The official cerazette missing period support thread!! *NAME CHANGE*

Morning everyone - Abbi your scan photo is lovely! Definately team blue still could you tell from the scan?

Betty hope the nausea isn't too bad and that you're still feeling positive just know the BFP will come soon for you.

Understand why your finishing a bit earlier Samie bet your job is making you really tired. I am working this weekend but my manager has just told me that this will be the last weekend I have to do until after I come back from maternity!! Yey! Are you going to go back full time Samie?

xx

p.s Abbie - well done for being so organised with the spreasheet I need something like that!! x

Thanks Kix...it took a few hours but so glad it's done. Can now just tick things off as we buy which will make me feel as though I am doing something at least! Yes definitely still team blue! So pleased, can't wait to meet my little man!

xx

Ha ha Abbie your right it is good practice!!

What does your db do for a living? That must have been funny as anything :haha:

Thanks kix I am trying to stay positive, just hope it has the desired effect and I don't have to go all through the palaver with the referral again!

X x x

Samie totally understand why you're finishing early if you're always on your feet, i work in an office so basically sat on my fat bum all day haha! :haha: so its ok for me really. i only get 90% of wages for first 6 weeks and then crappy smp. but going to go back after 6 or 9 months not decided totally yet, but will probably still work at couple of days a month on kit days so that will give me a bit extra a month.

keep forgetting you're a midwife, so where is the fundus?? ive been feelin fluttering and movements now its so strange but i love it, cant wait for proper kicks though :D

Abbi i have done a list on piece of papers, but not as organised with the spreadsheet and links but its a good idea, i do pretty much know everything i want so may be worth doing hehe ;)

Hay x

Im finishing at 35 weeks got 5 week hols to take, bit earlier than i initially thought but being with labouring ladies for 12 hours a day is hard going and being on my feet all day doesnt get any easier. If im not delivering babies im on the post/antenatal ward which is non stop some days so decided to finish a little earlier. I'll be bored but look forward to sleeping lots =o)
Im going back to work on June 11th as thats when the full pay pretty much runs out so cant afford the smp, wouldnt even cover the mortgage!

It still only feels like 5 minutes that i stopped taking Cerezette 3rd Jan and here i am 6 months pregnant crazy really!

The measurements should measure the amount of weeks you are. We measure from the top of the fundus to the pubic bone, if you measure 4cms bigger/smaller you should be referred for a growth scan the check the size of the baby!

Lolly it will happen for you soon and taking that pressure off sounds like a good idea x

xx

He is a software writer & manages an IT department so he was in trousers and a blue shirt with a tie. He had this thing around his neck that lets him into the building (like an electronic pass kinds thing) so I think that may be what did it! It was brilliant, we were in stitches, plus he got his lunch cheaper which was a bonus! ;)

It was actually quite fun Hay, some things I want to go on a shopping trip to get so for those I put 'shopping trip' in the link section. Gonna get all the internet stuff ordered first and then get on with the rest over a few weekends when I am not at work.

I really want a maxi-cosi car seat with the easyfix base but I got a new car after my accident and I am not sure if it has isofix compatibility. If it doesn't does anyone know whether I could buy one anyway, use the base when in my db's car and strap it in via seatbelts when in mine? Would at least make it easy half of the time. If not I may need to buy a new car, luckily insurance is up in October. Also I think we will be driving mine more often anyway as my db has an audi a5 coupe (2dr) on hp which we can't get rid of until next year and that is going to be an absolute nightmare to get lo in and out! Boys and their toys eh? ;)

xx

Yeah ill be going back full time. My partner works for himself so he's gonna be a stay at home daddy =o) and ill come back doing long days so will do full time in 3 days. The fundus is the top of the uterus. If you feel down from the chest and gradually move your hand down you should feel resistance like a shelf when you get to the top of the uterus at 20 weeks it should be around your belly button x

ah ok thanks samie

abbi they should say online if they can be belt fitted or not :) which maxi cosi is it you are looking at?

im getting a new car and think it has isofix so going to get the base to leave in car if so, otherwise i can get the base that straps in with seatbelt, but we are going to get 2 bases for each of our cars as it will be a pain otherwise!

x

Thanks Hay, I will have a look....my friend had a lovely maxi-cosi so I would like one like that, I will have to find out which one it was. I think I will go to a store and get some advice with that one! Want to do the same with the pushchair, I am only 5 ft 2 so need to find one that is comfortable for me to push...need to try them out! ;)

I am really getting excited now....shame I have work at 5pm, I just want to baby shop! ha!

xxxx

PS:- Samie, I tried finding my fundus but having no luck! :( xx

maybe just measure from your belly button to ur pubic bone for a rough guide? thats what ill probably do i have no idea what my uterus feels like! lol! 13th september next midwife though so i know ill find out for sure then. i cannot wait either abbi, i seriously am so excited to have baby in my arms!

im only 5ft 1 too, my fella is over 6ft. most pushchairs are height adjustable, i love mine :D i cant wait to put mine all up and push it around haha, i wanted to when i had it delivered, but i just checked everything was there instead.

xx

Really?? So is my db, he is 6 ft 6! Us shorties going for the tall men eh? ha! What did you go for? I am thinking I would quite like a 3-wheeler, I don't think they look quite as nice but they seem really easy to manoeuvre which would be helpful. That is great that they are hight adjustable, definitely need that!

Think I will just wait until I see the midwife too, my app is on the 5th - don't want to go scaring myself by measuring wrong! ;) After that one the appointments are every three weeks with ftm's according to the nhs pregnancy guide that my midwife gave me! I think time might start to fly then!

xx

im not keen on 3 wheelers either, ive got the mamas and papas switch in manhattan, had an awesome deal too so cant grumble, with car seat and newborn pram liner it should have been 657 and got it all for £406 delivered! :D

what did your notes say you measured when you saw midwife at 16 weeks? i was 15+6 and measured 17cm.
i next see mine at 25 weeks, and hospital apptment week later, i just want to know about my cervix thats only thing thats worrying me... and then 28 weeks i think you have more blood tests, not sure after that, presuming they must see you more to go through things etc, have u decided what kind of birth etc you want?

Samie - could you tell me if they routinely check measurement of cervix? thx :)

Hay x

Nope never check cervical length.
When you have your scan if they see its abnormal, short or funnelling then they will arrange follow up scans to keep an eye on it but its not something Midwives do!

The bigger you get the more obvious your fundus will become, dont worry yourself. Measurements dont really matter early on
x

Hi
I was just wondering if I could join this thread. I have read the majority of it so feel I know some of you already lol. I have been off cerazette a month today. Decided to finish mid pack due to getting af type bleed which I didn't really get while on it. I'm now waiting, even though I've been getting signs but the full af has not arrived. I jus want her to fly in so I can start trying.

Hello and welcome!

It took me 32 days to get my first AF then conceived 2 weeks after, much to my suprise as i was expecting it to take years!

Good luck
x

Cocoabjm welcome :flower:

It took me about 7 weeks I think, although I still go about that in-between as I have PCOS so that was prob a 'cycle' length iykwim....

Hope she flies in soon and your not waiting too long!

Happy weekend mrshopeful, got any plans?

I am due af today but it's soooooo odd I haven't had sore bbs at all and I started to spot brown a teeny tiny bit yest so thought she was arriving.... Today the same spotting no af WTH!! I usually spot then she arrives promptly :shrug: I am so fed up with my broken body! :growlmad:

X x x

Happy weekend :)

Welcome coco, took me 8 weeks!

Samie thanks for that, only worrying as more u read on the lletz procedure and pregnancy more it makes me wonder! Google can be worst thing ever. And read about it causing late miscarriages pre term labour etc if you have incompetent cervix.

Hay x

It can cause issues with the cervix. I've know women who haven't laboured since a lletz will see how it works in labour and the cervix just doesn't open so they have a section but I've also had some that have delivered normally. It's just got to be tried and see what happens on the day!

Sorry girls I had to go to work!

Hay:- I wasn't measured at my 16 week app. I think it may have been because I actually had it at 14 weeks as both te midwife and I were going away. I'm unsure about the birth, I wouldn't mind trying a water birth but if I am honest I think I will be on the bed with an epi! Will try my best to go as far as I can without it bit I have a pretty low pain threshold so I'm pretty sure I will need one. I had considered pethidine instead but a few people I know who had it said that it made them feel quite out of it and so they can't remember everything. What about you?

Cocoa - welcome to the thread. As you will see from us many pregnant ladies on here cerazette isn't all bad. You may have to wait a while to get back to normal though, I never did before my bfp! It took me six weeks for my first af to arrive and then my cycles were irregular and pretty long (around 45 days). The month I got my bfp (in April and I stopped cerazette in December) I used agnus castus:- I ovulated earlier and my cycle was shorter so I really recommend it if you have problems. I also used a cbfm so I cheated a little! Ha! Expensive but well worth it in my book.

Anyway...good morning ladies!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"