The football-sexism story

A

AppleBlossom

What do you make of it?

Do you think they should have lost their jobs over it?

What they said was out of order, but for me the thing Andy Gray was actually sacked over was worse (footage of him asking a woman to tuck in his shirt). However, if they are going to lose their jobs over sexism, then so should loose women!

I think it's wayyy blown out of proportion, if every man was sacked for making comments to women then it would be an all woman workforce!

Yeah I think they should have been,Just had this same discussion with OH-If they had critisised the choices she made through the game,then fair enough-it was the fact they decided she didn't know how to do her job purely because she is a woman.

And as for the comments he made to the presenter-sounds like it was only a matter of time before he got sacked if thats how he spoke to women.xx

I do think he deserved to be sacked because its disgusting that his outlook on women is what it is.
His wife does everything for him at home, she even picks out his suits to wear and puts a note in the pocket to tell him its the one he is to wear :nope: is he a two year old or a grown man? I watched the programme of him and I just was so shocked. He doesnt do anything and this is why his view of women is so low.
His comments were rude and the same for Richard Keys.

I think its all a bit silly really. Yea it was a stupid thing to say and do but dont see why the big hooha about it tbh

It was a stupid thing to say, but no different than a bunch of guys in a bar. Its unfortunate that they said it when and where they did. I do think that they needed to be disciplined but I think sacking them was a bit too much.

At the end of the day in any job you have to show professionalism and esp in a television job of this nature you need to be un biased and tactful, he was out of order imo.
Maybe a fine or discipline would of been in order (inc a public apology), but suppose they want to set an example at sky that this sort of behavior is not tolerated.

Skaterbun, Sky asked him to make a public apology, he refused saying it would be humiliating,.

My opinion is that he should of gone, yes it is the type of thing you hear in a pub all the time but what is appropriate in a pub (not saying i think it is okay there, but just that it might be seen as banter, iykwim?) and what is appropriate in the work place are two very different things IMHO.

I've got to say as well though, sky sports do have a few female presenters....nearly every single one is blond with big boobs - yes they may have simply been the best candidate for the job, but I can't help but find this a little sexist too!

It was a bit of banter that got blown out of proportion, it shouldn't be tolerated, but women shouldn't be allowed to be sexist either, there's all this about equality but we quite often don't give it ourselves.

But Andy Gray is a pig anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->