The Collective: First Trimester and Beyond!

Hope you and LO are ok, cat mummy!

I have been doing ok. I don't sleep too much anymore, which is really wearing me out. Plus, work and life have gotten so busy, I don't feel like I have any down time anymore. I guess it's all just preparing me for life with a baby. I finally did sleep better last night, so maybe things are turning around for me.

Cannot believe we are already near the end! I have my last scan on sept 30 to see our little man, and then he'll be here before we even have a chance to blink! Still have lots of work to do in the nursery. And, the first shower is this weekend, but the other 2 aren't until the last weekend of October, so there will be lots of work to do after that. I really think the next 8 weeks will fly by!

@TextMel- Thanks, hugs to you xx
It can be so hard especially since I was raised by me grams so I'm emotional a lot. Sorry about hubby. My dh was also laid off a few months ago and have since found a new position but we were taken aback also and had to budget for awhile. I'm sure things will get better for you guys 😊

@Dagon- I'm so sorry! Glad you and lonare okay! I dreaded my glucose test, I felt horrible the whole time, I wanted to faint and puke! Was so glad when I was able to go home and rest.

@Catmummy- So sorry about all the complications x Get as much rest as needed and remember to stay hydrated. Keep us updated on you and baby's progress xx

Hey ladies hope ur all well? Im still in hospital being induced at 34 weeks wbich is next sat x

Aww thnk u hun. Th meds hav finally got my pain under control :dance: just 1 week today until thy induce i can do this! Xx

We'll be here waiting for an update CatMummy!

I had an ultrasound yesterday. My little guy is head down still (He's been that way every time they've checked since 23 weeks), and he wasn't in the mood to cooperate with the tech... who patiently tried to get a good shot of him for over an hour, but he had curled up in a ball, and his head is so low in my pelvis that they couldn't get a good picture of him. The tech kept repeating how 'Super low' his head was, and asking me about how far along I was ETC. I got the feeling she thought I wasn't going to make it to my EDD, but I'll have to wait for my next appointment to go over the results. He's still measuring larger then EDD gestation, so i'm not too worried there.

I have been feeling a lot of pressure down there though, which she asked about before I could mention after the first 'Super Low' comment, and I've been having joyful Braxton Hicks, and my hips almost always feel like this kid is trying to break them.

That's my update!

We'll be here waiting for an update CatMummy!

I had an ultrasound yesterday. My little guy is head down still (He's been that way every time they've checked since 23 weeks), and he wasn't in the mood to cooperate with the tech... who patiently tried to get a good shot of him for over an hour, but he had curled up in a ball, and his head is so low in my pelvis that they couldn't get a good picture of him. The tech kept repeating how 'Super low' his head was, and asking me about how far along I was ETC. I got the feeling she thought I wasn't going to make it to my EDD, but I'll have to wait for my next appointment to go over the results. He's still measuring larger then EDD gestation, so i'm not too worried there.

I have been feeling a lot of pressure down there though, which she asked about before I could mention after the first 'Super Low' comment, and I've been having joyful Braxton Hicks, and my hips almost always feel like this kid is trying to break them.

That's my update!

Dragon - your scan sounds almost exactly like mine! We spent 30 min trying to get our little guy to move around just enough to see his face and his privates (to confirm), but he just would not cooperate. His head is too low to get a good angle and his face is apparently planted in the placenta. And, he had a foot lodged right in his privates, but the tech thinks she could see what she needed to re-confirm he is still a he. I did run and get a Starbucks (decaf frap) and a chiropractor adjustment between the scan and my OB appt, and when I got back the tech wanted to try one more time. The second time around, we were able to get one image of his sweet little face, but it is still a little skewed and the other images she printed look like nothing to me.

Mine was measuring 5lbs 1oz right at 33wks, which seems to be average. She said we will evaluate again in a few weeks before we make any decisions.

I start weekly appts next week! Can't believe we are already here!

Nursery is in progress. Baby shower #1 done, and I made a haul! #2 and 3 in two more weeks!

Stillll waiting for an appointment because the nicu and the cds both have to have a bed and a cot ready x

Announcing: Nathaniel Eryk Chase
Born: Sunday November 8th 2015 at 3:25pm
Weighing: 7 lbs 15 oz
Measuring: 20 1/2 inches

My water broke after my baby shower Saturday the 7th, at 6:05 pm- after a day of increasingly hard contractions- 37 weeks 6 days. Upon admittence to the hospital I was only 1 CM dialated. After 6 hours of walking around I was only at 2 cm, so at 1 am Sunday morning they put me on Pitocion and I got an epidural. I didn't reach 10 CM untill 2 pm, then we started the pushing game- my epidural had worn off by then.

During the pushing I ended up with a second degree tear from the cervix out, from the anus to vaginal opening the up the labia. I lost 1/2 liter of blood and passed out from the blood loss after my son made his way into the world- for a while there they thought they would lose me because they couldn't find the location of all the bleeders.

My Son latched immediatly after birth, once I was awake and able to hold him, and he hasn't really stopped since. He did have a retty bad case of jaundice though- because of the problems I experianced, his cord wasn't cut untill after it stopped pulsing and his father's family has a history of it. He ended up in the box with the blue lights with a bili level of 21.7, though he's fine now. As such I haven't really had the time to post.

Attachments

• Nathan's measurements.jpg
    Nathan's measurements.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Snapshot_20151114.jpg
    Snapshot_20151114.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 1117151034-00.jpg
    1117151034-00.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online