The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

hi ladies

dollyandra- congrats you are in pupo with twins. sending you lots of sticky vibes. stay positive, you wont need any in the freezer.

hnfc - well done hun, the injections are really not too bad. i got a few night sweats but they really were not too bad.

lamara.foster- fingers crossed you will get in. all sounds positive so far. i use to work in salisbury, it is a beautiful place.
how come you didnt go head with treatment after 6 months? what did the clinic say?
As for ec i was knocked out, can not remember a thing.

wellsk- try and not worry. you are lucky. just think about how so many women have babies. we can too

xxxxxxx

Thanks for the heads up on parking I will defo be looking for a free space. I will be thinking hard about putting two in I think I will take the advice of the doctors they know best I guess it depends whether they think I can cope with a twin pregnancy after all my operations. I have had nine abdominal surgeries some small some big.

What do the grades mean for blasts? That confuses me. xxx

Tina hi, Salisbury is nice I havent been here long my husbamd is in the army and got posted here in Feb so I havent been out much. I was at southampton egg sharing when they said to me that I am a cystic fibrosis carrier. So that means they cant share my eggs (well they could if they were to screen the male of the recepient and see that he wasnt a carrier too) they just dont do it.

xxx

Lamara.foster ow so sorry to hear that. Do you qualify under NHS?
I am keeping every thing crossed that you get accepted.
When you spoke about the cost you mention taxi is that in London? If so maybe get the train?

Nope I don't qualify. It will cost a lot on train fares. If the scan times were in afternoon it would be cheaper because train costs four times as much as the coach but the coaches are only about for afternoon appointments. Trains will get me to London for about half seven earliest. Xxx

Sorry to hear that lamara.

Just had the call from the clinic and they said that none of the embryos were suitable for freezing, never mind.
However they did say that from the initial grading to time of transfer the blastocysts had expanded further to become a 4bb and 3bc so I'm hoping that is a good sign. Fingers crossed x

Sorry that there is none suitable to freeze. It seems that these cycles dont have many for freezing or dont fertilize much (on this thread) do you think that has anything to do with the Kisspeptin?
What do those grades mean for you? xxx

The embryologist said they still needed to find out more about the kisspeptin before she could comment. It still matured 11 of 12 eggs so it did its job in that regard.

Those grades are good so we shall have up wait and see. You can look up the grading system on line

It did do its job then that's very good it's great they have found something for people who are at risk of ohss I hear its a very horrible thing to go through.

I'll google it :) hope you are doing ok xx

hi,

everything's fine with me got my first scan on Friday morning the injections are fine I think its the thought of doing them that is worse than actually doing them. looking forward to seeing if its doing what its meant to be,

how are you? what date can you test on? 29th? how are you feeling hope your staying positive.

x

Exciting, tomorrow morning, it goes really quickly from here as something is always happening.

I'm fine thank you, I'm to go for blood test on 26th, I'm staying positive, it worked before so no reason it can't again, right?!? If we ignore the failed FET in between........

Hi ladies

Hnfc- glad you are finding the injections OK. Good luck with your scan. Just make sure you are eating lots of protein and drinking lots of water.

Dollyandra- stay positive and relaxed. Are you working or have you taken time off?

Afm- AF due today so am hoping it will come on time. Or don't mind as long as it comes within the next few days.
Hnfc- that would mean I'm not too far behind you.

Hi everyone!

I have been in contact with Ali about making an appointment for this trial and have come across this forum, such great info about it all.

Ali told me to make an appointment next week, just wish it would hurry up!

I am 25 and my partner 31, we have been TTC for 3 years now. My partner has a child from a previous relationship and that is why we do not qualify for NHS IVF.

I have been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries and had ovarian drilling along with endo treatment and dye test on my tubes. been on several cycles of clomid and became pregnant in Dec 12 but was ectopic.

I hope I get accepted onto this as I feel it could be our only chance. x

Hi wellsk!

Congrats I see you are pregnant, was that with Kisspeptin?

Thank you :)
Yes! It is indeed. I am very lucky :)
I'm 22 and my DH is 30. We have Male Factor Infertility and I have low AMH levels for my age.

Hopefully you'll start soon and get your BFP too :)

I hope so, cant wait to get an appointment and fingers crossed get accepted.

how do you get notifications that someone has replied to the thread? Sorry im a newbie :) x

When you go to the User CP (which the button for is in the top right hand corner), it lists all the threads that you've written on and that people have answered afterwards :)

Hi April I am a newbie too! I have my appt a week today. I have been told I have some cysts on my ovaries but my bloods are all ok as far as pcos goes so I havent been diagnosed. This trial is our last hope before self funding as we are not eligible for NHS funding. I bet youre nervous I am. I just dont want to turn up there to be told I am not accepted there and then. Have you had your AMH or other fertility tests done before? I am taking in all my results and my husbands so I can try to speed things up a little. Fingers crossed for us getting accepted. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->