The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Hi, she should tell you then unless she asks for Blood test etc then you will have to wait for the results, they push people through as its a trail and its ending very soon as they've had so many people on it they said there's only a few spaces left When I went in June. So fingers crossed for you. They really do let you move quickly. I know some ladies have had to wait a few months to start there injections but that's because they have has differ t circumstances. And to let there bodies recover.

The injections are fine I was a little worried about it and when I saw the needle this morning didn't know if I'd be able to do it but I just made myself and it didn't hurt at all I lied down and did it in my tummy below my belly button. I only started today so no side affects yet!

X

Well when I called up to make the appointment I was told I had been given the very last appointment so I guess that I will be in the hat they pick from so to speak or I will be the last on the list. I wish I had seen about this earlier than last week.

I think I will be ok with the tummy injections but any other part of the body I doubt I will be able to do it happily haha. Well done on doing your first injection!

xx

Completely Hnfc! I didn't realise how anxious I would be after getting a BFP, I'm really happy to be pregnant. But it's exceptionally nerve wracking!

Lamara; you'll need to pay for car parking (if going by car), which is like £2 an hour. In the future you'll need to stay overnight in a hotel, but they reimburse you for that at a later date.

They asked me to go away and have more tests done by my own GP (ie. another SA for DH) which in the end took 2 months before Dr Carby agreed for us to be apart of the trial. But once we had our second visit to talk through the trial in detail and sign the papers, I started the injections only 4 days later!

The injections are easy, although I found that I was sore by the end. The Cetrotide tends to sting/itch a little.

I did not find any side effects from the I injections at all :)

Its not in the congestion zone is it? My husband had his SA done on 21st May so it is really recent I hope he doesnt need another one because its 8 weeks waiting here. Wow you did start fast after the second appt! I dont drive so i will be getting the train from salisbury to shepherds bush rail then a cab to the hospital if there are appts my husband cannot make otherwise we will be driving there.

How long do you inject for? I think I may just stay in a local cheap hotel for a few days when they are scanning it will work out the same cost as me travelling no doubt.

Glad you have no side effects from the injections that worries me as I get really bad PMS I tend to be like the witch herself when I am due my period lol.
xx

No, it's outside the congestion zone :)

I travelled from Coventry and didn't stay (aside from the night in hospital, which is optional, and the night before the EC, which they pay for). I took the train or the coach. It was exhausting but a lot cheaper.

I injected for about 12 days I think, but everything in my cycle went pretty standard and as expected :)

I get exhausted looking at the journey planner, i have no idea how it will be travelling there in this heat.

How many scans do you have whilst stimming? Why do I have to stay in a hotel if they let us use the hospital?

How was EC I am scared about that I would rather General A rather than light sedation I would hate to be awake through something like that.

I just hope I get on the list and dont have a wasted journey to be told the trial is full and go home. That would break me after the recent clinic letting me down after 6 months. I emailled Ali and told him my appointment date as he asked. xxx

They let you stay in the hospital for the night of the trigger shot the kisspeptin as they want to test your bloods every hour to see how people respond to it! So that's the only night they let you stay in the hospital as they want it to back there reserch.

You get scanned every other day from day 5 of the Gonel F I think so they can keep an eye on everything closely. That goes on for about a week.

It will probably cost alot more staying in a hotel for that amount of time.

You have scans every other day after about day 4 I think, and before your EC. Do I had like 4/5. As sometimes they ask you back the next day too. The scans are usually between 7.30am and 9.30am.

You have the option of staying in hospital and having blood tests every hour after the Kisspeptin trigger. Or you can have the Kisspeptin at 9pm and come back at like 7am.
Then they like you to be nearby for the EC as it's so early.

You are sedated for the EC, but you are fast asleep. I didn't feel anything at all and woke up back in the recovery room.

Sounds like I will be late for a few morning appointments if my train is delayed :/ It will cost me 45 train and 20 taxi for every journey I make there so 65 a visit... would be cheaper to stay in a cheap hotel over the last few stimming days. I would rather go home though.

I got an email back from Ali he said if the trial closes he will let me know (because I asked him to then I wont waste a journey) I hope I dont get a mail the day before my appointment saying it has closed.

How soon after trigger do they do EC? Like is it worth going home after trigger or hotel? xxx

It'd about 36 hours later. I would've preferred not having to go home, but I had work :dohh:

Id prob go home as my husband would need to be there for EC anyway. Fingers crossed I am accepted. Ohh had enough of waiting already lol. xxx

Hi Lamara, good luck and I hope you get accepted on to the trial.

I had my transfer, 2 blasts put back, 3bb and 2cb, didn't have any to freeze, there are 4 morulas which they are waiting to see what happens with, they will call tomorrow morning to see if they have developed enough to freeze but not lookjing likely.

I know it's good to have two blasts put back but we were disappointed as we had much better results with our successful cycle 2 years ago. We just have to cross our fingers that one of these takes!!!

Well done hnfc, they really aren't bad at all, not long until your first scan........!

x

Hi! Oh wow you put 2 back, I would love to put 2 back but I highly doubt the docs will agree with me as I have never had fertility treatment before.

Congrats on being PUPO with twins. Stickyness is sent your way!
xxx

Lamara, you'll be able to have two put back :flower:
I'm 22 and never had any kind of fertility treatments and I had 2 blasts put back. But I'm only pregnant with one :)

Dolly, great news! Congrats on being PUPO! Hopefully you won't need the others :)

I was really unlucky with my eggs, despite having 21 follicles, I only got 5 egg, 3 of which fertilised. One was very poor quality, one was 'okay', and the other 'slightly better'.

Ah ok thanks Wells, do you remember what they graded them as?, we just have to stay positive and wait it out until the 26th, unless I bleed before of course!

I hope they allow 2 it just doubles your chances in my opinion.
I think I will be spending about 800 on travel lol I just realized my travel will be about 80 a trip because I only searched single fare not return.

I hope they stretch it over a few months, or I will be stretching the credit card. xxx

....I know Nadb has mentioned this before but if anyone is driving to clinic there are no machines on the parking on the road just outside the prison next to the hospital, so it's free and has saved us quite a few pennies!!!!! It's on the left hand side of the road if the hospital is on the right

Lamara.foster - yeah it's my first round as well and I'm 25 and slid already told me I can have two put back it i get two that is, they allow it its only NHS cycles that they won't allow it unless you are over a certain age. So yep if you get accepted you will have the option.

Dolly - wow so it's now just a waiting game for you how do you feel now? Are you at home already? Will you be resting for the last couple of days! Are you going to wait the 2 weeks or will you be. Testing early?

Yep I know all booked in 7am Friday morning. How many days where you from first injection to egg collection dolly? Was it 12 or over 12? I'm trying to get a rough idea of when I'll be so I can plan work around it! Haha' I know everyone's different but god to hear abou how many days people where on it for. To get. General idea.

X

Hi hnfc, I was home about an hour and a half later, no rest for me as I look after my toddler full time at the moment.
I won't be testing early, I did that before and then it ended in a chemical so I got my fingers burnt!

I was 11 days from first jab to trigger so pretty average. Had a scan day 5, 6, 8 then 11. Hope that helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->