• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

Thank you Xemmax and Jox for your replies and for sharing your experiences with me. I am very fortunate that I am now seeing my midwife every two weeks so once I get to 30 weeks if I am still struggling to feel regular movements I will mention it to her, in case further monitoring is required. Hopefully baby will soon settle into a little pattern that I can follow.

Once again, thanks ladies x

I had reduced movement with Chloe from about 30 weeks, I was told it was because I had an anterior placenta. At 32 weeks I got obstetric cholestasis and because of that and still having reduced movements I had daily monitoring and weekly scans.

When I was 34+5 I literally did not feel Chloe all day and although I'd still been monitored in the morning I went back in the evening too. They then admitted me on to the antenatal ward and was having twice daily monitoring. The evening I was 34+6 weeks they did the routine ctg and Chloe's heartbeat was about 80bpm and didn't recover so she was born by crash section under an hour later.

I thought she went into distress because my obstetric cholestasis was unable to be controlled, however when I went back for a debrief I was told the cord was extremely long and was wrapped ++ around her body and she was slowly being suffocated :cry: They said she probably would have died within a couple of hours if she hadn't been delivered. That is also the reason they think I had reduced movements too.

Haven't said this to scare anyone, more to say trust your instincts. If you are not happy with your baby's movements go and get it checked out. I was told time and time again that my baby was fine but I kept going back. Any everytime I went back the midwives and doctors were all lovely and didn't once make me feel I was wasting there time.

x

Your little fella really is keeping his mummy on her toes. I hope they do agree to induce you... its got to be best all round :hugs:

Im doing ok. Reasurred after scan and trace on thursday but still feel 'not right'... like with you... all tests show hes fine but i cant help worry his movements are reduced/changed for a reason?!?!?! Im keeping an eye on him... willl go back next week for another trace if i need to and then next growth scan on 12th august...

Just remember darling, Kaspers movements stopped/changed 2 1/2 weeks before he actually died so im sure for a good week or 2 his HB would of been normal too. THe only difference between us is Kasper had stopped growing aswell where as your LO is still growing well which is fantastic :hugs:

i hope your scan goes really well hun..having it done is the best thing to have when you've been through alot already..and the best thing is if ever you are worried you can always go get on the monitor to be reasured that your bubba is fine. i really do hope that your little one is just like mine and just cant be arse to move or sqqqueeeze round a tight space :)

i've been told today after being on the monitor and been internally examined that i will be induced on friday..i have to ring them up 8am to book me in on the day :wacko::wacko: eeekkk so looks like my little boy will be here sooner than 3 weeks :wacko: very scary but im just glad that hes doing ok and that he will be out so i can worrie about him even more lol :winkwink:
xxxx

Your little fella really is keeping his mummy on her toes. I hope they do agree to induce you... its got to be best all round :hugs:

Im doing ok. Reasurred after scan and trace on thursday but still feel 'not right'... like with you... all tests show hes fine but i cant help worry his movements are reduced/changed for a reason?!?!?! Im keeping an eye on him... willl go back next week for another trace if i need to and then next growth scan on 12th august...

Just remember darling, Kaspers movements stopped/changed 2 1/2 weeks before he actually died so im sure for a good week or 2 his HB would of been normal too. THe only difference between us is Kasper had stopped growing aswell where as your LO is still growing well which is fantastic :hugs:

i hope your scan goes really well hun..having it done is the best thing to have when you've been through alot already..and the best thing is if ever you are worried you can always go get on the monitor to be reasured that your bubba is fine. i really do hope that your little one is just like mine and just cant be arse to move or sqqqueeeze round a tight space :)

i've been told today after being on the monitor and been internally examined that i will be induced on friday..i have to ring them up 8am to book me in on the day :wacko::wacko: eeekkk so looks like my little boy will be here sooner than 3 weeks :wacko: very scary but im just glad that hes doing ok and that he will be out so i can worrie about him even more lol :winkwink:
xxxx

So glad theya re looking after you so well. i really cant wait to hear of his safe arrival :hugs:

In the meantime, if your worried... go back again. Are they seeing you before Friday??

:hugs: Good luck darling.

Will try and keep an eye out for your birth announcement!!!

xxx

xxxx

Hi babydeabreu,

I'm so glad you got checked and that they are looking after you, I just want to wish you all the very best for your induction on friday.

Take care :hugs:

xmagsx

So glad theya re looking after you so well. i really cant wait to hear of his safe arrival :hugs:

In the meantime, if your worried... go back again. Are they seeing you before Friday??

:hugs: Good luck darling.

Will try and keep an eye out for your birth announcement!!!

xxx

thanks jo really nice to have your support :hugs::hugs:

they told me if im worried of dont feel him move to go back down there..but untill then im just booked in for friday :)

what about you hun? do you have or will you go back down there? hows your little monkey been? moving move? less? feeling ok>?

magz

Hi babydeabreu,

I'm so glad you got checked and that they are looking after you, I just want to wish you all the very best for your induction on friday.

Take care

thanks maggs thats so kind of you :) xx

xmagsx

Thank you poppykat for telling your story and I am so glad you had a happy ending! To be honest, I do find it very scary but I need to know that I need to be extra vigilant given the fact that movements are more muffled for me. Thanks to you ladies I will make sure I am more aware of what is going on in there!

Best of luck for Friday babydeabreu.

Some information found about baby movements
Source: Babycentre

How many kicks should I feel each day?

While you are busy you will probably be less aware of the movements your baby is making. It's more likely you'll start to notice them when you sit down and relax.

Studies of fetal activity show that every baby has his or her own individual pattern of waking and sleeping inside the uterus -- there is no 'set' amount of kicks to expect -- but by late pregnancy you will probably have become tuned into your baby's pattern of movements.

I haven't felt my baby kick today, should I be worried?

If you are concentrating on something else, you may not have noticed your baby's movements. If you want some reassurance, here are some ways to encourage your baby to move:

• Lie down on your side (with support under your bump) and stay still
• Put your feet up and relax
• Play music to your stomach.

Not so long ago, women were advised to monitor their baby's movement with a fetal kick chart, where you kept a record of the times of the movements until you had noted ten kicks, hopefully by roughly the same time each day. But these charts are used less and less now as they were easy to forget about and the kick patterns didn't always match up, which caused unnecessary concern among women.

Midwife Sally Sago says, "The advice we give now is to get used to your baby's pattern during waking hours and if you feel there is a change in that pattern, inform your midwife straight away. If you are concerned we can check you out and reassure you immediately."

Some Mums/Midwifes advise an icey cold drink, ice lolly or fizzy drink to encourage movements. But of course still looking for reduced movements and taking note of the information given about patterns.

MY PERSONAL STORY

Always listen to your instincts

I had a code Red crash section 7 weeks early on 1st February.

I was experiencing reduced fetal movements ...I felt 'off colour' and 'flu like' and had very mild twinges with a hard feeling. Over a period of just several hours I never felt much but I still only felt some movements less than what I thought was right so I phoned the labour ward to get checked - and thank god I did. Within 3 minutes of arriving I heard the words 'Crash section' and 7 minutes later my daughter was born.

If I hadn't listened to my body or left it 'just another few hours' my daughter and me would not be here.

Many feel they are being silly or pestering professionals when they could be dealing with another but you are just as important DON'T feel like you are being silly or mithering - nomatter if things are ok with no problems found (great to be reassured) you should report concerns to the labour ward or your midwife.

Gosh keldac thank so so much for sharing your story its must have been so scary!

My little one wriggles so much if he has a 10 min break I get worried it is literally non stop.

About the babies heatbeat I read somewhere 130-150 was a good fetal heatbeat depending on if the baby was active or sleeping. My last mw appointment when listening for the baby she had a look of concern on her face, I put this down to him moving and making it difficult for her 'she can be a bit miserable' but then she said 'oh thats a bit slower, oh he must be sleeping, its ok'.:shrug:

When we got outside my husband said she made worry then the way she reacted to babies heartbeat, But as usual baby was on the move and everything felt normal to me.

I have another mw appointment on monday and I think I might ask her to check properly and tell her my concerns from last time. My baby is on the move now as a type away so I havent felt to concerned but there is no harm in double checking is there?

Thanks again for this thread, im glad everything turned out alright :hugs:

babydeabreu :wave: cant send you a PM but just wanted you to know Im thinking of you today and cant wait to here of the safe arrival of your Little Man.

:hugs: xxx

Hi ladies, I am new to this forum and am currently in this same situation where lo has reduced movements... My doctor is away on vacation and i called the on call and have not gotten a call back.. im just going to go in anyway.. Better safe than sorry

^
Ami, if you can't get through and you feel movements are reduced it is totally the right thing to do to go in. They won't mind and if nothing else, your mind will be put at ease. Good luck hun. :hugs:

Thanks Drazic her movements did pick up since going and all seems well. There is still a big change to me so I will just keep an eye on it and go back if i need 2..:shrug:

Sounds the best plan hun - Keep an eye and if it doesn't feel right to you then don't hesitate to go back. Do you do kick counts? Doing one or two during the day might help you notice the patterns more. Glad everything was fine at the hospital :)

I don't know whether I should call or not, I was only in for a sweep this morning and her heart rate was fine so it seems a bit silly. But I have had very little movement today, the odd light squiggle and that's it.

If you feel movements are reduced, then ring hun. You will only worry and that is what they are there for :hugs:

Just ring labour ward... tell them exactly what youve just said to us... that babys HB was fine this morning but now you havent felt her much and your not sure if you should be worried or not.... :hugs:

xxx

I don't understand why they say movements go down. I am now 37 weeks and if anything she has felt more active as she has started to 'run out of room' as I can see her move and am often getting feet or bum sticking out of me! Such a dangerous fallacy.

drazic... thats the point, they dont slow down. Movements in fact get bigger and stronger... because... baby is bigger and stronger!! They just become less sudden and more BIG rolls... enough to make you feel sick etc

xxx

Thanks hun, she is so busy now. She has hours of non stop wiggles and pushes. Less punches and kicks, but feet and hands rolling over my skin and sticking out. Hope little Beanie is doing well -x-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->