The constant worry of the first trimester..Anyone else have this?

Smallmcfry

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is my second pregnancy and you would think after the first one all this would be gone!!

I am constantly worried that it is not going to happen. Like every time I wipe I am thinking I will see blood, or any time I have a cramp or pain I think its the start of AF, or having to keep taking a HPT just to see the positive to make sure its there. Getting a sudden wet feeling and running to the bathroom to check and it turns out nothing. My heart is races all of a sudden sometimes and I wear a fitbit and typically I'm in the low 80's and I will see it in the 110's.

Ugh! Anyone else go through the first trimester worries but don't tell your dh or best friend because you feel like they're gonna tell you you're crazy.

I know it goes away after the baby is born (or rather transferred into a new set of worries like is the baby still breathing lol)

*Sigh*

Yep! Right there with you! Roll on second tri...I am slightly better than I was with my first, but you can't relax about it, I'm constantly checking for blood! Had a lot more cramps this time around too which worry me!

Right there too..

After my mmc and chems really finding it hard..i took Nother frer today just to check it wss still ok !!

Im having major anxiety ...

Checking for blood....checkimg boobs ok !!

I almost flipped out today, I went to my college health center to get a confirmation of pregnancy done so they had me pee and draw blood. The non-nurse practitioner interrupted us to say my pee test was negative. So the practitioner left the room came back with it showed me and I said to her, " I see something, do you see it?" At this point I thought maybe I have been hallucinating it this whole time.. She said, "yep I see it" just gave me this acknowledging look like the other lady had no idea what she was talking about.

But man that gave me a heartattack lol

With my first pregnancy I rarely worried about anything going wrong. Except an odd dream here and there, I never really worried. This pregnancy, I am in a constant worry, and making it to second tri didn't solve it. I still worry. I am hoping after I hit 24 weeks this coming friday it will stop. having reached "V-day"

Biggest difference. My first pregnancy I refused to spend time here on bnb or baby center. I find all the gestational problems and miscarriage announcements help feed the worry for me.

I'm the same way. I don't think I'll relax until the child is like 2 lol :) My little guy just turned 3 and now it is more easy to relax. I just found out I'm pregnant so it is nerve wrecking.

me! After suffering from MMCs and not showing any symptoms when something goes wrong, I've resorted to depending on the lines on HPTs and checking if my boobs are still sore constantly. It's tough cos you can't see what's going on inside except at the doctors. And most of the time you are left to wonder is everything ok inside?

Oh my gosh YES! I am like on the edge of getting out of first trimester but since I am still in it I am always worried. I own a fetal doppler so that s what has helped me keep sane since my last ultrasound. I look for the heartbeat every night, and soon as I hear the thumping and the BPM shows up on the screen I shut it down and eagerly wait for the next day.

I'm worried all the time. I had a mmc about 2 months ago. I'm not having any symptoms at all and it has me so worried. My scan us tomorrow and I'm scared it's going to be an empty sac again.

Worried here too. Taken us 10 years to the month, and 4 IVF attempts, to finally get our BFP and I'm terrified of losing it.
At my GPs in the morning as almost fainted Sunday sitting on the sofa with my feet up.
I'm worried every time I wipe that I'll see blood.....
Wish I could just relax and enjoy finally being pregnant.

Oh my gosh YES! I am like on the edge of getting out of first trimester but since I am still in it I am always worried. I own a fetal doppler so that s what has helped me keep sane since my last ultrasound. I look for the heartbeat every night, and soon as I hear the thumping and the BPM shows up on the screen I shut it down and eagerly wait for the next day.

Which Doppler do you have? I went an bought womb music on Amazon but not sure if it's any good I'm still too soon to hear anything. But I bought it for the same thing. Hehe

I'm worried all the time. I had a mmc about 2 months ago. I'm not having any symptoms at all and it has me so worried. My scan us tomorrow and I'm scared it's going to be an empty sac again.

Think happy thoughts. Hopefully all is well.

Worried here too. Taken us 10 years to the month, and 4 IVF attempts, to finally get our BFP and I'm terrified of losing it.
At my GPs in the morning as almost fainted Sunday sitting on the sofa with my feet up.
I'm worried every time I wipe that I'll see blood.....
Wish I could just relax and enjoy finally being pregnant.

Wow 10 years!! Well congratulations I hope you have a sticky bean too!!

I've worried so much with this pregnancy, from the day I found out I've just been expecting something to go wrong. Even now, I still worry like mad! :dohh: I don't know why but I'm a lot worse this time, than I was when I was pregnant with DD.

With my first pregnancy I was hardly worried at all. I was just so sure everything would be fine. When I got pregnant early July, I was feeling confident again but it ended in an early miscarriage.
This time around I am a big ball of worries. Especially because I just bled....baby seems fine but no heartbeat yet. So my current worry is the heartbeat...:( Going back in two weeks.

I think it's hard to not worry. Pregnancy is amazing but also incredibly scary.

I guess all we can do is try to relax as much as we can and trust that our bodies do what they are designed to do and do it well.

Despite the voice in the back of our minds telling us otherwise...

xx

I think it's hard to not worry. Pregnancy is amazing but also incredibly scary.

I guess all we can do is try to relax as much as we can and trust that our bodies do what they are designed to do and do it well.

Despite the voice in the back of our minds telling us otherwise...

xx

The statistics on mc do not help at all. I check for spotting every time I pee especially because I've had cramps since before I found out I was pregnant. I do believe I won't have an mc though

I too worry every time I feel something wet or every time I wipe I prepare to see blood. I forgot how worrying the first tri is!!
I've even had a scan and seen a heart beat but still can't help worrying.
I think you relax a little more after the 12 week scan and definitely after the 20 week scan (which is when I usually put it on facebook) but you never totally relax!! The joys of motherhood!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Sometimes I get really bad jump-to-seriously-bad conclusions like today it looks a small vein burst in a finger and I immediately jumped to "omg.. am I going to have a heartattack?!" .. you know.. just scary thoughts that invade my brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->