The Cloth Nappy & Wipes Review Thread

Weenotions wipes - Bamboo towelling and fleece

www.weentions.co.uk

Style

What more could you want than a wipe you can choose a design of yourself!!! I went for the fleece and bamboo towelling, they are a good size and sewn very well

10/10

Absorbency

Oh my I tried them before prewashing as I was desperate to try them after feeling them and wow wow wow. I feel like making all my other wipes redundant these are so good.

10/10

Ease of use.

Wet and go and they are a perfect size I only use 2 one to clean and one to dry.

10/10

Drying time.

Not dried them yet as they are on their first wash in the machine

Design

Plain and practical is what I went for but as with weenotions your imagination is the limit.

10/10

Value for money.

The ones I chose were £5.25 for 10 and well worth the money. They feel so luxurious compared to my other wipes

10/10

Overall marks out of 10

10/10

I haven't dried these yet but I have a feeling they will stay at a 10 i'd rate them even more, good six, texture just brilliant. In my opinion EVERYONE needs these wipes.

Anyone got a review for the Berry Plush? I am looking at getting one but would like to know if they are any good before I splash on one! :D

Anyone got a review for the Berry Plush? I am looking at getting one but would like to know if they are any good before I splash on one! :D

they are very similar (if not the same) as the Blueberry sidesnap (fit wise)... although they have the AI2 function of the itti's :)

im still planning to get on but keep buying other one's hahaha

I haven't read through all of this thread, so not sure if these have already been reviewed, but here goes:

Blueberry Mini Deluxe
This is a miniture Blueberry, that I bought when George was about 5-6wks, as all his other nappies were quite 'gappy' round the leg and I wanted one that wouldn't leak.
I have the cow print, which is just lush.
It has a PUL outer and fleece inner and comes with a microfibre & hemp insert.
It says it's suitable from Newborn to 15lbs, but I don't know that it will do George much past 12.5 lbs. I've never used it on the small setting.
I would give this nappy a 7/10 as it is gorgeous, fits smaller babies well, is very absorbent & would contain the most explosive of poo's.....but....it's an expensive way of doing things @ £11.99 each, the hemp insert takes forever to dry (although the actual nappy dries v quick, so could be used with another insert maybe??) and I don't think this would be suitable for bubbas with chunky legs, as the leg elastic would be too tight.
Overall, a great nappy, very cute and one to keep in the momento box ;)

Close Parent Pop-In
A revelation of a nappy in the Birth to Potty department as it fits chicken legs!! Yippee!!
I feel a bit gutted that I wasted my money on other types and didn't go straight for these. The double leg gusset means they have great containment, and I find the bamboo to be so absorbent (and George is a v heavy wetter!!)
They aren't the most exciting looking, but they are a workhorse of a nappy. It's just a shame that the lovely soft outer bobbles with time :(
There is a triple fold bamboo nighttime booster available, but for George I don't use it yet (he is only 11wks) and I find it too bulky, but I also don't need it!!
The bamboo inserts are very, very absorbent, but do take a long time to dry. However, they do make a 'Dream Dri' version which is microfibre, and by all accounts dries really quickly, so I'm thinking bamboo for nighttimes, and maybe microfibre during the day??

Anyhoo, a fantastic nappy, that really will see you throughfron birth to potty and will save you money.
I'd definitely say 9/10 and it's only not a ten, as it's such a shame the fabric bobbles and they aren't available in some funkier colours!!xxxx

Hi, can I join in, am using Bumgenius V3 all in one pocket nappy, find them great even at night, dry the inserts on the radiator, and the outer laid out on clothes horse. Use a pedal bin for them upstairs with a removable bucket to transfer to washing machine. Just bought plain white ones (am I boring???).

Weenotions wipes - Bamboo towelling and fleece

www.weentions.co.uk

Style

What more could you want than a wipe you can choose a design of yourself!!! I went for the fleece and bamboo towelling, they are a good size and sewn very well

10/10

Absorbency

Oh my I tried them before prewashing as I was desperate to try them after feeling them and wow wow wow. I feel like making all my other wipes redundant these are so good.

10/10

Ease of use.

Wet and go and they are a perfect size I only use 2 one to clean and one to dry.

10/10

Drying time.

Not dried them yet as they are on their first wash in the machine

Design

Plain and practical is what I went for but as with weenotions your imagination is the limit.

10/10

Value for money.

The ones I chose were £5.25 for 10 and well worth the money. They feel so luxurious compared to my other wipes

10/10

Overall marks out of 10

10/10

I haven't dried these yet but I have a feeling they will stay at a 10 i'd rate them even more, good six, texture just brilliant. In my opinion EVERYONE needs these wipes.

I agree, bought these on your recommendation and they're are FANTASTIC!!!

www.huggabuns.com

Style: Hugga buns pocket nappy.

Absorbancy: 0/10
The nappy just leaked everything all over the place!

Ease of use: 6/10
The nappy itself was very easy to use, you put the inserts in and then pop it on. I marked it down points only because the clean up afterward makes it not so easy to take off!

Drying time:
10/10
Really quick drying time and I doubt you could really expect it to dry much faster.

Design:
10/10
I know they just come in plain colors but in my opinion they are simple but very cute nappies.

Value for Money:
8/10
They don't cost as much as many brands of nappies out there so you can't complain too much about the price. I have seen them pre-loved on many sites for very little money at all.

Overall marks out of 10:
5/10
They are well priced, cute and dry fast but every time I have used it the pee and poop did not stay in the nappy for long (and I change them right away) so I could not give it a high mark. I do have to add that it is quite possible that the small nappy did not fit my newborn (born at 6lbs 14oz) and I gave in using it when he started to get bigger because it never failed to leak so it is possible that it was a sizing issue but I had to review it based on my experience.

www.naturebabies.co.uk

Style: One size pocket nappy.

Absorbancy: 9/10
I bought mine pre-loved and it did not come with original inserts so I can comment on absorbency so I am basing my mark on how well it kept everything in (even while using cheap inserts).

Ease of use: 8/10
A little fiddly to get the inserts in but fairly easy to use.

Drying time: 10/10
Once again, I bought mine pre-loved and it did not come with original inserts so I don't know what the drying time it like for them but the nappy itself is very fast drying.

Design: 6/10
They have a few different designs and they are nice enough but I would not go as far as saying they are cute.

Value for Money: 9/10
At £12.99 new they are not a bad price at all.

Overall marks out of 10:
8/10
I used this nappy at a point when all my cloth nappies and disposables were leaking and it kept daytime pee and poop in. They were bulkier on the smallest setting that you would think for a thin nappy and they could look cuter. I wish I had the inserts that came with it to give a more comprehensive view but I was using cheap inserts I already had and they worked well with the nappy.

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/naughtybaby2008?_rdc=1

Style: Naughty baby birth-to-potty pockets (2 inserts per nappy).

Absorbency: 9/10
Holds a few pee's and keeps poop in on daytime use.

Ease of use: 8/10
It takes a while to get the inserts in but other than that is easy to use. I tend to put the inserts in a few nappies at once in the morning so I don't have to faff about at nappy changing time. That said, my husband could not put one on without the poppers popping off, however I never had that problem.

Drying time: 5/10
The drying time is very slow.

Design: 7/10
They are colorful and not ugly but are basic looking.

Value for Money: 10/10
These are very cheap nappies and they do what you would expect a nappy to do so I doubt you can get better value for money. These are also within about any body's budget brand new!

Overall marks out of 10: 7/10
I would recommend these 100% to people looking for cheap nappies as they are cheap but are fairly nice looking (and you have 9 colors to pick from) and they do seem to do the job well. Issues I can say they have are that they do shrink a bit even after just the pre-wash so probably would not last until the potty size and 2 out or 12 of the nappies I got had slightly dodgy poppers (oddly the 2 green nappies I got).

Green Kids Funtimes
https://www.nappyzone.co.uk/greenkids.htm

Style: Sized Pocket Nappy

Absorbency: I use with Blueberry inserts so can't really comment on their absorbency

Ease of use: 10/10
Couldn't really be easier, put insert in using back opening, then put on.

Drying time: Can't comment as currently in wash. Will edit to update when dry.

Design: 10/10
Lots of funky prints with plenty of choice for boys and girls. Aplix fastening which can also crossover so good range of adjustability and legs are well elasticated to ensure good fit. Kept a poop in wonderfully.

Value for Money: 6/10
In my opinion this is the only thing that lets them down. They're nearly £14 each with no insert. If you splash out on the insert too they're near enough £20...you could have a custom WNs for that.

Overall marks out of 10: 7/10
Good daytime nappy that look lovely. Due to being cotton outers I wouldn't even think about trying them overnight. Let down by the fact they don't come with insert.

Manufacturer: Bambooty
Nappy Name: Easy Dry
Type of Nappy: AIO (All In One)
Fastener: Poppers
Material: PUL coated polyester
Size: Medium

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbency: 8/10
Cuteness: 6/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall: Highly Recommended

I love these nappies! So many clever design features! My little boy had an undiagnosed lactose intolerance causing extreme diarrhoea, and this is the only nappy that has contained it! They have a double leg gusset to contain explosive poo fantastically, along with being elasticated along the back and legs to ensure a perfect fit.

The fastening is poppers, which won’t wear as quickly as aplix making the nappies stay in fabulous condition for longer. They are also an extremely easy to use design, they just go on like a disposable. Most definitely dad/babysitter/nursery proof!

They are unbelievably slim, I’ve had people not believe he’s wearing cloth when wearing this nappy as through clothes it is impossible to tell.

You also get a free small wetbag included in the price, perfect for storing 1 bambooty while out and about.

In my opinion the only downsides to this nappy is the limited range of prints available and the fact that they’re named Easy Dry, however, don’t dry all that fast in my opinion. For example I put them on the line at 9am this morning, brought them in at 8pm and they still aren’t dry so have been placed over the radiator. The weather was good today too and my Itti AIOs were dry

Not sure if i can post in here or not? But has anyone got a review on coolababy? Looking to build a initial stash cheapily but dunno if they are any good

Coolababy -

Manufacturer: coolababy
Type of Nappy: pocket
Fastener: Poppers
Material: PUL coated polyester
Size: btp
Reliability: 8/10
Absorbency: - depends on what inserts you use- you normally get 2 microfibre inserts with each nappy which arent great but work for non heavy wetters
Cuteness: 2/10- not the prettiest but bright colours
Drying Speed:10/10 the nappies dry very quick the inserts take 12/18 hours to line dry
Slimness: 7/10- depends on age of baby and what inserts you use
Value for money: 9/10- cheap and cheerful and do what they are meant to do :D

Overall:

A great stash builder, easy to use and quick to dry. Need to figure out what setting your lo needs them on but once thats done you are sorted to go. Might be worth buying better inserts for the long run but the ones that come with it arent too bad.

Itti Bitti D'Lish Snap in One Large Click here to see them

• Style
All in 2

• Absorbency
8/10 as it comes, 9/10 with mini booster

• Ease of use
9/10 - only because I have found that my OH can't quite get them right and doesnt pull the top insert up which makes it bulge! I love the poppers and they don't get undone too easily!

• Drying time
8/10 - the outers dry very quick - the inserts aren't as fast as something like microfibre though

• Design
10/10 - very trim and well thought out, also lots of lovely colours!

• Value for Money
10/10 - even at the highest shop price I think they are worth it

• Overall marks out of 10.
9/10 - just because nothing is perfect!

BTP Ebay Cheapies from 97Kgallery (animal print set - like short minkee fabric) Click here to see them

• Style
Birth to Potty Pocket

• Absorbancy
7/10 as they come with just 1 insert, 10/10 if you stuff them with a good insert. Good elastic on legs and back that keep the poop inside. Fleece against skin stays nice and dry.

• Ease of use
8/10 - very easy pockets to stuff, the usual rise adjusters and the waist poppers - only reason not higher score is for some reason I don't find the poppers as easy as for example Ittis?!

• Drying time
9/10 - very quick

• Design
8/10 - nicely made, a bit bulky but no more so than most pockets

• Value for Money
10/10 - can't go wrong at £3.50 per nappy even if you buy extra inserts

8/10 - just because they are a little bulky and need more inserts than what they come with.

Flip Click here to see them

• Style
All in 2? Birth to potty

• Absorbancy
10/10 with both inserts you can get for them - I use as a night time nappy for Izzy who sleeps 12+hours

• Ease of use
9/10 - very easy, only issue with older baby who squirms and the insert sometimes comes out of the outer as trying to put it on!

• Drying time
9/10 - very quick for the microfibre, outer almost dry when washed, organic cotton takes the longest but no longer than anything else I own

• Design
7/10 - they work well, but I don't like the way they feel or look

• Value for Money
8/10 - not all that cheap to buy as a one off with both inserts - but I think using full time would be a better value option!

8/10 - just because they are a little bulky and don't look great!

Blueberry Side snap Minkee Sized
I cant really link as these arent sold any more, very sought after though as preloved!

• Style
Sized Pockets with side snaps

• Absorbancy
10/10 the standard insert lasts a while

• Ease of use
10/10 - very easy

• Drying time
10/10 - very quick

• Design
9/10 - they work well, look fantastic...just a little bulky for me (same as all pockets IMO)

• Value for Money
7/10 - I love them BUT at £21 full price they are quite alot! Pre loved are not bad price though

9/10 - just because they are a little expensive

WeeNotions All in 2 https://www.babame.com/flip.phpClick here to see them

• Style
All in 2 sized - custom design

• Absorbancy
10/10 the 4 layer insert last a decent time, you can get 6 layer for even more time.

• Ease of use
10/10 - very easy

• Drying time
9/10 - quite quick, but not the fastest

• Design
10/10 - they work well, look fantastic, not as bulky as one would imagine and are just fabulous!

• Value for Money
10/10 - I love them 100%

10/10 - :thumbup:

Spuggies Fleece Wipes​

The nappy you are reviewing and a link

• https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#...ce-reusable-baby-wipes/141033639246052?ref=ts

Style
  • 10/10 - Wipes, about the size of a disposable wipe in many different designs

Ease of use

10/10 - Just put them in a box of water and leave them for a few days and just remove as you need them!

Drying time

• Will update when I have done my first wash :thumbup:

Design

• 10/10 - Excellent design, so many different ones to choose from

Value for Money
  • 10/10 - A box of 25 wipe (box included) and camomile teabags and lavender for the solution all for £14.95 DELIVERED! Bargain!

Overall marks out of 10.

• 10/10 - I absolutely love these and will buying some more pretty soon. Couldn't recommend any better ones! :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->