked tomorrow, but today started bleeding a little. I only noticed it as went to feel my cervix. Its not enough for a pad but when I put tissue up there is red - is this af on her way? So confused as surely too early to get a period. Have any of you had spotting or early bleeding on clomid.

Sorry for the rant - just a pain not know what is going on.

xxx

Welcome csmith :wave:

I haven't had this but then I haven't ovulated on clomid. The optimist in me would like to say it could be implantation bleeding...but I don't know, sorry. Good luck hon xx

Hey justwantababy,

Thanks for your reply. Well af seems to be here in full flow now. Suppose grateful that had a period after not having one for months, so least I can start on round 2 : ) - So if I only started spotting this afternoon and just started heavy flow this evening what day would you count as day 1? As I take my clomid from day 2.

Sorry to hear you not been ovulating, how many rounds have you done yet and what strength you on?

xxx

Hey justwantababy,

Thanks for your reply. Well af seems to be here in full flow now. Suppose grateful that had a period after not having one for months, so least I can start on round 2 : ) - So if I only started spotting this afternoon and just started heavy flow this evening what day would you count as day 1? As I take my clomid from day 2.

xxx

You would be CD1 today. Start taking your Clomid tomm!!! GL this round!! :dust:

OMG ladies what the HELL is going on! I took my last 50mg pill on Monday and tonight I just noticed I'm starting AF - WTF!! This is not right. My doc told me to take it for 5 days from last Thurs with no induction with Provera, he said it would be fine. This isn't right surely, I have NEVER heard of this ever happening. Help!

daopdesign ~ I wonder if it could be break thru bleeding due to decreased estrogen or increased progesterone?? If it gets worse I'd call your doctor.

Have any of you ladies had pain in your ovary area while taking Clomid.. I am either 2DPO or 10DPO (look at my chart) and Tues I had bad pain in my pelvic region, now it has localized in my right ovary area and is getting worse!! :cry: It is painful all the time, worse when I am moving/bending or having a BM (TMI sorry)

Just done 10 mins of research and I found this:

1. Spotting around the time of ovulation is due to the lining having thickened up, but progesterone not yet being at its peak to hold it as secure as later in the cycle.

The cervix opens up wide at the time of ovulation too, so any accumulated blood can be released out easily.

In any case, as long as it is only spotting and only at the time of ovulation, it is not a problem.

2. Bleeding during ovulation or ovulation bleeding is defined as the mild bleeding or spotting occurring at around the time of ovulation. In most women, the bleeding occurs approximately 14-16 days after the last menstruation in a normal 28 day cycle. This bleeding is due to the fall of the hormone, progesterone.
Bleeding during ovulation may sometimes be confused with menstrual flow. Listed below are the defining characteristics of ovulation bleeding:

The color varies from pink to red, is light, and lasts for 1-2 days.
It can be accompanied by pain on the lower abdomen, or on the site of ovulation. This pain is called mittelschmerz which lasts for about a day or so.

What then, are the causes of bleeding during ovulation? The exact cause of ovulation bleeding is not clear and is simply attributed to the emerging follicles that mature and burst. These are some probable causes for this bleeding:

It may be a result of temporary withdrawal of estrogen at the time of ovulation which causes the endometrium to become thinner.
Bleeding may come from the cervix, which have glands that proliferate.
Others say that the bleeding comes from the ovary of the women in preparation for ovulation.
Aside from the above mentioned, there are also other direct causes of ovulation bleeding, these are:
Oral contraceptives
Threatened abortion
Intra-uterine contraceptive device
Hormones such as thyroid and insulin hormone deviations
Medical conditions such as cervical polyps, cervical infection, ovarian cysts, or cancer, among others

As soon as the woman understands that bleeding during ovulation time is normal, it can actually be of good use. Normally, bleeding lasts for 1-2 days, which then signals that ovulation is about to happen. As ovulation draws near, is definitely a good sign that the woman is at her most fertile stage, thus a viable time for conception. Along with ovulation bleeding, signs of ovulation include: increased cervical mucus, cramping, and breast tenderness.
In any case, so long as the woman experiences ovulation bleeding at the time of ovulation, it poses no problem. But if the woman has irregular bleeding that is quite heavy, it is important that you go see a doctor immediately as to rule out any medical problem that may be of danger to the woman and her reproductive well-being.

I am due to ovulate from Saturday until next week so I'll see how it goes, if it does last only 1-2 days but I'm gonna have to call my doc in the morn as this has never happened before! Knowing my luck it'll be a full AF and that's me out for another month! BAH!

OK an UPDATE! I panicked when I saw this fresh red blood and used a tampon (apologies if this is too much info) 1 hour later I just removed it and it is half clear with a little blood that is red and brown so I'm thinking this is maybe just my bodys way of expelling anything it doesn't need ready for ovulation.

Thank god it looks like it will come to an end sharply. I will still contact my doc but how weird, never did I think I'd have this I was litrally just waiting (hopefully!) to ovulate. FX!

Hi csmith. This will be my 3rd round...I've done one@50mg, one@100mg and this will be 150mg. If I don't respond tho I'm kind of glad they'll put me on injectables so soon, rather than persevering with something that doesn't work for my body. But fingers crossed I'll get it this cycle and it won't come to that!

Did you take your first clomid pill yet? xx

Hi csmith. This will be my 3rd round...I've done one@50mg, one@100mg and this will be 150mg. If I don't respond tho I'm kind of glad they'll put me on injectables so soon, rather than persevering with something that doesn't work for my body. But fingers crossed I'll get it this cycle and it won't come to that!

Did you take your first clomid pill yet? xx

Got everything crossed for you this cycle. Hope it works for you. How far are you into cycle 3?

I going to take my tablet tonight - find less side effects taking it at night time - but am counting today as day 2.

Fingers crossed for both of us this cycle xxx

hiya girls i am new to this thread, i did soy last cycle and ovulated late, so been off to see doc and he has given my Clomid for CD2-6 100mg, just wondering some input on these days if any ladies have had their BFP?

and also has anyone gotten twins on clomid if so what days were taking it and how much?

Hi tinks! I am on 100mg days 2-6 this time, I am praying it works and I would love twins! Good luck :)

Been at the hospital today as the bleeding became full flow and they think this is the 'natural' period I was supposed to get but why my gyno started me on Clomid without a bleed last week I have no idea. They have told me to start a new course of 50mg from days 3-7!

Can I join this thread? I started on 5 mg of Clomid days 2-6 - today is the first day. I have had intermitent quite bad cramps this afternoon. fx it works

welcome Nibeley!! I will be starting mine tomorrow so we'll be pretty close!

Second round of clomid worked! I never even had EWCM or a positive OPK this cycle. Used Preseed. Sticky bean please! Good luck to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->