The 'new' body

The problem with the media and fashion world at the moment is that they cannot differentiate between being thin and being beautiful. They are two separate things that don't automatically go together. This model is thin, but personally I don't think her body is beautiful.

By the way, Marilyn Monroe was actually a UK size 16.

cant find marilyn without the caption round it in this bathing suit,. defo not a size 0, I would prefer to look like her.

Attachments

• Marilyn-Monroe_Poster.jpg
    Marilyn-Monroe_Poster.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 17
I wouldn't mind her legs and bottom but the waist and hip area is toooo thin!

Urgh that's just hideous! And it's not just me being jealous because I'm a size 26 either! I'd hate to have a figure like that - I love my curves just not the flab hiding them :haha:

For gods sake, I wish they'd stop airbrushing other peoples heads onto my body. This is getting embarrassing now... :dohh:

It's hard work eating like a sparrow you know.

I don't find it attractive or feminine, she looks emaciated in the second and third photos. Most women would not be able to look like that without serious risk to their health and it's worrying that women may aspire to look like that.

I don't think this model has a patch on Elle Mcpherson, who has always been slim but feminine looking and still looks fab even after having children.

https://ellemacpherson.celebscentral.net/photo/4901/

I know whose body I'd rather have.

She looks a bit disproportional to me, the top and bottom halfs dont match:shrug: A lot of women are naturally that thin though and not unhealthy, esp as teenagers!

Someone give the poor girl a pie!

I don't really want to ever look like that, but she does have a great body, for modelling. And she looks much healthier than some of the others, she's at least got some muscle, you can see she puts more into her looks (ie: exercise) than just calorie restriction iykwim. Good for her! :)

I think she looks fit and toned her stomach looks amazing, id like to look like that id imagine she puts alot of hours in at the gym.

Her vocation is a model - As a model she looks amazing.

If shes was some average joe schmo on the street then i would look twice and think shes too thin, but its her job and shes doing it well :)

I think she looks fit and toned her stomach looks amazing, id like to look like that id imagine she puts alot of hours in at the gym.

I agree she looks toned, but to me it's possible to look fit and toned, but still healthy, like Cameron Diaz, for example. Being able to see someone's ribs and hips bones so much is not a good thing. :nope:

I have had a BMI of 16 and you still couldn't see my ribs or hips.

If shes was some average joe schmo on the street then i would look twice and think shes too thin, but its her job and shes doing it well :)

Is it OK for someone to be too thin if it's for their job then?

It's unhealthy and what is more, young girls aspire to it and to be like it, you only have to look at this thread to see that.

I realise modelling is all about the clothes, but even the fashion industry should show some social responsibility.

I agree she looks toned, but to me it's possible to look fit and toned, but still healthy, like Cameron Diaz, for example. Being able to see someone's ribs and hips bones so much is not a good thing. :nope:

I have had a BMI of 16 and you still couldn't see my ribs or hips.

Is it OK for someone to be too thin if it's for their job then?

It's unhealthy and what is more, young girls aspire to it and to be like it, you only have to look at this thread to see that.

I realise modelling is all about the clothes, but even the fashion industry should show some social responsibility.

What if shes NATURALLY that thin - Why should we condemn her for that?
Its her genetics.

that picture where her hip is like all weird is funny :haha:

Ugh...media :roll:

If you're naturally that thin, fine. But to say that that's what women should look like is just beyond absurd and is a breeding ground for eating disorders. Some women just aren't built to be that thin.

Women are beautiful no matter their size....and should be made to feel that way! Thin, pleasantly plump...it's all what makes us who we are. How boring the world would be if we all looked the same!

I wish the women in Hollywood from 50 years ago were back today. Marilyn Monroe was a curvaceous size 14 and BEAUTIFUL!

I don't find it attractive or feminine, she looks emaciated in the second and third photos. Most women would not be able to look like that without serious risk to their health and it's worrying that women may aspire to look like that.

I don't think this model has a patch on Elle Mcpherson, who has always been slim but feminine looking and still looks fab even after having children.

https://ellemacpherson.celebscentral.net/photo/4901/

I know whose body I'd rather have.

I agree, Elle has a beautiful figure x

That's way too skinny. She needs to be double that I think

i hate when people someone is 'way too thin' - she is naturally thin, she just works out and eats healthily to stay that way!

if i said someone was 'way too fat' id be judgemental/rude.

she looks amazing. x

Ugh...media

If you're naturally that thin, fine. But to say that that's what women should look like is just beyond absurd and is a breeding ground for eating disorders. Some women just aren't built to be that thin.

Women are beautiful no matter their size....and should be made to feel that way! Thin, pleasantly plump...it's all what makes us who we are. How boring the world would be if we all looked the same!

I wish the women in Hollywood from 50 years ago were back today. Marilyn Monroe was a curvaceous size 14 and BEAUTIFUL!

Well spoken. My opinion is the same. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->