The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

update from me!:wohoo:

Got my surge and smiley face on Wed so now I am offcially in the 2ww, that is if I did ovulate. The surge seemed to only last for one day as tests yesterday were neg so that's me done with poas for a bit! I had a huge amount of ewcm leading up to my surge but it kinda tailored off a day or 2 before. Last month when I didn't ovulate but got a surge I can't say I noticed any fertile cm so maybe this month on Clomid did work :thumbup:

Going for blood test next Thurs to check progestorone and if they confirm I didn't ov then I will be waiting for af and starting 100mg. Do you think I could go for the blood test a little earlier say on Tues which will be 6 days after my surge, that way I could get my results for next Friday?

So hope that you have ovulated this cycle : ) - not sure about going for bloods on Tues - I know that normally say about 7 days after you ovulate so you might be alright.

I am gutted as day 23 today and af has showed her head. Another early period. Last month day 18 and day 23 this month - so frustrating. And got no more clomid left and docs all closed until monday so going to have to miss this cycle - so upset and pissed off. What is wrong that having these so short cycles! Before clomid wasn't having periods, and before that had long cycles, now this is the other extreme. Sorry for the rant.

Have got my fingers crossed for you though xxxxxxx

Hi hun :flower: aww that is crap but why such an early AF, do you have a short luteal phase as you are supposed to get your period 11-14 days after ovulation? I would speak to your doctor on your next apt. When do you get the results of your blood test? xxx

Thanks daopdesign, I know so annoying that so short. Not ever sure when my luteral phase has been as like I said my cycles before were so long and not sure for def if was ovulating. I got to call on Monday for results and so will speak to the nurse then. Its through the hospital that I have been given the clomid so have to speak to them re stuff, as go to my normal gp and they will say to speak to hospital - so frustrating. Will have a natural cycle this month and see what happens. Will let you know what they say on monday though.

Have you decided on what day you want to go for blood test yet? Still got my fingers and toes crossed for you this month hun xxx

Hi CSmith :wave: I would call your doc on Monday and explain, and ask for a prescription. Lots of people take clomid cd5-9, so maybe do that? Seems such a shame to miss a cycle.

Also...have you thought of trying a B vitamin complex to try and lengthen your LP? It's worked for some women on here....

Good luck! xx

hey ya"ll, i havent been on here for awhile.. i got my blood test back on the 17th and it should i ovulated.. 15.2 i couldnt believe it..:happydance: i took a test last wed and it was negative i was only 8-9 dpo, so maybe to early.. AF is due either tom or monday so i think i will test one more time.. im not having the usually symptoms i get when i know shes coming, so maybe there is still hope..:shrug:

i hope everyone is doin great!!

Hello Ladies,
I'm on my first round of Clomid this cycle... currently taking the 10 days of progesterone to get AF to begin... then will be taking 50mg of Clomid CD3-7.... my dr says I will do 2 rounds and see how it goes... then she will re-evaluate and possibly get a semen analysis on my dh. If that comes back good then she will do a follicular series on me.
Hoping the Clomid works the first or second time... but don't want to get too excited.
Thanks for starting this thread!

Hi CSmith :wave: I would call your doc on Monday and explain, and ask for a prescription. Lots of people take clomid cd5-9, so maybe do that? Seems such a shame to miss a cycle.

Also...have you thought of trying a B vitamin complex to try and lengthen your LP? It's worked for some women on here....

Good luck! xx

Hi :hi:yeah I did think that starting it on other days. Will call first thing in the morning and see what they say, like you said would be gutted to miss a month.

Funny you should say that about the vit B complex - started taking that yesterday - so hoping that should lengthen my LP - fingers crossed.

Will let you all know how get on at docs tomorrow. xxx

I'm going for the blood test next Thursday, that should be exactly one week and one day since getting my surge. I am kinda in the mind set of waiting for AF to start another month as last month when I didn't ovulate but got a surge I had a sore chest for a few days after I thought I'd ov. And this time around notthing! Only noticed the pre-ov cm again.

congrats EJPerkins! I would say leave it a few days yet, 8-9 dpo is still very very early, FX for you hun x

Wouldn't it be awesum if there was some conception test invented which would show if it happened just after ov!

Hi ladies, I'm new to this thread. I'm hoping to start clomid next month. Been diagnosed with PCOS after blood tests and scans.

Worried as my bmi is 26.3 so technically overweight. Has anyone else been prescribed it at this sort of bmi?

My periods had averaged out at 38 days but then this time round I'm now on cd62!?! Not sure what's happened there. Hoping for provera to get me started.

Aaargh ladies I'm so excited! I grew some follicles this month!! :happydance: My first ever (that I know about anyway!) Had an internal ultrasound on Thurs after 150mg clomid and had some good size follicles so they gave me an hcg trigger shot to release them. So hopefully we caught one! I'm a bit worried that my temp isn't as high as I'd have thought, but trying not to think too much of it.

So relieved that I've found a dose of clomid that seems to work....otherwise it was onto hormone injections, which I was a bit worried about.

Just back from a fantastic long weekend at the caravan weather and everything was brilliant. Didn't want to come home.

Had appointment on Friday morning scan showed 5 folicles on left ovary and 2 on right 3 of these were 1.2, 1.3 and 1.6 so I was advised not to :sex: over the weekend as it was high risk on multiples. I've to go back tomorrow for another scan to see if some of these have gone down although she said I might ovulate before then. They might reduce the dose of clomid to 25mg but I'll know more tomorrow. Been quite sore though around the pelvic area and also my BB's whenever DS has been climbing on me I have been in agony. Most of the time around the pelvic area has felt rather uncomfortable. Yesterday I had really water CM not really noticed much today

Hi all...

I'm new to all of these Forums but been watching for a while... I am about to start Clomid tomorrow for the first time.. Slightly worried about it all, and I would join so I knew people going through the same... Is anyone else starting soon?

I'm about 5 dpo and took a pregnancy test LOL! It's this stoopid poas addiction:dohh:

Of course it was BFN! I can't help myself!!!!:haha:

Omg. Does anyone else have trouble with insomnia while on clomid?! This was my second cycle using it. I didn't notice it last cycle, but my dosage has been increased to 100mg this cycle. I took my pills CD 3-7, and have had major insomnia days 7 and 8. I even called off work today because I was still wide awake at 6 AM.

Hi all :) This is my first time on a forum thingy! I have PCOS and very rarely have a period. Normally have a bleed once or twice a year.

Im on my first cycle of clomid this month. Took my first tablet (13 sept) day 2 through to day 5. Had internal scan day 10 and there was an 18mm follicle visible on my left ovary :)! Nurse seemed happy and said the follicle is likely to rupture within a few days. Now cycle day 14 and no sign of ovulation! Really worrying that i wont ov.. Have been using OPK's since 20 Sept, all of which have been negative. Read a few pages that say ovulation can be delayed whilst on clomid??

Back to hospital on the 28th for blood test, but not sure what i will find out?

Any advice would be great!
Thanks everyone :) X

loo20- Cycle one I ovulated on CD16 and cycle 2 I ovulated on CD19.. So just keep testing.. You don't want to miss that precious eggy!! GL!! :flower:

wantabby - thanks for the speedy reply! think i'm worrying too much. will keep an eye on them OPK's! :)

This is my first time on clomid :)
i am on 50mg taking it on cd 5-9. Took my first pill today! im so excited for this cycle.
Good Luck ladies!

I'm about 5 dpo and took a pregnancy test LOL! It's this stoopid poas addiction:dohh:

Of course it was BFN! I can't help myself!!!!:haha:

Ha! I know what you mean! My doc triggered ovulation this month with an hcg shot.....and a couple of days later there I was poas, looking at my very own (false) positive bfp! I know it's wrong but I just wanted to see those two lines!!

Hi all :) This is my first time on a forum thingy! I have PCOS and very rarely have a period. Normally have a bleed once or twice a year.

Im on my first cycle of clomid this month. Took my first tablet (13 sept) day 2 through to day 5. Had internal scan day 10 and there was an 18mm follicle visible on my left ovary :)! Nurse seemed happy and said the follicle is likely to rupture within a few days. Now cycle day 14 and no sign of ovulation! Really worrying that i wont ov.. Have been using OPK's since 20 Sept, all of which have been negative. Read a few pages that say ovulation can be delayed whilst on clomid??

Back to hospital on the 28th for blood test, but not sure what i will find out?

Any advice would be great!
Thanks everyone :) X

Hiya Loo, I'm 2 days behind you on round 1 I'm also day 2-6 took first pill on 15th Sept. I had scan on day 10 which showed 8 follicles in total 3 of which were quite large. I was advised not to have sex over the weekend as risk of multiples is too high although I have to admit we were rather naughty on Sat morning :blush:. I done OPK yesterday BFN and this morning BFP (OPK that is lol). I have another scan to get this afternoon to see whats happening. I have been up half the night with cramps and they are still there today also my nipples are sore which for me is a good sign last time I ovulated myself that happened too. I know when my friend was on clomid 2 years ago it gave her 5 week cycles so keep checking hopefully you'll find out more after you've had your bloods done.

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->