The LTTTC thread for everyone.

Gosh... got so excited for you, Milty, forgot to fill you in on my last two months...

So sorry for being MIA. I ended up having a really bad reaction to some antiboitics at the end of November that my stomach decided it wasn't going to hold any food. I've been crazy sick since. I've lost 16 lbs (I was only 134 to start with) and am still super weak, tired and dizzy. I'm better now, and off the Nexium meds (acid reducers). Doctors told me to "grin and bear it" for now. Nice...

So on a TTC front, not much going on... Still nothing! Am going to be 43 on Feb. 7th (big sad sigh) and feeling like my chances just went down another notch. Am feeling a bit more encouraged though. Milty's amazing news was exactly what this skinny, old lady needed to hear....!!!

Love to y'all!! Have missed you greatly...

Milty, sounds like your detective work paid off! I'm sure that FRER will get dark soon enough. FRERs really don't seem to be as sensitive as they used to be, but the Wondfo's are definitely on it!

More4Mom, glad you're feeling better now. I know what you mean about birthdays. I don't mind getting older if it weren't for the fact I'm still trying to get pregnant.

Alison, wow you are lucky you only had to do one Clomid cycle. I was so worried that they were going to make me do another cycle or two before doing anything else. I had spoken with the nurse after cycle #2, and they were still telling me about having only a 20% chance of success each cycle. It's so frustrating when you know that something's wrong but no one takes you seriously.

Hey... what's with nettle tea???

And has anyone ever heard of licorice root or licorice root tea for TTC?

I've been taking licorice root for a month now for my stomach (helps manage acid, pain and burn). I have noticed that CM has increased quite a bit too, which is good for me.

I have heard of drinking it for TTC and it being good for CM but I don't know much more.

Nettle Leaf
The Health Benefits of Organic Nettle Leaf

Nettle has been evaluated for antioxidant activity, its resistance to microorganisms, and other common, as well as serious, health ailments. The Department of Nutritional Sciences & Toxicology, University of California, Berkeley evaluated separate components of the nettle plant (roots, stalk, leaves) and discovered overall potent inflammation resistance activity throughout.

Further evidence of inflammation resistance was determined by Università di Pisa in Italy. Researchers concluded nettle had a vasorelaxing effect that produced a decrease in blood pressure

Nettle Leaf Benefits

Nettles are also found in many tisanes, or herbal teas. In particular, nettle leaves are often found in teas that promote healthy pregnancy, as they are thought to provide many health benefits to both the expectant mother and her fetus. Many women drink nettle leaf tea late in their pregnancy to help prepare their bodies for labor.

Nettle leaves are prized for their high concentration of calcium, chlorophyl, iron, zinc, chromium, magnesium, and vitamins A, C, D, and K. Nettles leaves are also thought to have many beneficial anti-inflammatory properties. They are thought to help reduce inflammation in the urinary tract. Many people believe that nettles are a diuretic, helping to cleanse and improve bladder and kidney functions. Additionally, many men use nettle leaf to help reduce inflammation in the prostate.

Nettles have also been used to help combat common allergies such as hay fever. Studies have shown that nettles have antihistamine properties that may help reduce allergic symptoms such as sneezing and itching. Nettles may also help reduce certain skin inflammations such as eczema.

Ok so I think everyone knows but just incase ....I did have another miscarriage last Wed. I did however get further than I had so it was a good sign.

I've been back ad forth to the doc and she is developing a new plan for me.

She really looked at the info I had from Aug. forward and thinks I am on to something.

So the Progestrone really does keep my overies calmed down and the Vit B complex helps me O a bit later. Combined I'm getting better eggs I guess since they are getting fertilized and trying to implant.

She has added pregnitude to my supplements. Most often it's used for PCOS but she says it improves egg quality and therefore implantation. It is also part of the B Vit family somehow.

I've tried researching it but all I come up with is PCOS info.

She also raised my DHEA dose, put me back on baby Asprin and has me on Progestrone during LP. So we will see.

Ok I suck at researching stuff...

DH found this in like 2 clicks

https://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art18661.asp

Milty, so sorry about the miscarriage. :hugs::hugs: Still, it is invaluable to know that your eggs are getting fertilized and trying to implant. I got a clear, but light positive HPT at 8 dpo last cycle, and I've been haunted wondering if it was a true bfp or just a false positive. I wish I had been able to get a beta like you because then I would have more of a clue of what is happening. At this point I'm just guesing

I'm so happy the progesterone is working for you. Is Pregnitude similar to FertilAid?? Do you get your progesterone levels checked and do you think that has anything to do with why your eggs aren't sticking?

I've been reading a lot about progesterone these days because of these stupid cysts I'm having. I am really sick of these cysts and want them gone. I am positive that whatever is causing these persistent cysts is the root cause of my infertility. I've been taking Fertilaid because it has Vitex in it which is supposed to help naturally increase progesterone. I don't have any of the symptoms of low progesterone other than the cysts, but I'm willing to try anything.

My Progestrone actually test good but it does help me have a lower Folicle count. Also my doc thinks it coulnt hurt.

Pregnitude is different. It is just Myo Inositol and folic acid. It's pretty new here in the US. It's been used a lot for PCOS and has helped with it. However, in studies it has helped with egg quality in IVF trials. Specifically it works on maturing your eggs.

I haven't found much on it outside PCOS info. I have only seen studies not actual stories on non PCOS patients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"