~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

okay , How many do you think are a good start if you aren't an addict :haha:

24 is a good number for washing daily as a newborn or every other day when a little bit older. Assuming all your nappies can dry in 24 hours or less.

I think if I use mainly fitteds or similar ones that should be possible- my clothes normally dry within a day even inside.

Don't actually cloth diaper yet, (as only pregnant with first), but I really really want to. I have a few issues such as (1) convincing DH this is the best idea...his best friend who's wife just had a baby said, "yeah we considered cloth diapering but decided against it" with no real reasoning behind the statement, so now DH won't really consider it. I need a really good reason to bring him around to it. (2) Do any of you know if daycares will accept cloth diapers? I haven't even started calling daycares yet as it's so early, but I have a feeling they are going to say disposables only. If this is the case would you choose to cloth diaper at home and send to daycare in disposable? (I don't have a choice about daycare, I will sadly have to go back to work).

Most decent carers should follow your wishes.

Ours include nappies in the price so by us sending the cloth, they are actually making a saving! :haha:

You need to think about why you want to do it and whether your hubby is likely to share your motivators.

My hubby doesn't give a stuff about saving the planet but he was pleased not to add to landfill and having "natural" stuff on Leila's bottom were what appealed to him.

xXx

Hehe Poor little L the alien :haha:
Congrats, he's absolutely beautiful. love the pics on FB.

Don't actually cloth diaper yet, (as only pregnant with first), but I really really want to. I have a few issues such as (1) convincing DH this is the best idea...his best friend who's wife just had a baby said, "yeah we considered cloth diapering but decided against it" with no real reasoning behind the statement, so now DH won't really consider it. I need a really good reason to bring him around to it. (2) Do any of you know if daycares will accept cloth diapers? I haven't even started calling daycares yet as it's so early, but I have a feeling they are going to say disposables only. If this is the case would you choose to cloth diaper at home and send to daycare in disposable? (I don't have a choice about daycare, I will sadly have to go back to work).

I never thought that a nursery would refuse cloth :shrug: Don't know if things are different where you are, but here I think most nurseries will take them. I do only send "easy" nappies to nursery ie AIOs or pockets that fasten with aplix (velcro), so all they have to do is take them on and off like a disposable and instead of throwing they put in my wetbag for me to take home. I can't believe the would refuse to use what essentially for them would be the same work as a disposable.

Loads of nurseries in my area use cloth as well, in fact the first time I ever saw a cloth nappy was at a nursery I worked at, they used cloth for all the children (unless parents asked for disposables in which case they provided their own) and washed them themselves.

I am sure you will find one no problem, just ring around and explain how easy they are for them, no extra work etc. and offer to show them if they are not sure.

My poor little man has blisters and infection on his Willy :-( so now bk to eco disposable with antibiotic cream to try and sort it out. Think may have been from the cheap basic Sainsbury nappies my oh brought when I was ill. As never had a prob like this before I am also strip washing cloth using washing up liquid

I think I am an addict already :rofl: I haven't got any fluff yet but I have at least 30 different bookmarks to different brands and types and styles of nappy even If I only need 3 or 4 different styles to start with . Oh dear.

My poor little man has blisters and infection on his Willy :-( so now bk to eco disposable with antibiotic cream to try and sort it out. Think may have been from the cheap basic Sainsbury nappies my oh brought when I was ill. As never had a prob like this before I am also strip washing cloth using washing up liquid

oh no poor little man, I hope it heals up soon :hugs:

SleepingBubs: my son has had a simlar thing as well and i found giving him naked time the most helpful for healing it. Sorry for spelling mistakes still adjusting to typing one handed :haha:

Woop just ordered Skyes personalised Wee Notions took me ages to decide what to do and eventually went back to my first idea :rofl:

Does anybody else struggle with negative comments about Their choices? I let my mil (who never cloth bummed and ff) and my mum (who used terries and breastfed) talk me out of a lot of choices when I was pregnant with my first and he was tiny. I wanted to use cloth but the convinced me it was really hard and I wouldn't manage, I struggled to breastfeeding due to his reflux and ended up with no supply at 4 months because I was topping up on mils advice, and this time I know I'm going to do things my way. I've showed my mum the modern cloth and she's quite impressed, but mil isn't interested, she thinks I'm being 'silly'. I plan to get as much support as I can with bf this time and want to go for a lot longer as I really enjoyed it. The only thing I struggle with my mum with is babywearing. She wore me and I wore Lucas in what I later realised was a crotch dangler which killed my back. Now I do have nasty spd and a weak back when I'm not pregnant but I'm trying to explain that I'm not buying a double buggy until I've given babywearing a go! Lucas goes in a pushchair and most likely still will when new baby arrives but I want to try a stretchy sling for the newborn- is this reasonable with a dodgy back? my mum seems to think I won't be able to.

I'm fed up with doubting my decisions - I end up questioning whether cloth is for us and if I will be able to carry baby and not use a double... Sorry for the rant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->