The Crack-Pot: Recipes for your Crockpot fix!!

Those sweet potatoes sound uuuuuh-mazing! Bet you could use honey instead of sugar if so inclined (I don't cook with sugar). It's totally time I get a crock-pot, the weather is cooling off!

This post made me laugh...I have FOUR of them! :dohh: All in different sizes. In my own defense though, we got three of them as gifts from people. :winkwink:

Seriously, WTH? Why have I never received one from anyone? You can send me one of your extras. :haha:

Well, I didnt get around to making my potatoes :dohh: It currently seems like OV will be 10 days early! So I'm caught a little off guard. Last 3 cycles have been a little whacky...thinking maybe it's another sign the depo is wearing off :shrug: I still wanna try that dish though lol

How much honey do you think I would use as a substitute for the sugar...is it one to one or should i use more honey? You don't think the honey will make it gummy/too thick?

Seriously, WTH? Why have I never received one from anyone? You can send me one of your extras. :haha:

They were wedding gifts! lol

The craziest part is that I've actually had most of them in use at the same time for a New Years Party. :haha:

Well, I didnt get around to making my potatoes :dohh: It currently seems like OV will be 10 days early! So I'm caught a little off guard. Last 3 cycles have been a little whacky...thinking maybe it's another sign the depo is wearing off :shrug: I still wanna try that dish though lol

How much honey do you think I would use as a substitute for the sugar...is it one to one or should i use more honey? You don't think the honey will make it gummy/too thick?

Honey is sliiiiightly sweeter than sugar so you can do a 1:1 ratio or use a smidge less. No, I don't think it would make it gummy or too thick but if it seems like it might you can add a tiny bit more liquid.

OV certainly is early! I'm excited for you!!

I dont know, maybe this is a common one, but my coworker told me this a few months ago and we make it almost weekly! Add 2-4 (or more, just add more ingredients) chix breasts. 1 very large jar of salsa mixed with taco seasoning and 1 chopped onion. Add Kidney or black beans. Simmer all day. At the end, shred chicken and add red and/or green peppers. Stir and warm. Grate cheddar cheese. Put mixture in tortilla and add small amount of cheese. Could add sour cream or guacamole.

I made this one two times in the last month. It's delicious! I recommend cutting slits and inserting the apples into the pork the night before and sprinkling part of the cinnamon on it the night before too. I did it with the first but not the second and the first was better. Also, make sure to put apples on top of the pork in the crock pot too (and lots of honey). There is no salt in this recipe and this pork totally tastes salty and flavorful.

https://thepintertestkitchen.com/crockpot-apple-honey-pork-loin/

Thanks for bumping this! Sunday I said I was gonna go to the store to buy the stuff for my potatoes and I forgot...Gonna do it today! Might do that pork one too! :thumbup:

I went and bought my ingredients for both dishes :happydance: Will cook them tomorrow! :thumbup:

So I had both dishes and was not impressed with either :dohh: lol I don't know what I did wrong but the meat just wasn't as flavorful as I had hoped...in fact it was a little dry. But I think I have an easy fix! I'm gonna try to take out as much of the apples as I can (they are pretty mushy) and add some BBQ! I don't know what I'm going to do with those potatoes :shrug: Thinking about adding more sugar, milk, eggs and make pie! lmao

Oh no, Lilly! Maybe it cooked too long? My pork was juicy, falling apart, and had so much flavor. I always cook on low and for less time than it suggests though.

I had two crackpot fails last week, so maybe there was something in the air. I'm now crackpotting 2+ times a week, so I hope to have something to share soon.

I cooked on low for at least 8 hrs, so maybe you are right...maybe I should have tried 6-7 :shrug: I might try it again...I can always fall back on the BBQ sauce! lol

Lil - you're going to be so proud! I FINALLY got a crockpot. Just in time for the cooler weather too!! Today I am attempting my first ever crockpot meal: Chicken Tikka Masala (Hubs fav dish of all time). If it turns out good I'll post the recipe. Fingers crossed!!! I already didn't get it started early enough though for the 8 hours on low so I'm waiting until 2 so I can put it on for 4 hours on high. Can't wait for Hubs to walk in and smell the Indian spices tonight!

I have a crockpot and have just discovered this thread. It has made me very excited! I am going to go back and dig out some recipes :happydance:

the Tikka Masala was... meh. I used Greek Yogurt and it curdled a little. Apparently this is nothing to worry about, I added a little more cornstarch and left it on longer and it looked a little better. But the dish wasn't as creamy and delicious as the real thing. I was using a simple recipe that was lowfat so I think I'm either going to look for another recipe or experiment with this one more. Husband seemed to like it though and the chicken was perfectly cooked so I'm excited for more recipes! :thumbup:

I love cooking with my crock pot. I don't do it often enough though, I usually don't plan meals in advance...

Last week I cooked a roast beef in the crock pot and it was. So. Good.
I don't like roast beef, mind you. Actually I am not a fan of well done red meat in general.
But it turned great! Even better than when cook in the oven in my opinion.

The recipe...

A 3lbs roast beef
2 cans of condensed mushroom cream (284ml each)
A pack of dry onion soup base
1 1/4 cups of water

Just mix the mushroom cream, onion soup base, and water in your crock pot.
Place the roast beef inside.
Cook on low temp. 8-9 hours or on high temp. 3-4 hours.

I did it on high temp. and it was perfect.

Now I really want to make my own spaghetti sauce in the crock pot!

That sounds really good, FleurDeMai! And simple! I'm going to have to give it a try! :thumbup:

Crockpot Meal Attempt #2...

Ok so today I'm attempting Honey Sesame Chicken... I don't really have high hopes. I just tried to find a recipe for stuff I have on hand but I had to substitute almost everything (chicken breast for chicken thighs, coconut aminos for soy sauce, raw honey for regular honey, etc) so it should be interesting at least. I just love being able to prepare dinner at lunch time though! So when Hubs gets home if all goes well (Fx'd!!) all I'll have to do is make some rice and possibly thicken the sauce a little on the stove. :thumbup:

I love how you are able to use substitutes, even if they don't work you live and learn...but I am a stickler for sticking to the exact recipe! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->