The Duggar's are on baby #20....WOW!!!

I think they are wrong to have another baby, they were told years ago how dangerous it is for her to carry on getting pregnant due to all the scarring etc from some of her births being c sections, the danger of it was reiterated when josie (number 19) was born very prem, and had loads of problems due to it. If she carries on her children could end up with no mother. So I think she is stupid for risking her life when she had 19 kids already that need her

On an episode I watched at weekend they said the reason Josie was prem was because she, the mum, had Gallstones which she having sorted in that episode. Must say I'd also be more inclined to think it's due to high number of pregnancies.

That's bloody ridiculous, why would you want so many kids? And how does she stay slim???

See the Buddy system annoys me.

Why should her older kids have to give up parts on their lives and childhood to look after the younger kids.

She decides to keep getting pregnant then it should be HER that looks after them!!!

V xxx

Oh yeah, agree with this!

She obv has no time to eat :shrug:

Wow, The mother is 48 years old (or 45??) and here I am wondering at age 34 if I have a high risk of down syndrome. And she have 19 going on 20 kids!

I think she's crazy but i have been found to spend ages watching the show when it's on :haha:
It's hypnotising!! It's like an army of well behaved polite children that never misbehave!!

They are followers of the 'quiverfull' [sic] movement, basically have as many kids as possible so that Christians outnumber Muslims in greater number, that is really the idea behind it all. Apparently the movement is big in Australia too and there was a documentary on Aussie TV about it a while ago, where ladies left the movement and the churches associated with it as they felt they were being expected to essentially kill themselves in order to fit in with the rules of the movement, i.e. having as many babies as humanly possible and never using BC even for strong medical reasons xx

This is a blog of an ex-quiverfull follower in Australia

https://a-dragonfly-diary.blogspot.com/

she hasn't written on it for a while but its quite interesting. She links to several other similar blogs as well xx

I think they are wrong to have another baby, they were told years ago how dangerous it is for her to carry on getting pregnant due to all the scarring etc from some of her births being c sections, the danger of it was reiterated when josie (number 19) was born very prem, and had loads of problems due to it. If she carries on her children could end up with no mother. So I think she is stupid for risking her life when she had 19 kids already that need her

On an episode I watched at weekend they said the reason Josie was prem was because she, the mum, had Gallstones which she having sorted in that episode. Must say I'd also be more inclined to think it's due to high number of pregnancies.

I read josie was early because she had severe pre eclampsia, which she has also had in previous pregnancies but it came on too quickly and very early xx

I really don't get them, I've seen a few episodes but I don't watch anymore as I end up feeling sorry for the older girls who have too much responsibility for their younger siblings.

Ive never actually heard of them :blush: but wow, 20 kids. I have 3 and would at some point like 1 more, and I thought that was quite a few. :flower:

I understand and appreciate that its up to people how many children to have, but why would you need 20 children?

I'm one of five and however much I love my parents, I don't feel that all of us were given the attention that we needed. We've all turned out ok, but there are issues of jealously and resentment sometimes.

I just don't think that it is fair on anyone. In reality who is going to benefit from having another child? Not her children and not her.

Thats for the info on the movement Summer Rain, it makes sense but still :nope: people have limits to what they can happily achieve and when you have to instruct your older children to become a 3rd parent, you have more than you can achieve on your plate.

Seriously? With 20 kids the needs of some must be falling through somewhere and asking older ones to give up part of their lives to buddy the youngers, its not fair! SHE should be looking after HER kids as should HE.
Seriously where does she find the time to DTD?

I have alot of children, not 20 though! :haha:

I have to say i do think its a bad idea that she is having another baby after the problems with her last.
If we all did the 'buddy system' we'd all be able to manage 20 kids. I have 8 kids (one died) and i do it by myself, i get no help, don't run no 'buddy system' and don't expect my children to do much, other than tidy up their toys and put shoes/coats and dirty washing where they belong. Everything else i do myself.

IMO i do think their children are missing out on being children, they do too many chores imo and have too much responsibility in looking after their younger siblings. Let kids be kids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->