The official cerazette missing period support thread!! *NAME CHANGE*

Congrats Anna x
I will properly catch up in morning as in on phone.
Work was slow and not busy, I had my flu jab at work yesterday xx hope everyone's ok. 1 week till scan yey xx

oh betty im a numpty! i meant.....will u be staying on your metformin! doh! oh yes and are you getting the free flu jab? think u can have if if your pg. ...hope lollys ok xx

My midwife says its fine and so did the nurse who wa doing it , she was also pg x x

I will be having the flu jab at some point, not sure when yet tho!

And yes Anna I am staying on met till 12 weeks :thumbup:

X x x

Morining Everyone

Lolly hope you're ok and not feeling too sad it will definately be you next :hugs:

I had the flu jab last week xx

aww Lolly :hugs:

Congrats Anna :)

Abbi i had my flu jab at about 28 weeks, had a cough for about 4 weeks now, i never get ill either, must be pregnancy weakening my immune system!

Betty i think you just search local scan places, find the cheapest etc. what area are you in?

x

ive got a few questions if any of you know:

1. how many weeks am i? i OV 2 weeks ago but last period was on 23/9.
2.im on conception vitamins atm and still have some left. could i finish those first then get the pregnancy ones?
3.are there any good apps for the iphone?
4. betty-are you staying?
5.how soon should i see my gp?
:hugs:thanks girls:hugs:

Wow Anna, Congrats!! That is fab news! Really pleased for you. In answer to your questions:-

1) I would day that you are four weeks. LMP would put you further along but it wouldn't really be accurate. If you say two weeks before o and two weeks after = 4 so I would say that. The midwife will probably go by LMP though.

2) Finish the conception ones and then get the pregnancy ones. They are very similar. Just make sure whatever you take contains folic acid. That is the most important!

3) Iphone apps (I assume these are available on android/blackberry too) - babybump & pregnancy E aka babycentre are the best ones in my opinion.

4) Betty has answered that one :D

5) You need to call the doctors and tell them that you are pregnant and need to be referred to your midwife. Some doctors will want you to have pregnancy confirmed others will just direct you straight to the midwife. Just call the reception to find out the process. I was given the number of the midwife, who booked me in for my first app at around 8 weeks!:D

Hope this helps and again, CONGRATS!!! :D xx

As for the other girls....thought I would make a separate post as the last was a bit long! ;)

Lolly - try not to be upset. I know it must be so hard for you...your time WILL come though!!

Hay - that is rubbish having a cough for that long. Have you been to the doctors? I feel like I am falling apart lately. My feet ache like I have done a marathon after 10 mins on them, I have constant heartburn and my hands and wrists have no strength in them. You know I couldn't open a bottle of bleach today because of the child safety mechanism? haha!!!

Betty - well I just googled 'reassurance scan west midlands' and 'early dating scan west midlands' and got a whole list of places in my area. Some can be quite pricey but if you shop around (especially if you go to a high street place) you can get a great deal. Here is some info from one of the bigger places I was considering going to:-

Viability (Check on your baby's heartbeat)

This is assessed by showing your baby's heartbeat. We will point this out for you to see and take a trace of your baby's heartbeat. By seeing your baby's heartbeat at this stage we can give you the following reassurances.

At 6 weeks gestation 78% of pregnancies in which a fetal heartbeat is identified, will continue to term.

At 7 weeks gestation 95% of pregnancies in which a fetal heartbeat is identified, will continue to term.

At 8 weeks gestation 98% of pregnancies in which a fetal heartbeat is identified, will continue to term.

At 10 weeks gestation 99.4% of pregnancies in which a fetal heartbeat is identified, will continue to term.

I guess that is why most places call it a reassurance scan. It was really lovely and put my mind at rest, especially because I had a scare at 6 weeks with some bleeding. Would be a nice surprise for hubby though. I went at 8 weeks. :D

xxx

thanks abbie and hay, ill have a google and see what i can come up with :)

i will let you know what i find :)

x x x

No problem Betty - just search for things like 'viability scan' 'early dating scan' etc xx

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Will definitely let you know how it goes with the blood results.

Congratulations Anna, that's amazing news.

Lolly, my SIL is pregnant too, even though we're really close it is hard trying to be happy for them when I'm so jealous. Be patient though, it'll be your turn soon.

xx

well it looks like we wont be having one done... the cheapest i found was 75 for 10 mins!!! and there are none very close so will be petrol costs on top!!

x x x

Aw betty that is rubbish. Have you tried just looking for 'fetal ultrasound (and then the name of your area)' sometimes searching for the clinic and then seeing what they do is better. Not all of them advertise that scan, hence it might not come up on a google search xx

Oh hay I also meant to say, my paypal is the email address I sent the cake recipes from, so might be easier to send the money via a gift on there :)

X x x

No problem Betty. I remember ringing round a few of the high street places that were close by and getting a quote. A lot of places do them even if they aren't on the website!

Hope you find one xx

Betty when do you want me to pay??

Abbi - I've been to doctors 3 times now, after 1st week i was given antibiotics, after 2nd week i was given diff antibiotics, and now i've been and they said viral infection, which in that case antibiotics wouldnt do anything unless it was bacterial infection! i managed a whole night without coughing last night, may have been to do with having whole bed to myself (fella away with work) so i didnt have to get up as such and move around to change position so it didnt irritate my throat cause its as soon as i start thats it then i cant breathe! told my fella he'll have to sleep on floor tonight as it must have helped hahaha!
my friend is due 21st nov and she has suffered heartburn for most of pregnancy and has been getting swollen hands and feet too, im quite lucky and havent had any. you couldnt open bleach :haha: bless ya!

payday today :D got last few bits needed ordered and I'm all finished now! :D going shopping for bits and bobs ill need in hospital bag tomorrow and thats it :happydance:

Hay x

That is so crazy Hay. They do say that congestion can be bad during pregnancy (I have had it quite a bit) but a constant cough is so weird. I guess you just have to blame your weakened immune system. Bet it must be hard sleeping though, it is difficult enough! I know, I was struggling for ages trying to get the cap off, I can't press the recline button in on my sofa either anymore. I have to get off the sofa and use both hands! haha!

Aw that is fab that you have everything. I am 2 items away (pushchair and car seat base). I packed my hospital bag though so pleased about that. Was hard cramming everything in! Just gotta put the baby's sleepsuits/vests in but need to wash them first. I am taking a tens machine too so hope it helps! :D

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->