The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Wow how exciting lamara! When did you phone up for it?

I have had tests to see if ovulating and my partner has had his sperm checked, but not sure on the AMH. All these technical terms keep getting thrown at me while im with consultant that I get so confused. I am sure I have had them, I called my hospital and have asked for all my results to be sent to me, so I will soon see if I have or havent! lol.

Yeah fingers crossed, look forward to hearing if you do.

After my quick skim of all the posts, i didnt note anyone not having been accepted, not sure what would deem you not suitable?! x

I think a couple of people have been? But not many :shrug:

Sorry if I'm incorrect, but did I previously read that you have PCOS? It will likely mean that you are on the 'new' version of the trial (although I don't think it's any different). As they're ending one trial soon (where they omitted ladies with PCOS)
and starting a new trial, where I think it is exclusively for ladies with PCOS :)

I hope that makes sense!

It would be great if you already have all of your results then you will just get started a bit faster :)

I was emailling Ali last Thursday he said to call but they had no appointments so I had to call back Monday, they said I was the last appointment so I guess they set out appointments on a weekly basis.

I think I read through the whole conversation on this thread haha I was doing the same trying to see if and why they would turn people away and one lady had such a high AMH level they said she couldnt do this trial but she can do the next which is more suited to ladies with high risk of developing OHSS due to PCOS.

I am a little worried because I have not had much luck at the past 2 clinics I have applied at for egg share I know its a totally different set of rules but I still feel as though I might get turned away...once bitten twice shy kind of thing.

Did you speak with Ali about PCOS? He may be allocating you a place for the new trial xxx

That would make Ali's email to me make more sense, he said to leave it a week before calling as some clinical lists have not been created, so I suppose it is that I am for the new trial due to pcos.

I gave him a brief run down of all the procedures and meds I have been on etc.

I am sure Lamara this is your time! 3rd time lucky ;-) x

Thats good I think it would make more sense to have you on the newer trial because thats the whole point of the Kisspeptin, to reduce the risk of OHSS in PCOS ladies.

I hope its 3rd time lucky.

You never know we could be doing this together but lets not jinx things :) xxx

Be good if we were, at least can give eachother support, along with all the others on here.

where abouts are you from? Looks as though it will be about a 2 hour journey to the hospital from where I am in sussex xx

Yeah we won't feel alone that way :)

Im from a village close to Salisbury, we are about 2 hours away in the car but I don't drive so when my husband cant come I will be getting the train (expensive!) and that will take around 3 hours. For me to coach (cheap!) it will take about 4-6 hours depending on stops and changes. The early appointments will have to be done via train but afternoons are good for coach :)

I hope my husband can come to all appointments, it just makes it feel a little more of a better experience. xxx

Hi ladies,,, hope you are all well.
some of you's might remember me from earlier on in the thread, just popped in to let you all know i got a natural :bfp::bfp: on monday, really can't believe it as after we failed last month we had given up hope on ever conceiving. had a scan today and looks like i am just under 6 weeks as she could definately see something but got to go back in 2 weeks time for definate confirmation. keeping fingers crossed everything goes well x

Oh mrsm! That's fantastic! :happydance:
Congratulations! So very happy for you :)

thanx very much, really can't get my head around it at the minute, these two weeks are going to drag,,, hope you ok x

Mrsm that's fabulous news, bet you fell off your chair!
Hope all goes well with the scan, keep us updated! X

MrsM thats great! Congratulations. Hope you have a good scan to put your mind at ease. xx

Hi to the newbies. Congrats Mrsm.
No new news from just just passing to say hi. Still waiting to find out when the next trial starts I've just sent Ali an email to see if there are any updates yet.
This month is the only time in the last 2 years or so I have been more relaxed and less stressed about ttc think my holiday last month with the hubby did the trick and maybe all this lovely weather were having aswell
I let you guys know what Ali says

3wishes hi! Hopefully it won't be long as surely they are coming to the end of this part of the trial. X

hi ladies, thought i'd check in with an update. congrats mrs m on ur bfp, what a lovely suprisr! hello newbies, i'm quite new too :)

i had my appt with dr carby yest, she was so lovely as u all said. she went through my background and seemed very positive, she explained the trial & sent me for a scan & blood test for my amh. she said it needed to be between 10 & 40 but she said if for some reason mine came back @ 9 she would still take me on the trial given that i'd had such a gud response to my previous ivf. my only worry wad the scan that showed two small cysts, one on each ovary due to my endo, however the lady scanning me didn't seem to concerned. i just hope it doesn't go against me! has anyone else had a couple of small cysts but still doing the trial?? xx

Hi slday glad your first appt went well! Did you know you would be scanned or was it kind of just thrown on you lol I have my first appt on Thursday and haven't been told to expect a scan. I have got some cysts on my ovaries so I'm nervous about that. If you only have two small cysts you should be fine. What's the next step for you now? Xxx

hi lamara, i had an idea there would be a scan & amh test from what the other ladies had told me. everything was done very quick and they are all so nice there. i have to now wait for my amh test results back which should be nxt week :) dr carby said to e-mail ali on friday if i still hadn't heard anything, then all been well we will go back to sign forms, have a medical and were good to go :) have u got endometriosis cysts or pcos? if you don't mind me asking ? let me know how ur appt goes xx

Ill expect the scan then lol and Amh if they need a new one my last one was only done few months ago. I have cysts but not got pcos or endo so I guess it's poly cystic ovaries without the syndrome part. My hormones were all in the right place so it doesn't affect me fertility wise but I have no tubes that is why I need ivf.
I hope your results come back great and fast :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"