The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

thank you pink, you too. x

girls, I just went over to the ltttc section as was having a look round and thinking of taking part over there aswell as it has been a rocky road and we have been at this ttc for a long time now, BUT I came accross this thread completely bashing us titled "Ugh . . . the regular ttc forum" Lets just say I don't feel like there would be much of a welcome from those people commenting in it saying stuff like "they are so happily ignorant" and " I really wish I could be that ignorant and naive sometimes Lol"

I couldn't believe what I was reading! I think they are just a minority over there and I am sure alot of the other ladies are lovely as it has had quite a few views bjt only a few comments

Hope everyone is well xx

OMG. How bitter can you get in one thread! One ladies had 6 FAILED Clomid attempts, hmmm I conceived my son after 6 rounds and he's nearly 2. One thing I've learnt with all this TTC (and yes it has nearly been 10 years and still only one child) is NEVER to give up hope. The body has a built in mechanicsm to prevent fertility if a body is overstressed or enviromental surroundings are not ideal. Sounds mad but I think it's true. But again, these things take time and that's why a baby is cherished so much :)

My m/c at 16 weeks this year came totally out of the blue what with needing Clomid for my son but funny how I'd joined the gym and was not even actively trying because I thought it was impossible to conceive without it!

OK, yes there is a percentage of woman who have more severe problems but stating that us in the ttc have our heads in the clouds. Don't think so. Don't lose hope, those that do are the ones who end up misrable.

yeah I know turtle, was thinking they are prob in a minority like you say just a few of them, how are you?

Yeah, bad apples are far and few between on bnb. Its why I like it here. I'm in limbo. I have nooo clue where I am in my cycle. I had + hcg tests early this week and now nothing. Going in tomorrow for beta blood work. Oddly my cp is high and somewhat soft n my cm is lotiony so it feels like I'm gonna O again. My body is re*tarded and seriously does what it wants to. My thryoid is happy now tho, so fx things get better.

If I was coming on here and reading severe negativity I wouldn't bother! I enjoy catching up on everybody's progress if it's bad or good, I'm not alone :) I have never seen them on here so I have no idea what their situation is, thank ourselves lucky lol

well I better keep my lips sealed because I have been given an 'infraction' on voicing my opionion, yet it's OK for people in ltttc to slate us? democracy. bah.

I think that those threads just pop up sometimes in certain sections. I guess it's understandable that people would get frustrated by what others say, TTC is just so stressful! But for the most part everyone on here is great.

Scerena, she started me with 50mg, and if I don't O by the 29th then I have to get another blood test, and next cycle she'll try 100mg.

Congrats on the O lilly!

does anyone know if clomid can make your nipples VERY sore after O? I have had had tender bbs before, but OUCH this is by far the worst!

I'm sorry, I have no idea. This is my first cycle on Clomid.

I have a question for anyone who's been through a Clomid cycle though. I took my first pill of my first round last night. All day I've been thinking things smell like vomit. Has anyone experienced smell sensitivity while taking Clomid?:flower:

was going to take part in this group since i started my clomid today after 3 years trying..but apparently should head back to LTTTC. its pretty hateful to talk bad about other people when we are supposed to be supporting each other. the entire point of LTttc is so that people who feel exactly that way dont have to worry about people being offended when they just need to say something..to just get it out. personally, i would much prefer to moan, cry and fuss about how frustrated i am after all this time in LTTTC where i dont feel like im bringing down some of the 1-2 monther's over here. some of them are nieve, and believe that this journey will be easy..and it is really really hard not to be negative toward them when they are crying and moaning about how "long" they have tried. it isnt my place to bring those people down...and it shouldnt matter to anyone what someone else says in another forum on here...dont post on their thread if you dont like it instead of berating that person to a bunch of other people in a different threat.

yeah I know turtle, was thinking they are prob in a minority like you say just a few of them, how are you?

Yeah, bad apples are far and few between on bnb. Its why I like it here. I'm in limbo. I have nooo clue where I am in my cycle. I had + hcg tests early this week and now nothing. Going in tomorrow for beta blood work. Oddly my cp is high and somewhat soft n my cm is lotiony so it feels like I'm gonna O again. My body is re*tarded and seriously does what it wants to. My thryoid is happy now tho, so fx things get better.

Glad your thyroid is fixed, it plays an important role in ttc, good luck for your bloodwork and keep us updated :)

Hi ladies I took my first ever clomid tablet last night. I am so excited to finally be able to start it but I am a bit apprehensive at the same time. I've to take 50mg day 2 - 6. On day 10 I've to get an internal scan then again 4 days later (I think it would've been sooner had the Monday not been a public holiday) they said they'll keep scanning until they think I've ovulated.

Has anyone else had this done with the scans? How accurate are they?

Hi ladies I took my first ever clomid tablet last night. I am so excited to finally be able to start it but I am a bit apprehensive at the same time. I've to take 50mg day 2 - 6. On day 10 I've to get an internal scan then again 4 days later (I think it would've been sooner had the Monday not been a public holiday) they said they'll keep scanning until they think I've ovulated.

Hi hun :wave:

Are you going to the ERI by any chance? I'm in Edinburgh and on my 3rd round of clomid. I had some scans towards the end of my last cycle, but this will be my first full scan-monitored cycle :happydance:

The scans are pretty accurate I think. They'll be able to tell you how many follicles have matured, and keep a check on the size of the dominant follicle. Clever stuff!

Forum rules and TOS:

Continuing locked or removed threads elsewhere on the forum is not permitted. If a thread has been moderated, it is with good reason. Posts questioning or complaining about such actions will either be removed or closed.

If discussion of the thread (that has already been closed and dealt with) continues this thread will get shut down as well.

I'm sorry, I have no idea. This is my first cycle on Clomid.

I have a question for anyone who's been through a Clomid cycle though. I took my first pill of my first round last night. All day I've been thinking things smell like vomit. Has anyone experienced smell sensitivity while taking Clomid?:flower:

I haven't noticed things not smelling good but I have noticed that some things I normally like to eat don't taste good and I avoid them till closer to the end of the cycle. Somewhere around the TWW time I start wanting the opposite foods that I wanted in the beginning. Strange huh?

Forum rules and TOS:

Continuing locked or removed threads elsewhere on the forum is not permitted. If a thread has been moderated, it is with good reason. Posts questioning or complaining about such actions will either be removed or closed.

If discussion of the thread (that has already been closed and dealt with) continues this thread will get shut down as well.

The last post about that thread was from someone else who just came along to our thread and wanted to post about it. She isn't even active on this thread, she just popped in once. Please don't give us a second strike for that!:flower:

Thanks Daopdesign - I didn't think it was likely to happen first round anyway as not had periods for so long, think my body kind of needed one. Haven't really thought about it too much this month, and just taking it as it comes.

Awww you must have been so glad to finally have your baby boy and really sorry to hear about your lil angel - I am sure you miss him everyday : (

Still got our fingers crossed for both of us this month - be good to stay in touch as on the same cycle days.

I am currently cd8 today (finished taking tablets on Tuesday) and got what I think is ovulation pains as having twinges in both ovaries, surely this is early or can it be them preparing the follicle? When abouts are you going to start bed too?

xx

wow ovulation pain already! Sounds like a good sign :)

Well my AF stopped on Tuesday and I've noticed nothing but wet cm which hopefully will move on to the more fertile stuff as I approach ov (hopefully!). To be honest I'm not holding out too much hope on 50mg but we'll see. Doc told me to take 50mg first 2 months and if I don't ovulate then take 100mg on the 3rd month before I go back and see him.

Only thing is though I only have 10 pills left (due to doing 2 rounds in one month as you know) so I'm thinking I will just do 100mg next month if I don't ovulate! Might aswell if 50mg doesn't do the trick I hear the dosage has alot to do with your weight aswell, thinner woman seem to respond on 50mg whilst those in the middle like me probably do better on a higher dose. I have no idea how true that is but it kinda makes sense don't you think.

Will keep my fingers crossed that you ovulate this month on the 50mg - I agree and would also take the 100mg next month if this month doesn't work - like you said you almost wasted 2 lots in one month anyway.

All this waiting does my head in lol - although tried not to focus too much on it this month and as had lots of other stuff going on, not making it be too much in my mind so may do the trick. xx

Yup I know exactly what you mean but I'm just trying to take it easy, what's the point in getting all worked up, if anything that is not good whilst ttc. I guess your CD12 today :D, this is a really easy one for us because our cycle began 1st Sep!

Are you testing your surge with opk's? I'm gonna start testing today I reckon, fx!

Hey - how are you getting on? I am 17dpo today, last 3/4 days had such stabbing pains in ovaries, sore boobs and bad heartburn. Hoping this is a sign of ovulation. I haven't tested with opk this month so trying to go on cm and cervix (which is high, soft and open atm) I have to go for 21 day bloods nest Wednesday.

How have you been getting on - any signs of ovulation for you? xxxx

Hi hun :wave:

Are you going to the ERI by any chance? I'm in Edinburgh and on my 3rd round of clomid. I had some scans towards the end of my last cycle, but this will be my first full scan-monitored cycle :happydance:

The scans are pretty accurate I think. They'll be able to tell you how many follicles have matured, and keep a check on the size of the dominant follicle. Clever stuff!

No I'm Monklands in Airdrie been feeling really dizzy and sick for the last couple of hours don't know if its a side effect lol

Thanks Daopdesign - I didn't think it was likely to happen first round anyway as not had periods for so long, think my body kind of needed one. Haven't really thought about it too much this month, and just taking it as it comes.

Awww you must have been so glad to finally have your baby boy and really sorry to hear about your lil angel - I am sure you miss him everyday : (

Still got our fingers crossed for both of us this month - be good to stay in touch as on the same cycle days.

I am currently cd8 today (finished taking tablets on Tuesday) and got what I think is ovulation pains as having twinges in both ovaries, surely this is early or can it be them preparing the follicle? When abouts are you going to start bed too?

xx

wow ovulation pain already! Sounds like a good sign :)

Well my AF stopped on Tuesday and I've noticed nothing but wet cm which hopefully will move on to the more fertile stuff as I approach ov (hopefully!). To be honest I'm not holding out too much hope on 50mg but we'll see. Doc told me to take 50mg first 2 months and if I don't ovulate then take 100mg on the 3rd month before I go back and see him.

Only thing is though I only have 10 pills left (due to doing 2 rounds in one month as you know) so I'm thinking I will just do 100mg next month if I don't ovulate! Might aswell if 50mg doesn't do the trick I hear the dosage has alot to do with your weight aswell, thinner woman seem to respond on 50mg whilst those in the middle like me probably do better on a higher dose. I have no idea how true that is but it kinda makes sense don't you think.

Will keep my fingers crossed that you ovulate this month on the 50mg - I agree and would also take the 100mg next month if this month doesn't work - like you said you almost wasted 2 lots in one month anyway.

All this waiting does my head in lol - although tried not to focus too much on it this month and as had lots of other stuff going on, not making it be too much in my mind so may do the trick. xx

Yup I know exactly what you mean but I'm just trying to take it easy, what's the point in getting all worked up, if anything that is not good whilst ttc. I guess your CD12 today :D, this is a really easy one for us because our cycle began 1st Sep!

Are you testing your surge with opk's? I'm gonna start testing today I reckon, fx!

Hey - how are you getting on? I am 17dpo today, last 3/4 days had such stabbing pains in ovaries, sore boobs and bad heartburn. Hoping this is a sign of ovulation. I haven't tested with opk this month so trying to go on cm and cervix (which is high, soft and open atm) I have to go for 21 day bloods nest Wednesday.

How have you been getting on - any signs of ovulation for you? xxxx

Hey hun I'm alright thankyou, had a wicked weekend away in Manchester to see Alan Carr, that guy is hilarious was a great night!

Not much really going on, I'm testing with opk's and according to them I havn't had my surge yet but I have noticed my cervix is high but no ewcm as yet. I dunno, I guess I will just have to wait and see.

You definately sound like you are in the peak range :happydance: I'm supposed to go for 21 day blood test to but I'm gonna wait until I think/know I ovulated. Best of luck fx for your bfp this month xx

Just tested with an opk (missed yesterday as I was away from home) and it's nearly positive. Checked also with cbd but that came out negative so maybe my peak will happen tonight or tomorrow or I guess I may have missed it but not worried as we b'd anyway!

Changed my ovulaton ticker to a 35 day cycle too as last time on Clomid they were always 35 days'ish. Fx I get a chance this month please!

update: looks like it's all happening today! Check out this gross but educational photo of my cm! This is beautiful baby making stuff! :happydance:

Attachments

• 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 7
Just tested with an opk (missed yesterday as I was away from home) and it's nearly positive. Checked also with cbd but that came out negative so maybe my peak will happen tonight or tomorrow or I guess I may have missed it but not worried as we b'd anyway!

Changed my ovulaton ticker to a 35 day cycle too as last time on Clomid they were always 35 days'ish. Fx I get a chance this month please!

update: looks like it's all happening today! Check out this gross but educational photo of my cm! This is beautiful baby making stuff! :happydance:

Glad you had a good weekend away hun - I love Alan Carr too - he fab.

Well think I def did ovulate as had high open cervix and lots cm and now cervix is low hard, closed and sticky cm - fingers crossed means I ovulated. I also am meant to have 21 day bloods on wed, think I am going to go for mine - will let you know when I have the results.

Yey that you have got cm and nearly positive on opk : ) - looking good for you that you too might ovulate this month - like you said you prob just have a slightly longer cycle. Will keep fingers and toes crossed for us both. xxxx

For those of you who want to know about Clomid side effects, mine have been so far....
CD5 No side effects
CD6 Bad ovarian pain (left ovary)
CD7 Bad hot flushes *and* Very, VERY emotional. In fact, I woke up this morning crying hysterically from a nightmare I had and last night I was questioning myself if I even wanted a child and thinking that I'd probably make a bad mum. I was crying to my husband all night about it. Which trust me.. is most definitely NOT me at all. I would never question myself :( In fact, I think I would make a damn fine mum :) My future children would be lucky :)
CD8 Can't say as yet because I've only taken the first 3 so far :)

Clomid, 50mg Days 5-9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->