~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Sam, with my weenotions I find that I fold a BG insert in half, rather than on the popper setting, and then put it in the middle of the nappy, so it's inbetween his legs, rather than at the front as I find it too bulky and the inside of the nappy isn't contained properly.

Thats a good idea! ill give that a go today! :thumbup:

TBH I feel preggo like I did with Mr Pants but is it all in my head cause I want it? :hissy:

i can remember the months of TTC and i could swear i was pregnant almost every cycle :rofl: the power of your mind aye ;)

I must admit the cycle i did actually get pregnant i was just eating as a horse as in twice as much as DH LOL so i knew something was up!

Yay i used one of the BG v3 pockets with success.. it contained his explosion poo LOL, i didnt end up doubling the insert and still had the fold in the front though i put the fold on the inside and not outside..

It is still a bit big on him and some of the poo ended up on the inside of the legs but not outside of the diaper YAY :wohoo:

i didnt leave it on to long either, changed it about 10 min after i heard him poop (yes yuo can definitely hear him!)

That reminds me,

Cole seems to have heaps of wind and generally is really uncomfortable and crying when he needs to poo..

Im doing my best burping him as much as possible and ive started using gripe water but it hasnt made a difference really.. ive been using it since 2-3 days now.. do i still give it to him and wait it out or should i start looking at other stuff?

Is there some other tips to relief him, it's hart breaking to see him struggle

Ohh and im pretty sure he is not constipated, he still does poo's though i hear him fart a lot too

And i am not eating anything out of the ordinary either.. :(

Aw that's great hun! We've had many explosions that have gone all up his back, down his legs :sick:

I felt preggo every cycle :haha:, but there was something different about the one that we conceived, I woke up and just got struck by this feeling of "I'm preggo"

That reminds me,

Cole seems to have heaps of wind and generally is really uncomfortable and crying when he needs to poo..

Im doing my best burping him as much as possible and ive started using gripe water but it hasnt made a difference really.. ive been using it since 2-3 days now.. do i still give it to him and wait it out or should i start looking at other stuff?

Ohh and im pretty sure he is not constipated, he still does poo's though i hear him fart a lot too

I never found Gripe Water any help, we have something here in the UK called Infacol, which worked a bit better, but the best thing I found was doing the tiger in a tree position, so he had a nice straight back or laying him across my knees and patting his bum instead of his back.

When you wind do you pat and rub or one or the other? I've always done a combo of both as I find a bit of both works better than just one x

That reminds me,

I never found Gripe Water any help, we have something here in the UK called Infacol, which worked a bit better, but the best thing I found was doing the tiger in a tree position, so he had a nice straight back or laying him across my knees and patting his bum instead of his back.

When you wind do you pat and rub or one or the other? I've always done a combo of both as I find a bit of both works better than just one x

They have got Colief here i think, though i think it is not recommended before 4 weeks..

I generally sit him up straight rub his back and then put him on my chest , lean back and do a combo of rubbing and patting..

I must confess i have no idea if im doing it all right, the sitting thing is what the midwife's at hospital showed me..
Sometimes i get one or two burps out of him, sometimes nothing though.. :shrug:

aww hun, i hear ya about the wind..... Daisy is a VERY windy baby mostly bottom burps but we sometimes manage to get some up and when they come they are AMAZING!!!! LOL

i would try what Jayleigh Anne said - i always find that gets her wind up, or try (sounds brutal) holding him under the arms and letting his legs dangle and giving him a little wiggle side to side so he is all stretched out - that works 99% of time with us too:thumbup: :hugs:

Freya has always had LOADS of wind, she used to do a massive burp after every oz of milk, and then loads at the end of a feed, she still spends most of her day burping and farting now :dohh:

When she was little once of the best things we used to do was to get her hands and stretch them above her head so her arms were straight, we called it 'the moose' as she used to open and close her hands like little antlers! :lol: But there was also loads of patting, rubbing, walking up and down patting, belly on the arm, etc etc. We used pretty much everything!

yeah im at it with all the different positions and stretches and then i give up lol.. ussually he then does a little spit about 20 min later :dohh:

it's only when he needs to do a poo that his face tirns all red and he starts to get grizzly and scream :( Once he managed to do his business he is fine again..

I think alot of babies are like that when they need to poo :( Tabs used to cry for ages until she did but nothing i could do, i tried bending her legs and things....:hugs: When she was older i used orange juice and sugar water which did it but obv no help for now :hugs:

owell just one of those things i guess :)
midwife is coming over today so ill ask her about it, maybe she's got some hidden trick LOL

got the breastpump finally but it's not working very good for me..i think ll have to keep a look out for a manual one or something.. arghh i was hoping for some relief... for Dh to be able to take the 3AM feed of my hand on Saturday.. seems i was a little to optimistic :dohh:

I asked mine but she gave me bugger all advice :shrug: Hope yours is better :)

Mine told me BF babies don't get wind...she was a fool!

:shock: Sure she was qualified?

Sofia had awful wind, used to make her scream and scream. Now she farts a lot, I can hardly ever bring up her burps anymore but normally she does it herself if I sit her down after feeding.. not much help to you though Sam, sorry!

Has anyone heard from Laura?

no not heard from her Henny...ope she is ok - anyone got her moby number??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->