The Doc Said...

RachiePachie

Reaction score
After all the problems I faced from the EPU and then the MC on Sunday I was dreading seeing my GP. He's a great GP but it was the first time I've really spoken about what had happened. My heart was so tight all the while.

My Doctor has advised me to wait two months before trying again, which is fine by us as we were going to wait til March-April time anyways. He was wonderfully sympathetic yet professional. He is going to refer me to a different hospital for any future gyn/maternity needs thank goodness.

He said that I appear to be healing well and that although he's sure it was a miscarriage he wants to check and be 100% certain! He said not to be scared of bereavement - it is a loss and he is really sorry that it's happed and he's going to watch me closely to make sure I don't going into any serious state of depression.

It's so wonderful to get the sensitive professional advice and help after the problems from the EPU.

I'm sorry for what happened, at least you have a good GP

Your GP sounds wonderful Hun.

What about seeing a counseller? I think it would be a good idea and may help the healing process.

Thinking of you :hugs:
xoxo

Your GP sounds wonderful Hun.

What about seeing a counseller? I think it would be a good idea and may help the healing process.

Thinking of you :hugs:
xoxo

My GP is fantastic - I've been with him for 3 years and he's the only GP I've ever been comfortable with.

I was annoyed the EPU didn't suggest counseling - I've always been level headed so I know I can come through this mentally! However, my GP, Dr. Beatty, is keeping an eye on my depression levels. So I'm sure if he thinks I need to speak to someone else he'll push me forward.

Thanks for all the kind words.

It sounds like you have a wonderful GP, I'm so glad he is going to refer you to a different hospital :hugs:

I hope that you get through everything alright and I send you nothing but love! It is wonderful when 'white coats' aren't so completely blocked and can be emotionally supportive.

That sort of care is so important, isn't it? I'm so glad your GP seems so very good. It is all part of the care but I've experienced it missing from 'white coats' too. Take good care of yourself. x

Well I totally lacked it from the EPU staff to which I've put in a formal letter of complaint. I don't want other women going through what I've been through, in the future of course as it's prolly already happened to other women.

Out of 11 or so doctors in that surgery where my GP is I'd only trust Dr. Beatty to get things done and be serious about his patients. So I think I'm just extremely lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->