The Lovely Looney Great Pretenders

One born every min was the turning point for my OH too, See they do get broody deep down they just dont admit it! lol. a whole series today - you will be full of broodiness by the end. i shed many a tear watching that.

Yup 1 day till Ov although im pretty sure i ov yeterday. Why do the tickers say you OV on CD15 when normally its 14. mine seems to be between day 12 and 14 normally.

My OH wants a dog but i dont like dogs - they scare me!! Im sure he will get his way if we ever buy a house. Bit difficult in an apartment i think.

My OH desperately wants a dog too, but we rent and can't seem to find anywhere that will allow us to have pets (we sneak our current pets in :haha: but a dog would be a bit more difficult to hide!) We are keeping our eyes open though, as I like the idea of LO growing up with a puppy.

OBEM was really good, but pushed me towards wanting a homebirth - much too much uneccessary intervention with a hospital birth for my liking. So we'll be hiring a birth pool and doing it in the front room!

omg home birth? argh! we have a birth centre near here where they have no beds, only pools any funyn mattress thingys... and a pull down double bed for bonding after birth - i'll be using that!

lisa - you - you---- dirty birty!

OH would like LO to grow up with a dog as well. He think thats why im scared of them as i never had a dog around when i was growing up. I do agree in a way - just cant be doing with all the slobber - yak!

Oh no - i couldnt do a home birth - the neighbours would hear everything lol

where is that mush?? never heard of it. You think your going to want to bond after birth lmao u r the dirty birty!

I'd love to have a home birth, but I'd be scared of something going wrong I think!

OBEM was so good, OH was also fascinated I think it impacted on him a lot too! Prepare to cry I did a lot! xx

I've got a dog! She's 18 months old... chocolate springer/lab cross! Total nutter and pain in the arse! But after spending an evening without her before holiday we both realised how much fun she brings to the house!!

I don't know if I'd like a home birth, I'm such a pansy I'm gonna suffer BIG TIME and I don't think I'd like my living room to remind me of the 'trauma' every time I sat down with a cuppa to watch Corrie :rofl:

where is that mush?? never heard of it. You think your going to want to bond after birth lmao u r the dirty birty!

hahahah for you and OH to cuddle baby - pervert!

its at city hosp - its called the serenity suite - went for a tour and OMG perfect...

5 individual rooms, all with ensuite shower room... all medical stuff is hidden - even Gas and air... they have big ass flat screen tvs in each room that you can plug the ipod into... umm what eles - oooh visitors room with freeview... a full kitchen you help yourself too and an outside garden/patio area.

all decorated like "home"

lol well thats what i thought when i read it but then you said you would be using it lol. i thought you meant for rudies :haha:

oooo i didnt know that.It sounds Amazing!! You must have to pay for a service like that though?

Danielle, there is a homebirthers and hopefuls thread in the groups, have a look at it when you get your :bfp: (which will be soon - PMA!). The ladies in there have gone through all the ins and outs of what would happen if something went wrong, and it boils down to the fact that something could go wrong no matter where you are, and if it does there will be enough warning signs to get you blue-lighted in. Obviously it's a very personal choice, but if it is something you would love to be able to do, that might persuade you :thumbup:

I'm not really bothered about the neighbours hearing as I think I'll do a bit of hypno-birthing, so shouldn't be too loud :haha: But if I am, sod it! We've put up with enough noise from our neighbours, be a good chance to get them back :rofl: I'm more worried about our parents and close friends being against it and looking down on me for it :nope:

Mush, if we had a decent birthing centre here, I would probably use that instead, but we don't, and hospital is just way too uptight for me - too timetabled and detracts too much from your instincts I think. We were all made to have babies IMO... we all got a bit of primal in there!

Lovehearts, I think it's you that is the dirty birty! I read Mush's bonding comment as completely innocent, you must be the one with the dirty mind!

oooo i didnt know that.It sounds Amazing!! You must have to pay for a service like that though?

nope - All NHS! you have to be low risk and not want an epidural as its not medical - but yif yuo choose city, they auto put you for the suite!

will find a link

Mush that sounds like one half of our new birthing centre at the hospital I work at, it's just incredible!! If I give birth in hospital it will be here. Only thing I'm a little nervous of is this purple chair called the Birth Rite Studio... Google it!!!

https://www.swbh.nhs.uk/index.php?o...ty-birth-centre&catid=72:maternity&Itemid=734

ooh i dunno - bit scared to google it now!

No NO - don't like it - I'd feel a bit violated! lol its like you're sat on an aliens lap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->