The Duggar's are on baby #20....WOW!!!

I think that is just awful. How do you give all 20 kids enough love and affection? The love of siblings is one thing, the love of parents is another.

They are followers of the 'quiverfull' [sic] movement, basically have as many kids as possible so that Christians outnumber Muslims in greater number, that is really the idea behind it all. Apparently the movement is big in Australia too and there was a documentary on Aussie TV about it a while ago, where ladies left the movement and the churches associated with it as they felt they were being expected to essentially kill themselves in order to fit in with the rules of the movement, i.e. having as many babies as humanly possible and never using BC even for strong medical reasons xx

Thats crazy!

Omg that's just phew!

I watched a couple of episodes but the family just weirds me out a little.
From what I gathered the mum writes childrens books and gets a good income from that so good on them for supporting themselves.
However 20 kids is way too many if they need the older kids to assist with the younger ones. And the kids are all home-schooled which means they don't get to interact with anyone other than family.
I saw one episode where the eldest boy was marrying the neighbours daughter. He was 17, she was 16 and they were saving their first kiss for the wedding day. No sex I can understand but to not even kiss? I just found it odd as surely when you're in love you want to be tactile?
The brides father spoke as if the bride was nothing more than a chattel to be passed from father to husband.
It all seems a bit cult-ish to me. I will admit I'm not overly religious but they all take it a bit too far IMO.

Wow, they planning to take over the world?!

The whole older kids being the 3rd parent unsettles me, there's so much out there and it feels like they are being held back.
If they want one on one time with a parent they have to put their names down on a list in the kitchen..

The whole older kids being the 3rd parent unsettles me, there's so much out there and it feels like they are being held back.
If they want one on one time with a parent they have to put their names down on a list in the kitchen..

God, thats disgusting. Poor children :(

I think I just actually heard my heart break. That is so sad that a child has to 'book' in time with their parent for some tlc and one to one.

Wrong in a million different ways.

I personally would not want to have 20 kids but I think that this family is doing a lot of things right. I would love to have just half the patience that Michelle Duggar has. There have been several times in the last few years that I wonder if we could go without TV, where the kids are forced to spend time outside. How wonderful would that be to be able to travel all over the country? Thier children are getting to have experiences that mine most likely never will. I think they are doing a great job of raising productive members of society which is all we can really ask of any parent.

I watched a couple of episodes but the family just weirds me out a little.
From what I gathered the mum writes childrens books and gets a good income from that so good on them for supporting themselves.
However 20 kids is way too many if they need the older kids to assist with the younger ones. And the kids are all home-schooled which means they don't get to interact with anyone other than family.
I saw one episode where the eldest boy was marrying the neighbours daughter. He was 17, she was 16 and they were saving their first kiss for the wedding day. No sex I can understand but to not even kiss? I just found it odd as surely when you're in love you want to be tactile?
The brides father spoke as if the bride was nothing more than a chattel to be passed from father to husband.
It all seems a bit cult-ish to me. I will admit I'm not overly religious but they all take it a bit too far IMO.

You are a bit off on most all of this. They are completely debt free and have several commercial properties that they rent out for income. They do have income from a few books and the show as well but they were completely financially stable before Discovery came calling. Also, while the kids are homeschooled this family goes on more trips where they interact with people from all walks of life. They get plenty of interaction outside of thier family. The oldest boy married a girl that he met through a homeschool convention. She lived in Florida with her family until they got married at which time she moved to Arkansas with her husband. Hardly next door neighbors. They courted and saved thier first kiss until thier wedding day as that was something very special for them and they wanted to do this, as a gift to each other.

I love watching the duggars, just because they raise their children differently too us doesn't mean it's wrong, they all seem perfectly well rounded & intelligent children, they are allowed too go too further education if they wish too, regardless of if they are boys or girls. I think alot of assumptions are made about them too be honest, no one's truly how they bring up their children, what one on one time they spend with their children, ect

Putting your name down on a list to spend time with your parents makes me a bit sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->