The Great Alberta/Ontario Meet Up!

poll sounds good :) I don't really mind what we do in the end :lol: was just trying to get the ball rolling on the discussion :rofl:

Should we try to meet at a certain time?
I think the earliest we can be there is probably around 10/11 am.
At which point, we'll be pretty close to lunch.
So do we try to incorporate lunch, or do we say it's a 1pm meet, and we can all do a snack after, if we like?
Just thinking about being in the vicinity for (kid-friendly) restaurants, etc. I know lots of places around the AGO, or at least I used to. Don't know the Science Centre area as well, but that's what the internet is for! :)

we're fine for anything after 10ish I'd say. Hannah usually naps around 1 so would prefer she was fed before that point in time or we'll have two reasons for a major meltdown :lol:

don't think there are a lot of restaurants in the SC area. there is a place to buy food there (mostly snack shop stuff) and lots of places to sit if you take your own (that's what we generally do when going there)

Vickie, I plan to give Simon a few shots of espresso to get him through the afternoon. I can bring extra for Hannah! :haha:
I know the morning would be ideal with little ones, but we'd have to either leave at 3am or come in the night before. I don't think we're the only ones with a long drive, either.
Maybe that should be another consideration:
does the location of the SC vs the AGO make a difference to anyone in terms of access?

Even if we get together around noonish/12:30 that'd probably be okay for Hannah's lunch. but we can meet later and do a snack like you suggested. she might actually sleep on the trip there that way hmmmm

anyways I think with as much activity and other kiddos that are around it will hopefully be enough distraction to keep her happy-ish :haha:

for us no, I still need to talk to Stan and see what he wants to do (rent a car/go with us etc. because I'm not certain what his plans are right now.........) I don't think either are particularly easy by public transit (from Mississauga :lol:)

actually Stan says that the AGO wouldn't be bad for public transit :)

I love the AGO! :happydance: Claire needs somewhere where she can run around. She's tolerating the stroller less and less these days, before it was fun to ride in but now she wants to go and explore. :haha:

Would we meet up at the venue? Vickie I wish our car was bigger as we'd just swing by and pick you guys up. :(

Um, how do I add a poll? :blush:
Or is that being fancier than we need to be?

I am really keen to see the AGO since its renos, and I think galleries are great places to take kidlets and let them explore. Most things are mounted on walls and/or well out of reach.

I'm partial to Science Centre... but that's probably because I get in for free, and it's 10 minutes from my house :haha: I'm happy with whatever though! But need to take getting home in traffic into consideration if we do AGO.

Can i just clarify the 25th or 26th? Just so i book the right day off work. Vickie - i can pick you up again (and we will not rely on TOMTOM this time!!!)

The 25th works better for me, I work the 24th and the 26th now. Stupid schedule.

That's carved in stone now, then: Jan.25th
Should I go further and say 1pm at the AGO? Are we ready to commit to that? :)

I can commit! Will be good practice for getting married later on in the year. :haha:

Okay, I will try to work out a meeting place for us and get that all sorted out tomorrow.

does anyone know what the AGO is like for parking, and strollers/toddlers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->