The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

I have a question! Me me me me me! lol

This is my second cycle of 100 mg Clomid, taken CD4-8. The first cycle I O'd on CD17. Today I'm on CD...22? And there's still no clear sign of ovulation! My cervix did go high and soft, but my bbt chart is wacky.

The first cycle I took clomid at night, this cycle I took it in the morning right after I got up. I would get hot flashes about 24 hrs after I would take it, so it messed up my bbt for CDs5-9. Also, I wasn't sleeping through the night before CD18, so I took a benadryl on CD18 to help my body stay asleep. This could've contributed to the dip on the morning of CD19.

Has anyone ovulated/responded to clomid on one cycle, then not ovulated on the same dose in a subsequent cycle? This is driving me nuts!

yes i have ovulated on dose 100mg, so doc kept me on that same dose and then the next cycle i didnt.. i dont understand that at all, so we have moved on to 150mg this cycle and i will find out if I ovulated on Sept 16th.. doc is also checking my thyroid levels.. im currently on CD14 and hope to Ovulate around CD 18-19, im getting negatives on my opk's so far.. so fx for me and you that clomid will work for us

Hi! My name is Laine! Wondering of anyone knows if the dr will just prescribe clomid if you haven't conceived in 18 months or if they only prescribe it to Ov? I know I Ov and I'm thinking about calling my dr and asking her to put me on clomid. Any suggestions?

Hey Laine! I have heard of some docs doing that....but if you know you ovulate I don't understand why. Would it not be more beneficial to look into why you haven't conceived yet - or have you already had other tests? Otherwise it seems to me like taking an antihistamine to treat a headache. Good luck xx

:hi: ladies i am due to go the dr about not ovulating, will they have to do tests before giving me clomid? I Have Pcos so cycles are pretty bad at min

xx

:hi: girls could you have a look at my opks and see if there getting lighter i have done a hpt no line on it dont no what to think x x x

Attachments

• Photo-0288.jpg
    Photo-0288.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo-0290.jpg
    Photo-0290.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 3
I have a question! Me me me me me! lol

This is my second cycle of 100 mg Clomid, taken CD4-8. The first cycle I O'd on CD17. Today I'm on CD...22? And there's still no clear sign of ovulation! My cervix did go high and soft, but my bbt chart is wacky.

The first cycle I took clomid at night, this cycle I took it in the morning right after I got up. I would get hot flashes about 24 hrs after I would take it, so it messed up my bbt for CDs5-9. Also, I wasn't sleeping through the night before CD18, so I took a benadryl on CD18 to help my body stay asleep. This could've contributed to the dip on the morning of CD19.

Has anyone ovulated/responded to clomid on one cycle, then not ovulated on the same dose in a subsequent cycle? This is driving me nuts!

Hello!

I am on my third cycle of Clomid at 100mg and I can't help thinking my body is getting 'used' to it in some way - I ovulated cd18 cycle 1, cd 21 cycle 2 and it's cd22 today and I still haven't! Have had some EWCM and ovary pain though so hopefully it's not too far off.

I ovulate on my own but late (cd25+) and have a short LP. The day I ovulated on cd18 (earliest ever!) I had my longest ever LP (12 days!) but last cycle I only got 9 days.

If no BFP this cycle I'm doing a natural one then three more rounds - quite tempted to ask the Doctor to increase the dose to 150mg but think that might be a bit heavy-handed!

x
Thanks! I'm glad to hear it's not just me, though I wish they would've told us this kind of stuff could happen! I naively though if it worked once, it would work again!

Is your doctor monitoring you for cysts or anything? My doctor isn't... Could cysts prevent ovulation?

EJPerkins said:
yes i have ovulated on dose 100mg, so doc kept me on that same dose and then the next cycle i didnt.. i dont understand that at all, so we have moved on to 150mg this cycle and i will find out if I ovulated on Sept 16th.. doc is also checking my thyroid levels.. im currently on CD14 and hope to Ovulate around CD 18-19, im getting negatives on my opk's so far.. so fx for me and you that clomid will work for us

Thanks for your response! Please let me know if upping your dose helped! They checked my thyroid levels in July when my doctor did a bunch of bloodwork before I went on the clomid... everything looks good! Is your doctor monitoring you for cysts or anything on the clomid?

:hi: ladies i am due to go the dr about not ovulating, will they have to do tests before giving me clomid? I Have Pcos so cycles are pretty bad at min

xx

When I went to the doc to get my clomid they did blood work and ultrasounds before he would write me a prescription.. GL to you on your Clomid journey!! :flower:

Pink mum- I'm fine thank u :) how are you?? X

Thanks Daopdesign - I didn't think it was likely to happen first round anyway as not had periods for so long, think my body kind of needed one. Haven't really thought about it too much this month, and just taking it as it comes.

Awww you must have been so glad to finally have your baby boy and really sorry to hear about your lil angel - I am sure you miss him everyday : (

Still got our fingers crossed for both of us this month - be good to stay in touch as on the same cycle days.

I am currently cd8 today (finished taking tablets on Tuesday) and got what I think is ovulation pains as having twinges in both ovaries, surely this is early or can it be them preparing the follicle? When abouts are you going to start bed too?

xx

wow ovulation pain already! Sounds like a good sign :)

Well my AF stopped on Tuesday and I've noticed nothing but wet cm which hopefully will move on to the more fertile stuff as I approach ov (hopefully!). To be honest I'm not holding out too much hope on 50mg but we'll see. Doc told me to take 50mg first 2 months and if I don't ovulate then take 100mg on the 3rd month before I go back and see him.

Only thing is though I only have 10 pills left (due to doing 2 rounds in one month as you know) so I'm thinking I will just do 100mg next month if I don't ovulate! Might aswell if 50mg doesn't do the trick I hear the dosage has alot to do with your weight aswell, thinner woman seem to respond on 50mg whilst those in the middle like me probably do better on a higher dose. I have no idea how true that is but it kinda makes sense don't you think.

It makes sense but I'm quite slim (8 stone) and I failed on 50mg and 100mg but don't knw hw true that is as that's what the nurse said but thn my fs said I reap DES o clomid so god knows!
I hope you ovulate and don't need another round though Hun xx

that does make since.. But I am quite slim too, and my doctor skipped 50mg and put be straight to 100mg. So who knows:shrug:

Hi! My name is Laine! Wondering of anyone knows if the dr will just prescribe clomid if you haven't conceived in 18 months or if they only prescribe it to Ov? I know I Ov and I'm thinking about calling my dr and asking her to put me on clomid. Any suggestions?

Hi! Just wanted to mention that I do ovulate, but my doctor put me on clomid bc of low progesterone levels. first round helped, but no bfp. Good luck to you.

my doc just tested my progestrone before putting me on Clomid and metformin.. we did an ultrasound to confirm the cysts and i only have like 6-7 on each that they could see.. and i havent had one since then so i dont know if they have gotten worse or better, i have since switched doc's and i am on my last round of clomid then they are gonna do more tests.. i don't knoe why they didnt do the tests first but any who, i don't think clomid is for me i need something stronger or use progestrone supp. gonna ask the doc after this round if that is a possiblity, i will let everyone know about my tests next wk :dust:

Hi! Just wanted to mention that I do ovulate, but my doctor put me on clomid bc of low progesterone levels. first round helped, but no bfp. Good luck to you.

what was your level? ive only got as high as 7 on one of my cycles?

:hi: girls could you have a look at my opks and see if there getting lighter i have done a hpt no line on it dont no what to think x x x

Hi hun sorry I can't see them too well on my phone. Looks like they got lighter but are going back darker?? Don't know what that could mean. I don't use OPKs so probs not the best person to ask....sorry!

I don't know any of my levels. They just told me everything was normal. Hubby is in the normal range for his SA. Its just been so long. RE wants to start IUIs but I really wish we could try something a little more natural and less expensive first bc we have gotten preg on our own twice before. I'm jay frustrated and wish I knew something that would help.

YAY! I'm so glad I stumbled on this thread :)

I'm about to take Clomid soon (when AF decides to show lol). Dr gave me a script for 50mg days 5-9. I thought I'd do 3 rounds while TRYING to get BMI down. I have the worse case of PCOS ever :( So If I don't ovulate at all during that time, I'll start Clomid with Metformin :) See how It goes :) I do have a question though (it might sound silly)...

If I take Clomid on my next cycle and I don't ovulate or I do but AF doesn't come for another 3 months, do I have to wait 3 months to start 2nd round or...? I know it seems like a stupid question but I have actually read on another forum that you can take it even if AF doesn't arrive. I don't want to resort to provera though o_O

I don't know any of my levels. They just told me everything was normal. Hubby is in the normal range for his SA. Its just been so long. RE wants to start IUIs but I really wish we could try something a little more natural and less expensive first bc we have gotten preg on our own twice before. I'm jay frustrated and wish I knew something that would help.

My last level was 6.29 on CD23. Too low! Then I took first round of clomid, 50mg on CD3-7. My CD23 progesterone was 23.49! I was soo excited and thought "yay, I might be able to sustain a pregnancy with this level". NOT!! I was sooo frustrated last month after getting AF. So, I have now done round 2 of clomid and I am currenlty waiting to ovulate. Should be anyday now. Frustrating thing is, my doc didnt want ANY bloodwork this cycle. WTF!?! How am I supposed to know if I ovulated, if I ovulated strong enough, or if there is any chance of sustaining a pregnancy! I am going in to see my RE on the 22nd "just to talk".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->