The Horse Group

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before! Loving all the pictures here.

I have an Egyptian Arabian mare who I can't WAIT to be able to ride again! I've been visiting her and taking her for walks like a dog around the farm (LOL), but it just isn't the same. It is sweet how she had gotten more protective of me in the field--she never liked other horses coming up to me (or more likely her treats...), but she's been more insistant that everyone give me plenty of space. Yesterday I was out visiting and just generally fussing over her when she carefully backed well away from me before attacking a huge fly on her neck. It was funny as she's not usually one to show that much self-restraint--she's normally a react first and ask questions later kind of gal when it comes to her own comfort!

Fingers crossed that I'll be back on my fiesty steed soon.

I'm with you! My trainer finds me somewhat silly to not ride Memphis as she considers him to a big dopey dog more than a horse, but the though of him spooking at something makes me leery. At the moment I have a 13 year old girl that is fearless that has fallen in love with him. If I can just get her to drop the reins a little we'd be in business.

I'm off to look at a horse tomorrow, on a loan basis. I'm looking for something to get into competing again after I had a bad horse riding accident a few years ago. I have a young mare who's just had an operation but tbh I don't think she's ever going to be able to cope with my weight (she's a 15.2hh TB) She'll be staying with me though :) Really nervous about the viewing but he's an older schoolmaster type so I hope it all goes ok.

Good luck! Old schoolmasters are the best for getting confidence back!

My horse just went up for lease... looking for somebody to lease him for a bit.

Well he was brilliant. He can work to advanced medium dressage at home and has eventing points on his card. He's looking for a slower life as he's 22 now (but his owner seemed to think he'd cope with '4 hours of competition work no problem') :lol: he was very fit but I couldn't get a tune out of him :blush: he kept hollowing out in trot so I know it's me. Still we got a nice walk, trot and canter and he's very steady and quiet. Took him out down the lane as well and he was good with the traffic.

Downsides are he's 22 and a thoroughbred (suppose I already have one of those!). So he's a more expensive horse with special feeds and 6 weekly shoeing costs. Plus you never know how many years they have left.

There's also another horse that I've spoken to a lady about who's also for loan. An IDx who's 13 years old. He's a chunkier type, apparently very easy to do and a gentle boy to ride. She sent me a lot of pictures and in a few she has no hat on, so she obviously sees him as quite safe. He's not done much competition work at all but has done schooling and jumping at home and he does look like he's on good form. I've had an IDx before and quite like how level headed they are. Downsides are the lack of experience competing and he's been known to head shake sometimes when the pollen is bad. He's more of a good do-er though so no expensive feeds and no shoes.

Forgot to mention that older TB needs a stable whereas IDx doesn't. I have stables, they are just in a state of disrepair at the minute and need work :dohh:

Have you been to look atthe 2nd one yet.

Ill hopefully be riding a very bossy TB in the next few weeks, im excited and nervous at the same time lol Im sure ill be of more time than on but as long as i dont get hurt badly im willing to give her a chance x

Wow...only just now realised there was a horsey section on here!!
I always had horses and ponies when I was younger. Most recent was my 14.3h TB x Connemara mare called Pepper, although I lost her about 3 years ago. I used to compete at Intermediate level, in lots of 1 day and 3 day events in my region.

I really do miss it! Here is a photo of my Pepper....I miss her sooo much!!!

https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180480_1745060557537_1569462139_1787423_3809551_n.jpg

Hiya guys...I don't have horses right now, but here are my old ones:

TONKA
148564_10150303269400515_640515514_15781368_7147934_n.jpg

Had her when I was 17 - 21, sold her on. She was amazing, I miss her too much! 14.1hh Dartmoor x Exmoor

BRAMBLE
n640515514_4608513_1270.jpg

Bought her from the yard I worked at (Nolton Stables) and she was awesome! Had her from 19 - 24
16(odd)hh coloured cob

Can I be really cheeky and ask has anyone got any old polypads they don't want lying around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->