The NEVER had a BFP thread. Lets stick together ladies!

Lunaaaaa have u tested again? I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Welcome to the newbies on here!

Min- I totally agree with your rant!! People just don't understand! My mom says the same thing to me and its aggravating!

I started my clomid today.... This will be the first cycle since my surgery that I've tried it so I'm pretty optimistic... I'll know oct 2 if any of my follicles matured enough! If they don't ill be devastated! Anywho...

Sharris...are you using the fertility friend app? I think that one is the best...

Can I just check.... when people mention vitamins, what sort do you mean. I understand the need for folic acid, but was concerned the others were just money making... is there something proven to work?

On another note, I was at a christening today and there were babies everywhere. My mother in law turned to my husband and I and said you two will be getting broody. We tried to shrug it off, but she pushed and then asked each of us indivudually. I know it's wrong but it made me so cross... I kept thinking, what right do you have to ask us that. Why should we pretend that we aren't bothered when it's all we think and talk about. I felt like screaming- look we've been trying for 10months, you do the maths! I know it's not her fault but it's so frustrating. Has anyone else felt like this? And for those of you that have told families,how did you go about it?

I hate my STUPID malfunctioning body!

welcome sharris! I'm 27, DH is 28, and we're TTC #1 also. :)

At ready - our families know... Only because I got car sick one day and my father in law was jumping up n down hoping I was preggers. We told them we were trying since he was so excited. But now it's been 5 months and I feel Like they are just waiting for the good news. We probably shouldn't have said anything.

Min- my friends hand down advice all the time. One person literally told me I shouldnt be obstaining from alcohol.. " you always get pregnant when ur drunk!" ahem... Really... It's very frustrating to hear people tell u to just relax! As soon as u don't try u will be pregnant. I couldn't not try or relax even if I was offered $ to do so!!!

Ready.waiting it's recommended you take prenatal vitamins or a multi vitamin plus extra folic acid. I take a veggie multi (it doesn't contain gelatin and has extra b12) plus an additional 400mcg folic acid and my Dr was happy with that. If I ever manage to get preggers I'll stitch to a veggie prenatal but am waiting because they are pricey. It's also recommended taking dha while pregnant, some people take it while trying but it's pricey too so I'll wait :)

Oh and yeah I swear the next person that tells me to just relax is getting a punch in the face (well not really but...you know ) :haha:

have you tested sharris?
:cry: no need.. :witch: got me about 10 hours after I posted in here.. guess I accidentally invited her over :dohh:

Sharris...are you using the fertility friend app? I think that one is the best...
I've been using mydays & ovuview but i downloaded ff last night, it's just as confused as i am unfortunately! I don't temp, i can't seem to get up at the same time each day.. :shrug:

yay!! I was starting to think we were getting old..:blush: all our friends have kids and they started YOUNG so, i've been feeling like i was missing out..

On another note, I was at a christening today and there were babies everywhere. My mother in law turned to my husband and I and said you two will be getting broody. We tried to shrug it off, but she pushed and then asked each of us indivudually. I know it's wrong but it made me so cross... I kept thinking, what right do you have to ask us that. Why should we pretend that we aren't bothered when it's all we think and talk about. I felt like screaming- look we've been trying for 10months, you do the maths! I know it's not her fault but it's so frustrating. Has anyone else felt like this? And for those of you that have told families,how did you go about it?

I hate my STUPID malfunctioning body!

I know how you feel :hugs: :flower: I never realized how rude people could be before DH and I started trying... we were married all of 3 months and my dad's gf's mother says to me randomly, "oh i thought you would have had a baby by now" while my dad's friend says i shouldn't want kids, and my father says they're not worth it.. there's a bit more to me wanting children though.. I've got hip dysplasia.. and the added weight could kill my hip.. but im not convinced that was even what my dad meant.. :shrug: We've been married since feb, neither of us has children (or had any out of wedlock) and im still getting "crap" for wanting to have kids :nope:

Ready I feel for you :hugs: fortunately (or unfortunately) I get the opposite from my parents and my in laws... I know my MIL wants a grandbaby BAD but she also wants me to finish school first so she isnt TOO pushy and my mom always just tells me to stop trying and it will happen... ahem..no it wont. Not with my broken reproductive system! I am right there with you with the "stupid malfunctioning body"... I had surgery in August to "fix" my ovaries (and check out my other stuff) and before that took loads of medicines to try to fix it with no help... so I completely know how you feel... the only good thing is that medicine has come a long way for fertility and there are SO many options that we can choose from!

Sharris I dont get up at the same time everyday, but I set an alarm for the same time and when it goes off I temp, record, then roll back over and go to bed. I think it would be worth trying

Sharris I dont get up at the same time everyday, but I set an alarm for the same time and when it goes off I temp, record, then roll back over and go to bed. I think it would be worth trying

This is what I do too. In fact I have to set my alarm quite a while before we usually get up, or else something else ends up waking me up.

Min- my friends hand down advice all the time. One person literally told me I shouldnt be obstaining from alcohol.. " you always get pregnant when ur drunk!" ahem... Really... It's very frustrating to hear people tell u to just relax! As soon as u don't try u will be pregnant. I couldn't not try or relax even if I was offered $ to do so!!!

Wow that's pretty bad advice, saying you should just go ahead and drink! People should know by now that alcohol is very bad for babies, let alone conception.

Thank you everyone. It's good to know others want to hit family members too.... even when they have the best intentions!
I'll relook at my vits, thank you for the advice. I can't believe I used to think you could get pregnant from sitting on a toilet seat!
I really feel for everyone here, everyone has such a story and so much want for a baby. It's good to know I'm not alone as it's easy to feel sorry for yourself. None of our friends are ready for children yet, so they'd never understand, and we can't bring ourselves to tell family. I'm grateful to finally be able talk to someone that isn't my hubby!

X :haha:

yay!! I was starting to think we were getting old..:blush: all our friends have kids and they started YOUNG so, i've been feeling like i was missing out..

I wish I could have had kids young. But I didn't get married until I was 25, and it hasn't happened yet. Turning 28 this October and starting to feel old. But lots of people wait until their early thirties to start families, so you are definitely not too old!

Thank you for the responses... I'm still really frustrated, but I know so many people are dealing with the same thing. And this seems like one of those things that no one wants to talk about. Even my husband doesn't want to talk about it.

He always says to me "don't worry, if it's mean to be, it will happen", which I think is a lot of crap coming from an atheist. It's just his way of not having to talk. I've finally gotten him to figure out how ovulation works. The man has a master's degree & he just assumed it could happen any random day with no AF. Seriously.

And of course, the doctor won't even talk about infertility until January. I'd really like him to just give in and do the test to see if the tubes stayed open after the reversal. But, no. :growlmad:

I think my other major frustration is that my husband has a daughter.. a 16 year old, of whom we have primary custody. We were keeping everything a secret, since there was never a certainty that it would work. But, in digging through our bathroom for lord-knows-what, she found pre-natal vitamins and opks... and then freaked out in a way that you've never before seen a human freak out. Yelling, screaming, "if you have a baby with her, I will never speak to you again", you know, all sorts of loving stuff. :cry: It's almost enough to make me want to give up.

I think my other major frustration is that my husband has a daughter.. a 16 year old, of whom we have primary custody. We were keeping everything a secret, since there was never a certainty that it would work. But, in digging through our bathroom for lord-knows-what, she found pre-natal vitamins and opks... and then freaked out in a way that you've never before seen a human freak out. Yelling, screaming, "if you have a baby with her, I will never speak to you again", you know, all sorts of loving stuff. :cry: It's almost enough to make me want to give up.

:shock::hugs:what a horrible thing to say! I know teens can be moody (we've got my 15 & 17 yr old niece and nephew staying with us for a while) but that's a bit un called for! just breathe, it's not her decision in any way, and she'll see the evil of what she said.. :hugs::flower:

:hugs: jessica and sharris

Sharris I'm just repeating what others have said but temping really isn't as hard as it seems and is really helpful in getting to know your cycle. I have this weird internal alarm clock that wakes me up to temp around the same time every day but most people use a regular alarm clock. I also temp before my actual getting up time because I always want to get it after a good 3 hours of sleep :)

:shock::hugs:what a horrible thing to say! I know teens can be moody (we've got my 15 & 17 yr old niece and nephew staying with us for a while) but that's a bit un called for! just breathe, it's not her decision in any way, and she'll see the evil of what she said.. :hugs::flower:

That is awful! Teens can be such brats sometimes... One day when she's a grown woman she'll see how hurtful that was. You deserve a baby, don't let anyone convince you otherwise!

Don't misunderstand, I don't argue the effectiveness of temping, I'm just saying I haven't been able to make it work for me. I understand the concept of it, but I have to keep my meds in my desk at work so I remember to take them.... the alarm goes of at 445 & I get to work around 530. I keep telling the boss that he's really lucky I haven't showed up to work in a hello kitty t-shirt and yoga pants. Morning is just sooooo early & often I don't get more than 6 hours sleep.:sleep:

I'm going to try the soy this cycle to see if that works. What I've read seems to have mixed results, but as I'm sure we all know, mixed results are better than no results. :shrug: Hubby is taking zinc supplements, I've been taking pre-natals for months - so, we'll see what happens.

Today, FWIW is CD2. My last cycle was abnormally short, which I guess was probably a fluke. While I'm normally 28-30 days, the last one was 24, as was another earlier in the summer... so I don't know if that's something I should be taking note of/doing something about... ideas?

Hi All! Can I join you? I'm on CD11, supposed to ovulate on Friday (I'm pretty well a 28 day cycle, even though AF is only here 3 days usually)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->