The official cerazette missing period support thread!! *NAME CHANGE*

i cant believe ive been on here for 2 hrs!!!!!! feel like ive put half of the world to rights on first tri :haha: on my scan pic i couldnt see the cord going to placenta. is that normal? hubby said it could be the other side of the scan that you cant see or its sat infront of it. was a bit worried it wasnt moving but think it was sleeping which if its anything like its dad is about right!

when DH was small they thought he was deaf as he never spoke- took him for a hearing test and things and he came out with- i dont have anything to say! also he used to sleep constantly and was really lazy-he still likes sleep now. you cant lay in bed for a chat as soon as hes in bed thats it zzzzzzzzzz!!!

Yeah that is something i'd also say as a Midwife but the further investigation of cvs/amnio are optional you don't have to opt to have them.

I always says if your not bothered either way the don't have the NT just have the normal scan but even if you wouldn't have further investigation but would like the NT scan then have it because the results may help you to be prepared if any thing abnormal was seen/found. The way they have said it to Anna and you is almost like blackmail!

Hey all!
It has taken me a while to catch up!
Thanks for your wishes annanouska! I'm hoping it will happen for me soon too.
Lolly sorry to hear your news, I have been there in that situation too and I'm glad I'm where i am now.
Must dash sorry! X

Anna I'm not sure I've ever seen a cord in a 12 week scan pic before, if the sonographer or yOur mw after wasn't worried then you shouldn't!! I know it's not easy tho!

Samie, I know it's bad eh, I think the hospitals are so busy here that they try to make it seem black and White..... If you have the nt it leads to other things blah blah... So you choose not to, I seen to recall my mw saying I may wait longer for an nt scan :shrug: dunno!

One thing I do know is she kept trying to get me to deliver at the other hospital in my catchment..... Which is further away and I have already decided where I want to deliver for many reasons!!! I later found out that the hospital she tried to get me to go to isn't getting as many deliveries as the one I'm going to!! Awful really when they try and push you especially If it's your first baby!

Hey Amelia, hope your well :)

X x x

Sorry about your horrible experience at your scan I had the same experience with my 13wk scan with Ollie, I told the hospital as it was my 4th I would deal with it but had it been my 1st it's bloody disgusting. It would have taken longer to go thru a mcdonalds drive thru than the scan :haha: Our Trust doesn't do nt scans but I had blood tests for downs and they said I could only have them done if agree that if it comes back high risk I'll have the rest of the tests done ie amnio. I agreed and then said to hubby if it comes back high risk will tell them no not having amnio. They cannot force you to have further tests done, If you come back high risk you can think what if and prepare yourselves for the possibility that he/she may have downs, if its low risk - great :)
i was offered a repeat on 29/12 but only if im having the NT done with bloods. if im happy to have the nt done i was told i have to commit to further investigation either the placenta one or the amniotic fluid one if it is high risk. i got all teary then and said i hated having ot make such a final decision now!!!

DH and i have talked and as best as we can think we are not going for the nt as the risks witht he further tests are 1-2% which is higher than the risk of downs and apparantly 1/4 of downs children arent even detected. i decided to hit the nail on the head with-if we did all the tests and it was positive would we terminate. we decided we wouldn't so therefore its all a bit pointless. wish i could have the extra scan tho anyway!!!

showed my manager at work and she said it looks fine just curled up in a ball face down. when hubby copies it il get him to load it on here for me! ive just got a pic on my phone so far. hope everyone is ok- think the hurricane is just gettin to us

this may take some time.... I'm going to try and figure out how to put my pic on here all by my self!!!!!! if i don't post for a few weeks I've probably broke the computer!!! x

YEY!!!!!!! meet bean at 10wk 4d (my dates) or 10w3d by theirs. I'm so proud i figured out how to use the scanner (honestly I'm rubbish) then found the file and put it here!!! i can't quite work out how to put the pic in the message but I did manage it as an avatar. i know its still sideways!!! the writing should be the top then you can see bean think its head down in a ball

Aww Anna that's a really lovely picture!

You can put it in the message by going advanced and clicking in the paperclip, then just follow the instructions if you found it for your avatar I'm sure you can do it :thumbup:

X x x

Thanks for the advice girls. Will speak to the mw tomorrow at my app and see what she says!

Hay - how has your app today gone? Baby's head engaged any more?

Anna/Honey/Betty - can't believe your hospitals! Seems crazy! I was told that I would have the NT scan (combined with bloods) and then if I was in the high risk I could decide whether to have further investigation. It was completely my choice though! Really feel for you!!

Anna - private scans are great cos they really take their time with you. I recommend shopping around for a high st type place though as you can get some brilliant deals. Scan picture is really sweet - can make out the little head and body!

No updates from me today really - keep thinking/hoping that every twinge is the start of something! haha! It is exciting but I am not the most patient person in the world so I am getting quite annoyed! Hopefully I don't have long to wait :D

xx

never know may be a new year baby!!! hopefully it wont be too long for you but at least babs will be well cooked to perfection lol!

thanks for the nice comments about the pic-will put it in the text later once Im back on the imac-thanks for the tip betty.

to think that she said it was a rubbish picture and not worth buying!! ive ordered a cute frame for the crimbo day announcement. x

How rude Anna her saying that its not worth buying, fancy saying that to someone excited about seeing their little bean, try not to feel put down though, hopefully next time you will get a nicer sonographer! i had the bloods and was told if high risk i would have choice etc too, same as Abbi some people are so insensitive arent they!!

Abbi appointment fine today, heard heartbeat again and did FH measurement. baby still not gone down any further naughty baby lol! but i guess can go down anytime, dont think it means an awful lot, as ive heard sometimes they only fully engage in labour so not too worried, just makes u feel better knowing they are lol. feeling his/hers little feet alot today up top! ouch! but love it at same time :cloud9:

i know it is annoying the waiting game, but it will all be worth it, i am super impatient now, and wasnt bothered about knowing sex before, but now i just cant wait to find out and meet him/her and get online shopping as soon as im home for outfits haha already been looking and making me super excited!!

hope everyone else is good! i cannot wait until Tuesday !!! :happydance:

x

awww hay- i keep looking at your pic thinking its a boy then a girl!!! do you have any names yet or waiting to see?

im on a roll today even got tickers now-took me long enough! hope everyones well- its really cold today. got a day off as working saturday so had my hair done and marzipan on the christmas cakes. i let bean have a small bit of marzipan:haha:not had any since last christmas so would be beans first rofl!!!!!!!:happydance::dohh::happydance:

90% are saying boy, but i think on that pic they look so cute and pretty that its a girl haha! we have names.

it is really cold. boiler not being fixed until tomorrow so still cold at work. just want tuesday to hurry up, last day for 9 months wooohoo, well still going to work from home and stuff but still a long break :)

x

Don't let people like that get to you Anna - I can clearly see a little baby there, it is a really cute picture! Hopefully your next scan will be a nicer experience for you!

Hay - yeah I think you a right. Babies can engage and then come back out again too so I wouldn't worry! Glad all is well though! I am feeling really sad atm, I feel so silly! My bf's best mate went in with his wife for her section today and they have just had a baby boy. I am so pleased for them but I can't help feeling green! I am horrible! I really don't want to wait any more! :(

xx

u dont have long to wait at all and will be so worth it, thats what i keep telling myself. prob been easier for me and not felt like dragged as been in work so has gone quicker and not had time to be bored really. altho im fed up i know id be feeling alot more fed up if i had been off for a while before. and just think u have xmas to look forward to aswell, and baby. your little man will be here before you know it :D

xx

Thanks Hay - I know you are right! I think I am just really feeling it as I haven't had much to keep me busy! Probably shouldn't have given up work at 31 weeks! haha!

Hopefully the MW tells me that he is on his way tomorrow! ;) I wish!!

xx

Good name Hay =o)
I'm getting sick of people calling Sophia Sophie it is really getting on my nerves and i've started to correct them now!! It's really not difficult lol
Chris' parents ask every time we go round 'have you shortened her name yet'!! Why would we??? grrrrr

Sophia is being a bit of a nightmare the past couple of days, she has become super fussy, refuses to sleep nearly all day so shes awake for like 6-8 hrs with the odd 10 min cat nap.... which is not good when everything i read says they should only be awake for 1 hr 45 at most and she had now started to refuse to sleep anywhere but on me or Chris. Saw the HV yesterday and she said it sounded like reflux, so we got some Gaviscon to try but i just feel something else is wrong because she slept so well during the day and i could get stuff done... but not now =o(

I just hope it's nothing serious!

xx

awww abbi it wont be long-try and get some rest and relaxation whilst you still can!

i love the names my friend has alexis for her girls name and alexander for the boy shes due soon too!

why would you shorten sophia its the same length as sophie just different?! i think sophia is a lovely name and would be on my list too but waiting to find out the gender first!

this possibly isnt much help but when my sister was a baby she was a nightmare!! she had all sorts of (non serious) things wrong with her one of which was this weird lack of sleep thing. they even took her in to hospital and she didnt sleep for 72 and a bit hours (honest) they couldnt find anything medically wrong with her and she went on a short course of very mild baby sleep mixture and it reset her. this was between 3-8 weeks old too!

try not to panic but if you are unsure pop to your gp. hope shes fine for you xx

told my weight watchers leader today and i had to leave!! cant believe im kicked out of fat club!!! will stick with it at home tho!

Aww samie, Sofia is a beautiful name what would you even shorten it to? Ignore ppl lol!

Hope she starts to settle better for you again soon!

Anna weight watchers is totally not suited to pregnancy because essentially it's a calorie controlled diet, slimming world is totally fine to do, my leader is overthe moon I want to stay and I now dont have to pay till baby arrives :happydance:

X x x

God knows why they think it should be shortened! One of the docs I work with said its an Arabic name and they get called saffie and that was 12 hours after having her lol!
She slept much better overnight 12ish to 5:45 hoping she's a bit better =o)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->