The official cerazette missing period support thread!! *NAME CHANGE*

Yeah it will be pink, anybody with a risk factor for pre e are advised to take it.

Pink-Think the aspirin is a good idea, like Samie said new treatment, I read a huge amount of research as I was under my consultant coz I had severe pre eclampsia with my 3rd and he was deliverd by emergency c section at 31wks. I asked about taking aspirin and he said no?
Xx

Thanks all . I am taking it just wasn't sure why.
Work today but not until 2 x x

Thanks Samie and Honey - I think he did look in that book so that is probably why he said it was safe. I will take the oral if I need to. Almost certain it is reflux, took a video of him this morning to show the health worker and if she agrees I am going to ask the doctor for some gaviscon! Honey - I tried the blanket, it helped a little but he was still waling up most of the time. I think the problem is not that he can't comfort himself to sleep as he does it fine when he isn't in pain but it is that the bed is so flat so it makes the pain worse. I am letting him sleep with me while he is unwell as the new monitor means that I can sleep easy without worrying so much about sids and he can lie on my arm which props him up a bit. He sleeps so much better with me and at the moment my main concern is him being happy and as pain free as possible.

Kix - Jake's newborn stuff was too big for him, he just about fits in it now and I reckon he will get another week or two tops out of it! As for bf'ing I am no expert at the mo as I am still trying to get into the swing of things but I would say that the lying down position is a great one to use (really comfy) and also try not to get impatient or mad if you have trouble. Sometimes in the night if Jake won't latch on I get so agitated and he can sense it. If I take him off and relax he normally latches on fine!

Hay - big day tomorrow!! :D
Xx

ooo my im not sure if i said congratulations to you abbie, your little baby is gorgeous. :baby::happydance:
everything seems to be merging together and i cant tell whether i have dreamt things or they are real :haha:

Rachael

haha Rachael im sure we all have that to come !

eeeek i cant believe its sunday tomorrow, slightly scared now about the whole induction thing, and just really want it to be quick and have baby in my arms!!

x

Samie quick question as I am 2cm dilated and think lost plug will they use pessary or just break waters or does it vary?

Hay, I havent been induced but with my first two they broke my waters and I don't think they tend to do it till you are past half way dilated? They were going to use a pessary for Jack's labour but my bp was 230/140 so emergency section it was!! X

Hay - I was told the same, I don't think they break your waters to induce you anymore. I had mine broken at 8cm - the MW waited until I was close to the end! Hope tomorrow goes well for you and you have your baby by Monday!

Xx

Hay really hope tomorrow goes well for you and as quick as possible! Enjoy your last sat night relaxing with other half!

What weight was Jake again Abbi? Just going to wait and see on the clothes at least we don't have any boy / girl outfits yet to worry about! Breast feeding is making me a bit nervous don't know why just hoping it all works out ok.

Is it normal to be getting really intense bh contractions at this stage? No pattern to them and they don't hurt just make me uncomfy but been getting a lot for the last few days and all through the night waking me up?

Xxx

If your cervix is full effaced they will break your waters because there is no cervix to apply the gel/pessary to so depends really.
Our policy is 3cms dilated and fully effaced.
But what your said the other day about a posterior cervix and difficult to do a sweep i'd put my money on you having the prostin or propess depending on what your unit use, this will hopefully make you more favorable making the induction more likely to be successful and not end up with a c section.

xx

ok thanks all :) thats help ful to know.

yeah samie i dont think my cervix is very favourable at the moment unless it has changed which i doubt!

really hope its not a long long labour!

going to enjoy take me out tonight and our last night together of being able to do nothing lol.

next time you hear from me will hopefully be with baby here, and not because i'm having a long labour :haha:

x

You will be fine!
If they can break your waters for induction its a much quicker process because once the waters break they dont give you long before starting the hormone drip to reduce the risk of infection.
But with the prostin just bear in mind it's not always a quick process and can take days.
Hopefully it won't though

xx

Kix - Jake was 6lbs 14oz! I had exactly what you are describing in the week before I went into labour. They were random but woke me up in the night a few times. On the Friday (when I went into the hospital to check on Jake due to the lack of movement) I had quite a lot of them - probably about 8/10 over the whole day and the MW picked some up on the heartbeat monitor too, on the sat I had a fair amount again and then Sunday night labour started - I think you are close!! Xx

Hope you're right Abbi! I am getting about 15 a day and they are really strong. I had 2 while on the monitor at hospital last week but didn't really feel them compared to these I have been getting last few days. Fingers crossed it means baby is nearly here but who knows! Im bored already being off need something to do to take my mind off things!
Xxx

That is just how I felt! I had 10 weeks off and I was going crazy by the end! Don't worry, soon enough there won't be enough hours in the day for you! ;) Think baby isn't far away! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! X

ohhh its all so exciting. really hope everything goes great for you hay xxx

sammie- thanks for the advise on the cervical erosion - i think it is that following some sort of bleed (the big one i had). i think il book wiht my gp next week the epau will be tired of me now and my mw just ignores me so that seems a good idea! sometimes i do feel 'sore' somewhere in there which makes me think its irritation and any CM i get now is always brown. deffo fmor that region than elsewhere tho :haha:

been having a few 'bad' period cramps today. not doubled over in pain but worse than normal- when i have the scan end of dec tho bean did look to be taking up most of the room so i am figuring it might just be resizing time.

im keeping away from asking colleagues or google as alli get is- ohhh cramps and bleeding thats really not good.

at least my migraine has gone away now :thumbup: felt awful yesterday how i managed up and ready for work today i dont know.

i really want things to start feeling real, cant wait until the 20 wk scan (9th feb) might feel more real then but i THINK i may have felt some flutters, yesterday and wednesday evening. both were late on laying in bed when i felt like gas/rumbles/rolling. bit hard to describe, like gas but not- more mild and low down. really not sure it only happend those two occasions. hope everyone is well, will have a good catch up soon on all the posts- im cooking turkey today (the one i got for christmas) and doing crimbo dinner otmorrow since we went to in laws for it LOL!

Good Luck today Hay - hope everything goes well for you and can't wait to see your lo!

Xx

Just popped on to wish hay masses of luck! Im sure all will be good and we will have news if lo really soon :hugs::hugs:

X x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->