The hardest part about pregnancy...is always being sober!

The times I miss having a drink is at bbqs, with all this nice weather.
I used to love an ice cold fruit cider sat in the garden for a bbq.
I still enjoy the bbq, just with a lemonade now :)
It's actually been good for me to cut it out though as I suffer from ibs so that cider or two would often set me off and I'd be a little uncomfortable the next day.
Although now I'ma little uncomfortable EVERY DAY with a little nausea and boating Haha!

I have to admit I wish I could have had a drink or two when we were on vacation a few weeks ago...would have been nice to knock back a couple with DH.

However, to be perfectly honest, given all I've been through in this trying-to-get-pregnant journey, not being able to drink ranks somewhere around #2593748934 of things that are hard.

I don't drink, but I used to! Too much.lol Quitting wasn't easy, but I wouldn't trade it. You all deserve a pat on the back. Well done!! :)

This coffee thing has me bummed though.

The first 9 weeks or so, I didn't miss it at all! I was so nauseous that the thought of drinking just turned my stomach. Around week 12, when my MS went away, and the weather started heating up, I really started to miss it.

Today is Independence Day here in the US, which is a huge drinking holiday, so today totally sucks for me. I just want to be outside, at a barbecue, with vodka and something, like I am every year.

I never noticed how many of my social events revolved around alcohol until I couldn't drink. Up until recently, I would still go to bars and lounges with my friends (and just drink water), but now that I'm starting to show, I don't want to be judged as that "pregnant girl at the club", so I've just been staying home more.

I feel you, missing wine already! I suspect that will come and go, but for now, sure sounds relaxing....ah....:wine:

Amennnn to this post LoL!! Especially on the weekend of the 4th!! Of course I can have fun without drinking, but its SUMMER!!! And we have a boat and a boat without a cocktail just isn't the same !! And soooo many summer parties and events that all involve drinking, dealing with drunk people laughing hysterically and things that aren't as funny when you are sober lol.... I get super tired early and it's so hard I hang and still have fun !! Yes it's all worth it in the end, when I really want a drink I just tell myself "it's only 9 months out of your lifetime and I'll get the best reward ever" and the I go on with my sober fun :) haha 7 more months ;-p

I'm not a heavy drinker, but I do like a couple glasses of wine or a bottle of beer or a cocktail a couple times a week. I don't miss getting drunk, but I miss the taste and the ritual, I guess. DH likes trying new cocktails, so I'm going to see what kind of fun mocktails he can come up with. I don't think I'd miss the rum in a mojito, you know?

I really miss champagne. All this celebrating, and no champagne! We even bought a bottle of the champagne we had at our wedding, for our anniversary in August, and then a week later, pregnant :p We'll bring it along when we tell mom, I guess, and I might sneak a sip of DH's...

I have to admit I wish I could have had a drink or two when we were on vacation a few weeks ago...would have been nice to knock back a couple with DH.

However, to be perfectly honest, given all I've been through in this trying-to-get-pregnant journey, not being able to drink ranks somewhere around #2593748934 of things that are hard.

I understand and I'm sorry to hear you've had some difficulties. While I miss drinking, it doesn't compare to most struggles in pregnancy and I meant it as more of a fun topic than a serious one. Hope things continue to go well for you!

Amennnn to this post LoL!! Especially on the weekend of the 4th!! Of course I can have fun without drinking, but its SUMMER!!! And we have a boat and a boat without a cocktail just isn't the same !! And soooo many summer parties and events that all involve drinking, dealing with drunk people laughing hysterically and things that aren't as funny when you are sober lol.... I get super tired early and it's so hard I hang and still have fun !! Yes it's all worth it in the end, when I really want a drink I just tell myself "it's only 9 months out of your lifetime and I'll get the best reward ever" and the I go on with my sober fun :) haha 7 more months ;-p

I can so relate! We went out of town for the 4th of July, and while it was still relaxing/enjoyable, I really missed partying before the fireworks and having some drinks at the bar with my hubby (totally not the same sober for me)! I'll admit that alcohol loosens me up (as I'm usually pretty reserved) and I like the way it makes me feel. I drink responsibly, so hey, no harm in enjoying a few drinks!! Just a little over 6 months to go... hehe

I want a Margarita sooooo bad! I've had the Virgin ones but they're not the same! I want a real one, with lots of tequila. And I want some wine, and maybe a martini and possibly a long island iced tea.

I've never been a big drinker but knowing I can't have one makes me want one so bad!

Im okay when its just me and DH. Its when im out at social events... went for a meal with the girls last Thursday and everyone was drinking and i was there...with a Mocktail...thinking...this drink is missing something.....oh yeh the vodka!! what makes it worse is i can`t lie to save my life... so when people ask why I`m not drinking I`m so unconvincing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->