The official cerazette missing period support thread!! *NAME CHANGE*

Morning, Just an update from me..........

Had doctors this morning & I'm getting an appointment for the hospital to see a pre pregnancy counsellor. I"m on beta blockers as i have high blood pressure which I've had for years, when i was 19 i had to have an operation on the arteries to my heart and kidneys and had another 3 after that. When i went to doctors last year the woman i saw said it was fine for me to ttc on my own but my doctor today said it has to be "stage managed" so first of all they have to change my beta blockers even although the last doctor said it was fine to ttc on the ones I'm on!! So part of me is pissed off & part of me id glad something is happening. After we have had our appointment she is going to take a sample from my husband and blood from me to check I'm ovulating which i think i am as I've had alot of smiley faces. If nothing has happened by April we will get an appointment at the fertility clinic. So i guess I'm kinda lucky in a way that I'm getting seen quicker, in the meantime I'll just make sure I'm keeping myself healthy with plenty fruit, veg and exercise!

Sorry for the long post, just had to get that out!

Lolly xx

Hi everyone,
She flew in this morning so more wondering if we got lucky! Onwards and upwards :(

Hey Lolly,
I think that is really positive as they will now be making sure everything is ideal for you to conceive and if you need that appt at the fertility clinic then they will prob prescribe something to overstimulate you and you may end up with multiples, ready made family! :hugs:
Pleased something is moving along for you :happydance:

Thanks Honeybear :flower:

Sorry to hear she got you. Yeah it's all about staying positive i guess. It will happen this year & who knows we might both have Christmas babies for 2011!

Lolly x

My kids' birthdays are 30/11, 03/12, and 12/12 so funny you should say christmas babies!! Be fabulous if we get lucky at the same time. We will stay positive together and it will happen. :hugs:

Hey ladies...

That's great lolly at least it wasn't a wasted trip! And perhaps the delay in catching is to do with the beta blockers??

Sorry to hear she got you honey!! Try and stay positive!!

My update is not so good I'm afraid.... Actually couldn't be much worse! Bloods show I'm not ovulating... Levels should be 30+ and mine was 4!!!!! So I have to keep repeating the bloods each time I have a bleed... She won't refer me until may either so looks like I'm in for a long road of upset and wondering!!

sorry to be so negative Just feeling very down at the mo!

:dust: to all you lovely ladies!

X x x

Hey Betty,
Really sorry to hear that, can they not prescribe you clomid? I think that forces ovulation. The doctor gave me that before I got pregnant the last time, had been trying for a 12month before they gave it to me but I hadn't had any blood tests to see if I was ovulating so if they have your results maybe they would give it to you? May be worth asking? I'm sure this will be the year for you, Lolly and myself :hugs:

Aw Betty I'm sorry your down :hugs:

Try looking at even all the herbal remedies, Worth a try :flower: I dread to think what my results will be when i get my bloods done. Its just constantly one thing after an other, & they say not to stress............YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Honeybear, that must be a VERY expensive for you lol!

My doctor said she wants to also get things moving as I'm 30 in march haha i thought i was still young but clearly not in her book, ah well never mind!

Catch up with everyone later

Lolly xx

My gp told me the fs can prescribe clomid she can't... More like won't! And she won't refer me till may.... So that will be august/ sept before I get an appointment then I will have to have a miriad of tests again for them!!!!

All I keep getting told is your young you have plenty of time... I'm 27 in July so I know I'm not old but I want a baby now not in 2 yrs!! By which time I'll be told time is running out lol!!!!

Lolly not stressing is impossible and I am a natural worrier! But my worries have proved right so far! Oh she also said my weight may be affecting me... I am about a stone and a half over weight and have already lost 21 pounds in 4 months! I think because I dont drink or smoke she had to pick on me for something lol! It's just frustrating me more than anything.....

Oh she also said that not all women ovulate every month and that some women ovulate from both ovaries and have non-identical twins and that it's not 'supposed' to happen but it does.... WTF? How does that help me huh!!

Sorry for the rant ladies! I have bought a thermometer and 50 ov strips on eBay so I can test every day of my next cycle just to see if the bloods are right... Clutching at straws but I need something to give me hope lol!!

Sorry for the essay!!!!

X x x

Hi Lolly and Betty,
Are we all having a moan or what lol!! Yes Lolly it is an incredibly expensive time of year for us!! On the herbal front I read zinc is good. Might as well take it as it boosts your immune system anyway. Losing weight may help slightly but if you've already lost 21lb that's fab and you're probably right they're just looking for something to pick on. I honestly don't think it matters what age you are or how many children you may or may not already have in my experience when you want one you want one soon, maybe a woman thing!! :haha:
I was given clomid by the gp but was 4 years ago and I asked when I spoke my current gp (different one) and she said no only gynae consultant can give you that. Am due to see the consultant on 31st January so will see what he says. Really couldn't be bothered with the temp thing, did do strips last month and fairly sure I did ovulate but didn't do them this month and cycle was longer anyway??? Will try not to think about it this month and look forward to seeing consultant end of the month? It's going to happen for the 3 of us this year I'm sure of it :hugs::flower:

HI all. Ive just started TTC and stopped taking cerazette on sunday. I have been referred over here :) hope thats ok.
Breif history is, i was on cerezette for a couple of years up til dec 2009 when i stopped. when on it, i rearly had a bleed until towards the end when i was bleeding a lot (sorry if TMI) so docs told me to take two a day. Fast forward a year and i went back on it dec 2010. Only took it for amonth this time (so really hoping it hasnt messed up my cycle too much) but 'bled 'constantly for 2-3 weeks, hence stopping altogether. We have only BD once which was on sun (day i took last pill) but since then my back has been killing and feels like AF/withdrawal bleed is on its way, so waiting to see. dont want to BD at min coz back is just too sore. its odd because ive never had this before so dont know whether it is something to do with coming off thepill?

Anyway, sorry for the life story. Good luck to all TTC x

welcome aboard lousie and good luck!!

:dust: to you

x x x

Hi Louise :flower:

Try not to worry to much, Just look at all the success stories on this thread!

Lolly x
:dust:

Hey ladies,

Just checking in.
Hope you all had a lovely christmas and a great new year.

I'm just waiting for the af to arrive shes 8 days late but BFN sadly.
On a positive note though, I've given up smoking and have been smokefree for 6 days now. So I'm hoping this will help in the long run.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for you ladies, lets hope 2011 is our year at last.

Baby dust to all x x x x

Well your not out till she arrives!!! I'll keep everything x'ed for you!

Well done on the quitting smoking that's fab!!!

X x x

Hi guys!

I am SO angry and pissed off today!!!!!!!!!

Last night i was at a party & one of my friends told us she was 9 weeks pregnant. At first i was like oh great here we go again another person who conceived 2 months after stopping her pill but i got over it and we were all congratulating her and getting excited. It wasn't till about 10 mins later i noticed she had been drinking all night!!!!!!!!! I honestly couldn't believe it! I thought i was imagining it at first as the club was dark but then she said it would be fine! I could have cried, i would do bloody anything to be in her shoes and she's not even bothered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So she continued to drink all night, I was actually disgusted. Who would go on a bender when there pregnant. She planned the pregnancy so i dunno why she is reacting like this.

Its not bloody fair!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry girls had ti get that out as husband does not get it.

Lolly xx

Hi lolly,

Sorry to hear this its heart breaking when friends announce ( two of my best friends are currently expecting!) but for her to be treating it like it's nothing and binge drinking that must be hard to watch it happening!!

X x x

Oh lolly, I am sending hugs. xxx

Just a quick up date on me, I took my last cerazette on sun 19th dec, had no withdrawal bleed, but AF came yesterday (3w 6 days after last tablet), well I think it is that, surly after nearly 4 weeks it cant be a withdrawal bleed can it???? without TMI (sorry) It`s red, not brown blood, and fair heavy!!

Just hope my body is getting back into a pattern!!

xxxx

Hi girls,
Welshfairy, well done on giving up smoking, it's really hard but so worth it, it will be 5 years this October since I gave up, best thing I ever did. Lolly I can so understand why you would be angry, I would be exactly the same. Topsy I would say that's definitely an AF so hopefully you'll be regular and have that pattern. :dust: to all xxx

I came off Cerazette and it took about 8 weeks before I got a period. Then the cycles were a bit messed up for the next two, one very short and one long. After that everything returned to normal. I haven't conceived yet (1 year, I month) but that may be due to other factors.

Good luck everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"