The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

Thanks hun. I was 40 weeks so i think thats why they were so willing to induce me without too much thought.x

Emma :hugs: I am so so so happy to hear that Lacey has arrived safely. You and lacey are proof that if you feel something isnt right KEEP GOING BACK!!! Congratulations darling? how many weeks were you?

Thanks hun, i wa, 39 weeks when i first started going in then 40 weeks when i went back the 3 rd time so i think thats why they were so willing to induce me.

[
And remember, decreased movement is just as important as lack of movements. My son gave a few feeble kicks and I thought everything was ok, when it was far from ok.
QUOTE]

That's the whole point of my thread. People don't understand how important reduced movements are. Even if you get any doubts at all you need to be checked and not feel you are wasting anybodys time.
I'm glad your son lived but I am sorry to read he has problems. Lots of love to you both xxxx

god thats just scary..so glad that your little one was fine...i think i will definitely go down to the baby unit to gets checked over. thanks for this thread it is indeed very helpful :) xx

god thats just scary..so glad that your little one was fine...i think i will definitely go down to the baby unit to gets checked over. thanks for this thread it is indeed very helpful :) xx

So glad youve come over and had a look. Please know I dont want to scare you... just think you should get checked over again :hugs: hope all is perfect :hugs:

xxx

no im glad you did tell me jo..it made me ring the baby unit straight up...told me to come down to monitor me. going back again tomorrow morning to have another check to be on the safe side. hopfully thats normal to get told to come back but hey if its to keep things fine with the little one il go back every day if i have too :)

thanks again jo xxx

No worries, what did they say today? did he get moving once you were there? If they have any concerns then they may consider inducing you once you reach 37 weeks. Ask as many questions as you can think of :hugs:

xxx

No worries, what did they say today? did he get moving once you were there? If they have any concerns then they may consider inducing you once you reach 37 weeks. Ask as many questions as you can think of :hugs:

xxx

wow inducing me?? :wacko: thats just scary hun lol

The mws were very kind but didnt really say much...laid me on the bed put two monitors on me..one for baby and one for me...told me to relax and just monitored me for 40minutes. she kept coming in and checking the paper work..but after 30minutes laying there she said hes very up and down..i like to keep you for a bit longer to keep and eye on things. she then said after 40minutes we would like you to come back to do the same thing again to make sure everything is ok and the same as today. so im taking that as everything is fine that she just wants to double check tomorrow to be less worried? :)

ive got my 36weeks (weell 36+5) mw appointment on thursday too so ill be asking her plenty of questions to ease my mind :hugs: xx

:hugs: hope everything goes well tomorrow. Ask then what Babys heart rate is going between... as in the lowest and the highest. Should be between 110bpm and 180bpm... but i believe the 'norm' is about 120-160 :hugs:

xxx

:hugs: hope everything goes well tomorrow. Ask then what Babys heart rate is going between... as in the lowest and the highest. Should be between 110bpm and 180bpm... but i believe the 'norm' is about 120-160 :hugs:

xxx

hey will do hun :)

hes heart beat was going low 130 too high 183 i know this as i was watching the screen like some storker lol ill let you know how i get on. thanks again jo xx

hey jo..went to the baby unit again today had the monitor checks again..mw was happy with the results but just concerned of hes lack of movement so i have been booked in for a scan at 9.45 in the morning to check that he is indeed fine :)

hes been very quite so im glad that they are giving me a scan :) xx

:wave: does his HB seem to have settled abit since yesterday then? So glad they are scanning you as they will be able to get fairly accurate measurements thats hes growing correctly and maybe even estimated weight. Please let me know how you get on with your scan :hugs:

xxx

thanks hun :) hes hb was between 134 to 163 so they was happy with that. hopfuly the scan will indeed show just what the little man is up too..lets just hope hes a lazy baby that just cant be bovered to move at the moment :) xx

thanks hun :) hes hb was between 134 to 163 so they was happy with that. hopfuly the scan will indeed show just what the little man is up too..lets just hope hes a lazy baby that just cant be bovered to move at the moment :) xx

Hi babydeabreu,

I've been reading your posts about your babies reduced movement and that you have been monitored today and booked in for a scan tomorrow. I hope you dont mind me saying that whilst your getting your scan tomorrow ask the sonograhper to do a doppler flow scan, this checks the blood flow through the placenta to baby.
I dont want to add to you concerns but what your going through happened to me last year , I lost my daughter at 38+3 weeks, I'd mentioned 4 times since I was 35 weeks that Katies movements had changed, ( very similar to what your noticing now) and I wasn't listened to, apart from the week before, they monitored Katie's heartbeat for 40 minutes and she appeared "sleepy, I was sent home. I know now she was showing signs of oxygin deprivation.
Again I really dont mean to frighten you, but just felt I couldn't not tell you, as I believe mothers to be should be more aware of what reduced or changed movement can mean.

I'm so glad you have a MW team that have listened to your concerns.

Take care

xmaggsx :hugs:

Maggsy :hugs: Its so hard to get the importance accross without people feeling we are scaring them (i dont mean you babydeabreu). I to want to add that just because his HB is perfect now doesnt mean a problem is not occuring!! Please be persistant.

Kasper's movements changed 2/3 weeks before he fell asleep... so its not always an over night thing :hugs:

xxx

Hi babydeabreu,

I've been reading your posts about your babies reduced movement and that you have been monitored today and booked in for a scan tomorrow. I hope you dont mind me saying that whilst your getting your scan tomorrow ask the sonograhper to do a doppler flow scan, this checks the blood flow through the placenta to baby.
I dont want to add to you concerns but what your going through happened to me last year , I lost my daughter at 38+3 weeks, I'd mentioned 4 times since I was 35 weeks that Katies movements had changed, ( very similar to what your noticing now) and I wasn't listened to, apart from the week before, they monitored Katie's heartbeat for 40 minutes and she appeared "sleepy, I was sent home. I know now she was showing signs of oxygin deprivation.
Again I really dont mean to frighten you, but just felt I couldn't not tell you, as I believe mothers to be should be more aware of what reduced or changed movement can mean.

Take care

jeazzz maggs im soo deeply sorry to hear what happened to your baby girl at 38+3 weeks that is the worst thing to ever happen. please dont apologize telling me your storie...you telling me could you never know could save hes life. im actually grateful you had the guts to tell me something so close to your heart. i appreciate things like this..if it can happen then it can happen to anyone. thank you so much i will indeed mention the "doppler flow scan" to the mw when i go in tomorrow ....

do you mind me asking did you find it hard to breath all the time??? did she move from side to side instead of kicking movements? when i was being monitored hb was fine pulse rate was fine but just no movements..there was black dots on the paper showing movement but i didnt feel kicking movements just every now and then he moves to a different side. normally you would feel some sort of arm or leg or something like kicking right?? i dont get none of that. :wacko: its been happening for the last 2weeks getting less and less...which is why they want to do a scan..so hopfuly it shows anything is fine :)

thanks again maggs means alot :hugs:xx

god maggs im well upset for you...im so touched by your storie.that must of been soo hard for you :) so brilliant that your back trying i hope you get your wish soon i really do :) xxxx

if i ask for the blood flow scan will they give it too me? what do they do to see the blood floor from the placenta? can they see in like a scan? xx

Hi babydeabreu,

Take care

jeazzz maggs im soo deeply sorry to hear what happened to your baby girl at 38+3 weeks that is the worst thing to ever happen. please dont apologize telling me your storie...you telling me could you never know could save hes life. im actually grateful you had the guts to tell me something so close to your heart. i appreciate things like this..if it can happen then it can happen to anyone. thank you so much i will indeed mention the "doppler flow scan" to the mw when i go in tomorrow ....

do you mind me asking did you find it hard to breath all the time??? did she move from side to side instead of kicking movements? when i was being monitored hb was fine pulse rate was fine but just no movements..there was black dots on the paper showing movement but i didnt feel kicking movements just every now and then he moves to a different side. normally you would feel some sort of arm or leg or something like kicking right?? i dont get none of that. :wacko: its been happening for the last 2weeks getting less and less...which is why they want to do a scan..so hopfuly it shows anything is fine :)

thanks again maggs means alot :hugs:xx

Katies movements went from really active kicks, to her rolling, like she was changing her position, then to small flutters only noticable when I lay still and concentrated. I have 2 boys also, and remember there kicks as being different, more pronounced as the pregnancy went on. I also read somewhere that we should feel babies movements more strongly towards the due date. Please dont let them fob you off with "baby is running out of room", or "baby is just getting ready to be born", this is what I was told, but I just didn't feel right. I'm glad you have found this helpful, please let us know how you and your little man get on.

xmagsx :hugs:

Babydeabreu,

I forgot to say that yes I did notice I was becoming breathless too x

The doppler scan takes a few minutes and it measures the amount of blood and oxygen being passed through the placenta to the baby. Insist they do it.

I will tell you a little of what happened with Kasper, he was born weighing 4lb 1oz (about average for 33 weeker (I was 35+6 the day I found out he had gone). All his measurements were consistant with 33 weeks aswell... at 33 weeks MW had my fundal height at above average. Kasper's kicks just stopped at about 33 weeks but I did get movements...kinda the pressure in my ribs etc like he was stretching but i definately didnt get kicks and big movements. The baby in my belly wriggles more already than kasper did between 35-36 weeks :-(

The should be able to tell if there is a problems with the placenta by babys size and the amount of waters around baby.

I would say if your still worried after the scan then keep pushing them :hugs:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->