The government is f'ing greedy!!!!!

I got cut off on my own, but OH got cut off when we became common-law. It makes sense to me...you now have 2 incomes paying basically one households bills. A single income under the cutoff has to still pay a households income, so they need a bit of assistance.

I got cut off on my own, but OH got cut off when we became common-law. It makes sense to me...you now have 2 incomes paying basically one households bills. A single income under the cutoff has to still pay a households income, so they need a bit of assistance.

I know the economics are good, but how can a system be of any use if it promotes single income families and not a more stable family environment?

Whilst there are many, many fantastic single parents out there who raise their children to be fine upstanding members of society, but the statistics are clear that children who live in a two parent family are far more likely to succeed and far less likely to get into any trouble, than those from single parent homes. When the benefits system actively encourages parents to live apart, it is contributing to a less cohesive society.

It winds me up that I have to go to work every day to pay the bills but if I kicked Mr Foo out, all of a sudden I'd have the luxury of saying I believe children need their mothers so I want to stay at home and look after them.

The system in the UK is totally screwed and living on benefits has become a lifestyle choice rather than a necessity. Hang on, I'm about to go into full rant mode here......breathe.......:blush:

I know it is difficult for single parents and there are some out there who find themselves in that situation and really need the help. I don't know what the answer is, but a system that is so unbalanced and does not promote stable family life is detrimental to society.

What is the baby bonus some of you are talking about and where do you apply for it?

I live in T.O. and get the UCCB and some ridiculously low amount for the child tax benefit.

I have my head in the sand regarding childcare - it stresses me out thinking about it. It's so expensive and there don't seem to be any spots available.

What is the baby bonus some of you are talking about and where do you apply for it?

I live in T.O. and get the UCCB and some ridiculously low amount for the child tax benefit.

I have my head in the sand regarding childcare - it stresses me out thinking about it. It's so expensive and there don't seem to be any spots available.

I think when people talk about baby bonus, they do mean the child tax benefit and all the add ons with it like National child tax benefit and your provincial taxes, (we have BC Family Bonus) but you have to qualify with your income for that. If you have done your income tax I would take a look at the child tax part and see what parts you get. Each province is different. but the Child tax and UCCB is usually same in each province.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->