The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

god maggs im well upset for you...im so touched by your storie.that must of been soo hard for you :) so brilliant that your back trying i hope you get your wish soon i really do :) xxxx

if i ask for the blood flow scan will they give it too me? what do they do to see the blood floor from the placenta? can they see in like a scan? xx

Hi again, I'm not sure what they use for the procedure, I would imagine its similar to the scan they give you to check blood flow to the heart, I think it uses colour to highlight how the flow is going, and picks up any defficiences in the vessels carrying blood to your baby. I was told that if I'm lucky enough to be pregnant again, then they will give me this regularly to check the same thing isn't happening again.
When you ask, just tell them you have done some research and spoke to some other mothers who advised you, it cant hurt and remember its there job to help in any way.

xmagsx

i had a read through this thread after having a quiet baby yesterday and today. today i had barely felt him at all (though he had pushed his foot out a couple of times in response to loud music, etc) so i decided to call my midwife.

i went into labour suite and was monitored for half an hour. he was kicking away as soon as i was hooked up to the monitor and all was well with his movements and heartbeat.

however, i was measured by the doctor and my fundal height is 30cm now at 33 weeks so she decided to refer me for a growth scan because of reduced movements and small measurements. i can't express how glad i am that i went in, because although she said it is just a precaution, we will find out next week at the scan whether there are any problems.

they were lovely, told me i had done the right thing and that they want me in if the same happens again. i left feeling reasurred and glad that i will now get a scan to check on him as i have been worried about his growth due to fundal height measurements being behind. i never felt stupid for going in, the midwives and doctors were all very supportive and i am so, so glad i trusted my instincts, even though he was wriggling around as soon as i got on the bed. xx

Thank you for sharing all your experiences girls, it's heartbreaking and my love goes out to you. Like Emma, I have felt her less the last few hours and was sitting here ummm'ing and ahhh'ing. I have been in a few times for reduced movements and I worry - but reading this has reminded me that even if I am a bit of a pain in the arse, it's still the right thing to do. Will call MAU now, thank you :hugs:

hey jo..went to the baby unit again today had the monitor checks again..mw was happy with the results but just concerned of hes lack of movement so i have been booked in for a scan at 9.45 in the morning to check that he is indeed fine :)

hes been very quite so im glad that they are giving me a scan :) xx

Hope all went well with your scan.x

hey jo..went to the baby unit again today had the monitor checks again..mw was happy with the results but just concerned of hes lack of movement so i have been booked in for a scan at 9.45 in the morning to check that he is indeed fine :)

hey emma thanks for your worries :)

I had the scan done and was put on the monitor for 40minutes ..and it seems things are fine...but again cos of hes lack of movement ive been booked in for friday morning at 8.30am and to go again the following monday monring at 9.30am..ive been giving a movement chart to keep an eye on baby movements to shade off each time he moves/kickes etc...if hes still not moving as much as he should then ive been told i will be induced :wacko::wacko: xx

I had the scan done and was put on the monitor for 40minutes ..and it seems things are fine...but again cos of hes lack of movement ive been booked in for friday morning at 8.30am and to go again the following monday monring at 9.30am..ive been giving a movement chart to keep an eye on baby movements to shade off each time he moves/kickes etc...if hes still not moving as much as he should then ive been told i will be induced :wacko::wacko: xx

How did your scan go? did you see his measurements? is he measuring 36+ weeks? did they mention his est weight.

Im so glad they are keeping an eye on you BUT if your worried before friday go back.. dont wait :hugs:

xxx

I did go to MAU in the end yesterday, and as usual, the trace was 'borderline abnormal' as she didn't have many accelerations with movement. They say they arn't worried about this, as it hasn't changed and she has always been the same, but they finally sent me for a scan just in case. They did growth measurements, doppler scan and checked the placenta and all looks well. She has been hyper this morning so I think she just has cycles like this but they have still said to come back anytime I need to. Thanks girls :hugs:

So glad everything is ok Drazic :hugs:

xxx

How did your scan go? did you see his measurements? is he measuring 36+ weeks? did they mention his est weight.

Im so glad they are keeping an eye on you BUT if your worried before friday go back.. dont wait :hugs:

xxx

hey jo thanks for asking :)

The mw said that all hes measurements are just fine....Scan showing baby weighing 5lb so far. after i had the baby monitor done he seemed to be moving alot more than he has been..to the mw that was a good sign but she did say that 2 weeks of lack of movement isnt normal..he maybe moving alittle more but they are still concerned - hense i have to go back friday and monday. when she said the word induced jeaz i think i almost fainted..but hey if it makes my baby less in danager then almost 38 weeks to be induced isnt so bad right?

hope your well xxx

glad they are looking after you drazic and babydeabreu! x

xxx

The mw said that all hes measurements are just fine....Scan showing baby weighing 5lb so far. after i had the baby monitor done he seemed to be moving alot more than he has been..to the mw that was a good sign but she did say that 2 weeks of lack of movement isnt normal..he maybe moving alittle more but they are still concerned - hense i have to go back friday and monday. when she said the word induced jeaz i think i almost fainted..but hey if it makes my baby less in danager then almost 38 weeks to be induced isnt so bad right?

hope your well xxx

Im being induced with this LO at 38 weeks so its fine. At 37 weeks baby is classed as fully grown and after that point they just get abit fatter :)

Well had a scare of my own :-( Just havent been feeling right and had the familiar feeling from when i was preg with kasper :-( Took myself to hosp. Beanie has been scanned and monitored and all is looking perfect. He is estimated at weighing 3lb now!! at 28 weeks!!! :cloud9:

Babydeabreu - im glad they are still monitoring as your right, it isnt normal. Like i said tho, if you feel you need to go back before friday then do so :hugs: Cant wait to hear of the safe arrival of your little man :hugs:

xxx

xxx

hope your well xxx

Im being induced with this LO at 38 weeks so its fine. At 37 weeks baby is classed as fully grown and after that point they just get abit fatter :)

Well had a scare of my own :-( Just havent been feeling right and had the familiar feeling from when i was preg with kasper :-( Took myself to hosp. Beanie has been scanned and monitored and all is looking perfect. He is estimated at weighing 3lb now!! at 28 weeks!!! :cloud9:

Babydeabreu - im glad they are still monitoring as your right, it isnt normal. Like i said tho, if you feel you need to go back before friday then do so :hugs: Cant wait to hear of the safe arrival of your little man :hugs:

xxx

oh god seems our little ones just like to worrie us hun :wacko: glad that you also had a check and that everything seemed ok...3lb at 28weeks aww hes a healthy one that is indeed very good. do you feel better now that you've been checked and baby seems fine? how was you feeling that you went to get monitored hun? hope your alot better now :)

im lookiong forward to going back tomorrow at 8.30 to be checked over again as its always in my mine now..so knowing hes fine is just a big relief :hugs: xx

He is still quite quiet compared to usual but with Kasper he stopped growing a few weeks before he died so it just means so much to know this LO is still growing perfectly. It was nice being on monitoring, hearing his HB so steady. He wriggled a fair bit but then went to sleep :dohh: so ended up on it for about 45 minutes.

The only problem i have and unfortunately have to live with is i know just coz all is find today doesnt necessarily mean it will be fine tomorrow iykwim

MW told me to get rid of my own doppler and just purely go on movements and if your worried.. CALL!!

She was the MW who couldnt find Kasper HB the day we found out he had gone so she is very understanding. She said she is happy for me to go everyday if i need to.

Good luck for the morning... keep me posted!! xxx

aww thats so lovely to have an undertsnding reasuring mw..nothing better than someone who kows you, makes things that bit less streesfull dont you think xx:)

ill let you know how i get on tomorrow xxx

:thumbup:Glad to hear all went well and that they are goin to keep a close eye on you. Like Jox said your already full term at 38 weeks so if they decide to induce you thats ok.

Well had a scare of my own Just havent been feeling right and had the familiar feeling from when i was preg with kasper Took myself to hosp. Beanie has been scanned and monitored and all is looking perfect. He is estimated at weighing 3lb now!! at 28 weeks!!!
:hugs: glad all is well with your lo, and 3lb at 28 weeks that sounds a good weight! These babies really do like to cause worry.

Babydeabreu, glad they are looking after you and making you feel reassured.

Jox, so glad everything is fine - Sending :hugs:

thanks for caring and being so supportive on me girls..you dont no how much it helps and how much it means to have a little support from you all :)

so to day i had another monitoring checkup...which today wasnt as good as the other days as he wasnt moving what so ever....you know normally you get the little black dots to show hes movements well there was none on show :( i was put on there for over an hour to keep an eye on him. god why are boys so much hard work..if its not my dad its my partner if not him its now my little boy lol greaaattt you gota love boys/men eh :)

so anywayz.....mw gave me some water after about 3 minutes hes started showing movements..the cold water must have slapped him in the face telling him to wake the hell up little bugga :) so mw was happy after that.....told me to come back if theres any worries, problems that they are there all night...which was nice. gotta go back monday for same thing...and to be told whether or not i will be induced eeeeeekkk :) i just told my mum she was happy because that means i may be giving birth on her birthday (6th august) tipical mothers eh lol i just hope my little man is ok..even tho the scan went well all these check ups are going welll...i just hope hes lack of movements are just him being a man lol i really do hope :)

thanks again for caring and being here...its so nice to know others are or have gone through the same...its like a big cuddle just in words :) thanks girls xxx

how you getting on jo? xxx

Hi ladies, I am just joining 3rd tri and have just read through (some of) this thread for the first time. I just have to say I am so sorry to hear of the losses some of you have had to endure. It is truly heartbreaking but the fact that you have come back on here to help others is such a wonderful thing to do as I am sure you have helped saved a few little ones by encouraging mums to get checked out sooner rather than later :hugs:

And to those who are busy being monitored, I hope all goes well and you soon have your little ones in your arms.

I would just like to ask, has anyone any experience of monitoring fetal movements with an anterior placenta? Mine is high (which is a good thing apparently) but that does mean I never feel movements around the middle or top of my bump so unless baby kicks to the sides or very low down, I feel nothing. This is my second (although it is with a 20 year age gap so I have forgotten a lot from my previous pregnancy) and I know I feel a lot less movement than I did with my first, which I guess is due to the placenta being in the way. Does anyone have any advice on this please?

Hi ladies, I am just joining 3rd tri and have just read through (some of) this thread for the first time. I just have to say I am so sorry to hear of the losses some of you have had to endure. It is truly heartbreaking but the fact that you have come back on here to help others is such a wonderful thing to do as I am sure you have helped saved a few little ones by encouraging mums to get checked out sooner rather than later :hugs:

And to those who are busy being monitored, I hope all goes well and you soon have your little ones in your arms.

I would just like to ask, has anyone any experience of monitoring fetal movements with an anterior placenta? Mine is high (which is a good thing apparently) but that does mean I never feel movements around the middle or top of my bump so unless baby kicks to the sides or very low down, I feel nothing. This is my second (although it is with a 20 year age gap so I have forgotten a lot from my previous pregnancy) and I know I feel a lot less movement than I did with my first, which I guess is due to the placenta being in the way. Does anyone have any advice on this please?

hi hun, just wanted to say that i have an anterior placenta too, and i have a kind of "black spot" over my bump where i don't ever feel kicks. by now, i can feel them with my hand over my bump though, but can't feel them internally (which is an odd feeling). my baby was breech until 29 weeks (like yours may be if you're getting kicks low down?) but since turning i've been getting lots of movement in my ribs and higher up. since about 29 weeks i've had a definite pattern of constant movements at the sides/top so when i had reduced movement the other day and went in for monitoring, the midwife didn't even question that the placenta could be responsible. however if i'm honest, at 26 weeks my baby's position sometimes made it difficult to feel but i could usually get him to move if i changed position etc. xx

thanks for caring and being so supportive on me girls..you dont no how much it helps and how much it means to have a little support from you all :)

so to day i had another monitoring checkup...which today wasnt as good as the other days as he wasnt moving what so ever....you know normally you get the little black dots to show hes movements well there was none on show :( i was put on there for over an hour to keep an eye on him. god why are boys so much hard work..if its not my dad its my partner if not him its now my little boy lol greaaattt you gota love boys/men eh :)

so anywayz.....mw gave me some water after about 3 minutes hes started showing movements..the cold water must have slapped him in the face telling him to wake the hell up little bugga :) so mw was happy after that.....told me to come back if theres any worries, problems that they are there all night...which was nice. gotta go back monday for same thing...and to be told whether or not i will be induced eeeeeekkk :) i just told my mum she was happy because that means i may be giving birth on her birthday (6th august) tipical mothers eh lol i just hope my little man is ok..even tho the scan went well all these check ups are going welll...i just hope hes lack of movements are just him being a man lol i really do hope :)

thanks again for caring and being here...its so nice to know others are or have gone through the same...its like a big cuddle just in words :) thanks girls xxx

how you getting on jo? xxx

Your little fella really is keeping his mummy on her toes. I hope they do agree to induce you... its got to be best all round :hugs:

Im doing ok. Reasurred after scan and trace on thursday but still feel 'not right'... like with you... all tests show hes fine but i cant help worry his movements are reduced/changed for a reason?!?!?! Im keeping an eye on him... willl go back next week for another trace if i need to and then next growth scan on 12th august...

Just remember darling, Kaspers movements stopped/changed 2 1/2 weeks before he actually died so im sure for a good week or 2 his HB would of been normal too. THe only difference between us is Kasper had stopped growing aswell where as your LO is still growing well which is fantastic :hugs:

Cocobelle - i had an anterior placenta with Kasper, he was my first so to me everything wsas 'normal' (of course until his movements stopped). You should still be able to identify a pattern in your LO's movements so i would say to focus on that :hugs:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->