!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

I try to eat fruit & yogurts instead of my usual biscuits & cheese n goodies! and try to drink more (which I suck at!) because it's really easy to confuse thirst for hunger apparently. I used to be so good about drinking with every feed & now I just forget! :dohh:

I let myself have a small (about 3 squares) amount of choc a day. I quite look forward to it so I wait utnil I really want it and it tastes soooo much better!!!! I also try to keep slices of fruit and veg in the fridge so I can pick on that rather than rubbish!

I was wondering if anyone had any fave recipes that are low fat they wanted to share? I have one for chilli
Fry 1 whole onion (sliced) and 2 garlic cloves (minced) in fry light (spray oil). Add lean mince and cook until starting to brown. Add red chilli (I use lazy chilli cos I am!) and chilli powder to taste. Add salt and pepper, cinammon stick and bay leaf. Stir in 1 can of chopped tomatoes, 3 squeezes of tomato puree and half pint of beef stock. Cook until it starts to thicken and add in a tin of kidney beans. Keep cooking ..... until done! When I did Slimming world - this was syn free!! Unless you had it with rice - you were allowed a small portion of rice for about 5syns (your allowed 15syns a day)
and rissotto
Fry 1 whole onion (sliced) and 2 garlic cloves (minced) in fry light. Add 1 courgette, 2 peppers (all sliced/chopped up). Ad in 250g of rissotto rice and fry until the rice starts to crack. Prepare 750ml of stock (I use a chicken oxo cube and a teaspoon od chicken bovril) and pur in about 100ml now. Stir - keep an eye on it until the liquid has been soaked up. Add in chopped mushrooms and another 100ml stock. Keep stiring until the stock has soaked in and add another 100ml - kep doing this until all 750ml stock has gone. You can stir in more than 100ml at a time if you want, but it is better to do it slowly. To make it creamy, I tend to stir in 2 tablespoons of Quark cheese right at the end. You can use whatever veg you want and can also add meat/fish if you want. This recipe was also free on SW - it would have syns in if you added meat.

OMG I lurrrrrrrve Risotto thanks!

I also dont deny myself choc or chips etc.... just have a small amount!

I eat yoghurt and fruit too for munchies instead of the dreaded hob nobs and cheese on toast!

hi :hi:
do you mind if i join, i currently weigh 136lbs and i want to get back down to my pre-preg weight of 128lbs - i know i dont have much to lose but i seem to have lost ALL of my will power (ive started putting weight on:cry:)

I need someone to kick me up the ass and stop me eating chocolate and the leftovers of my daughters tea:dohh:

Thanks for the replies! Also how do you loose weight? Just healthy eating and exercise or do you count calories? How many calories a day do you have? xx

Hi girls, I want to loose my baby weight (plus a little more) but because of feeding I'm constantly hungry! Can I just ask what you all do about the 'feeding munchies'? xxx

I keep lots of fruits and veggies on hand for snacks during the day.

As for my weight loss, I am going to the gym doing heavy weight lifting and cardio and watching what I eat. I have no idea how many calories I'm eating, probably in the 1500-1800/day range.

I'm not eating any differently to lose weight, just doing an hour of cardio and 45 minute walks every day. :thumbup:

I might start adding in some weights soon. I just have a weight bench and barbells but I've been reading it helps burn calories faster during cardio if you lift weights first. Anyone know if there is truth to this?!

I'm not eating any differently to lose weight, just doing an hour of cardio and 45 minute walks every day. :thumbup:

I might start adding in some weights soon. I just have a weight bench and barbells but I've been reading it helps burn calories faster during cardio if you lift weights first. Anyone know if there is truth to this?!

I had a trainer on and off for 3 years prior to getting pregnant and he was also big on lifting before cardio and apparently it is true. I have been continuing to do this and I'm sure it would work wonders if I could just stop eating so much crap *LOL*

I'm calorie counting, about 1800 a day & it seems to be working for me. I don't deny myself anything, but I'm really trying hard with portion size control.

Cleckner I watched a documentary and cardio burns while you do it, weights etc burns still overnight and morning, so prob true!

Cleckner I watched a documentary and cardio burns while you do it, weights etc burns still overnight and morning, so prob true!

Also, the higher your muscle mass, the more calories you burn. Even when standing still, if you have more muscle, you burn more calories.

So I need to bring the weight bench from the garage up into my workout room. :haha: I wish I had an actual weight machine. Like a bowflex or something...

I haven't been on in a while.
I was moving and such.
I decided not to weigh myself on Friday, I knew i didn't want to see the number
I have been VERY bad.
On friday I will weigh myself again.

Congrats to all the ladies that had weight lost on friday :)

Clekner - that is definitely true! I had a trainer at my gym and was doing an hour cardio then a body pump (weighs and cardio combined) class. The only thing is that weightloss will slow down as you loose fat but gain muscle. Might be worth measuring your waist. hips, arms and legs for a more accurate record of loss?

I weighed myself this morning .... managed to lose 5lbs!!! I think it may be still baby weight as LO is only 2months old today. Anyway, 5lbs closer!!!

CeriB well done!

I seem to have gaioned a pound over night, must be good today!!!! :grr: going for a long walk!

Hey girls, haven't had internet in months, had to do it all via crappy phones, so missed bnb loads!! I got weighed today and i'm at 154 lbs so lost 2 lbs!! Although, I think it's more because Ollie hasn't had booby in 2 days, so my boobs were all full of milk, and they weighed a tonne!! lol, and now I have a massive bandage on my leg, so I'll weigh myself when the bandage is off and my boobs are empty just to make sure!! x

Is it really possible to gain 2 pound overnight because I binged on a chinese and had tonnes carbs :( ??

It is. I gained 5lbs overnight a while ago. Not sure why, because I didn't eat much the day before. I put it down to just being part of my cycle, because I lost it shortly, when AF started.

OMG am gutted, hoping its fluid retention too cos of the salt in the chinese :shrug: ??

Just been for a long walk and had loads of water and fruit. Stew for tea!

Yup definitely possible jms. But I bet if you are good today, it'll come right back off for you. :flower:

Jellybeann Hi!! :wave: I'll go update the front now. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->