The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Preseed is sperm friendly lubricant - its does wonders for the swimmers and i never get ewcm only watery so Im hoping it works wonders

Im not sure what cp is (besides cervical position)

cp is conceive plus lubricant :) its a similar product, i have heard it is very good for the swimmers so fx :)

Your very welcome hun :) i have so much going round and round in my head and have recieved today my opks and a basal thermometer, would you reccommend i start using them to see whats happening? i have a cbfm but i dont want to start using it until af shows her face as the strips are expensive, i have just joined ff for charting but its all new and im all in a fluster lol, suppose i will get used to it with practice!

Im from Wolverhampton, west midlands :)

I know, that's how I was also, I wouldn't start using the opks already since you are waiting 2 cycles and they get expensive, I don't temp but some other ladies on here do so they would be better to give you advice on when to start that, I would think that it would be fine to start doing it now but not sure.. I really like ff, it just helps me keep track of things easier! You'll get in the swing of things soon enough, I think the first month or 2 after I had my mirena removed were the hardest since I'm so impatient lol I hope it's easier for you!

You sound just like me he he :) im very impatient too, i really appreciate all your help and advice, i have not told any of my family yet that im ttc as i fear this may be a long journey so its lovely to be a part of this group :)

It's so hard being impatient isnt it?? lol You're welcome and if you ever want to talk,feel free to message me! We haven't told anyone that we are ttc again since after the ectopic I just didn't feel like telling anyone until we get pg again and know everything is ok! So I know how that is but I think it's probably good like that ,as you don't have anyone asking if it's happened yet. Hopefully it won't be a long journey for you though! Stay positive!

You sound just like me he he :) im very impatient too, i really appreciate all your help and advice, i have not told any of my family yet that im ttc as i fear this may be a long journey so its lovely to be a part of this group :)

we aren't telling anyone either... I just don't think its their business what I am doing! Plus I don't want any stupid questions - if you don't think I am trying to have a baby then maybe you won't ask me any stupid questions that make me feel like a failure! Gotta love family and friends - sometimes no matter how well meaning they do the completely wrong thing!:thumbup:

I have Internet again YAAAYY!! changing supplier left us without for 4days, nightmare! And bcos we live half way up a mountain the connection is so slow!
Anyway.... Hey girls, I love it when I reload and there are like 6 new pages on here!!
Welcome to the new girls, nice to have you here. Collie I'm really sorry for your loss hun, I remember you getting your BFP. After losing my baby at 15wks I can empathise completely and hope your ok and moving forward x Big hug.
Iv just finished soy for this cycle, hope it's third time lucky!
Calasen hun I hope your ok x keep in touch x
Melsy and pdmcd fingers crossed you both catch that little egg. Happy bd'ing!!
I too have not told anyone this time that were ttc. Everyone assumed after my mc that we would try again, and asked and asked if and when stuff was happening. I just couldn't cope and told them that we wouldn't be trying for quite some time, just to ease the pressure.
Barb what melsy said was right, hold off on the opk untill you've had af, then you'll roughly know when ov is due(ff will help with that) and you can use the opk then to pinpoint ov. I temp, and find it invaluable. I can clearly see from my ff chart when everything is happening. I'd start that straight away(I find vaginal temping more accurate) and put in the first date of your bleed post mirena as your last af. Ff will alter the predicted dates, if needed, as you start to input your daily data. Good luck hun, any questions feel free to ask!!

Good luck lovely ladies xx

Avid and Lucy, I agree 100% not telling seems the best way to go! I have had friends say way too many dumb things especially while going through my ectopic.
Lucy so nice to have you back, I was wondering where you had been!!
Well we have been trying way hard for a May baby lol so fingers crossed!!
Lots of Luck to you ladies!

It's so hard being impatient isnt it?? lol You're welcome and if you ever want to talk,feel free to message me! We haven't told anyone that we are ttc again since after the ectopic I just didn't feel like telling anyone until we get pg again and know everything is ok! So I know how that is but I think it's probably good like that ,as you don't have anyone asking if it's happened yet. Hopefully it won't be a long journey for you though! Stay positive!
Lol...very impatient! im definately not telling anyone either until im pg and know everything is ok, despite being questioned there will be a lot of negativety too, with my age and because i already have 3 children so why would i want anymore! grrr makes me mad, im 41 yrs old for goodness sake not 1yrs old and dont need anyone telling me what i can and cant do! rant over lol...

Anyway guess who has arrived today :) yes :witch: :yipee:
and im all over the place now with excitement and hoping i do things correctly to know when im ov:happydance:

Hello Avid and lucy:thumbup:

Hi Ladies :hi:

I hope you are all well and happy etc? :thumbup:

Any word from Calasen??

Lol...very impatient! im definately not telling anyone either until im pg and know everything is ok, despite being questioned there will be a lot of negativety too, with my age and because i already have 3 children so why would i want anymore! grrr makes me mad, im 41 yrs old for goodness sake not 1yrs old and dont need anyone telling me what i can and cant do! rant over lol...

and im all over the place now with excitement and hoping i do things correctly to know when im ov:happydance:

Aw I'm sorry hun that would drive me nuts, a friend of mine had to go through that she had a miscarriage about 2 years ago and decided she wanted to try again and had her copper iud removed and got pg right away and turned 40 in April, she is due next month. Anyways she had alot of negativity from her husbands family because of her age.
That is so great the :witch: showed up already!! You are so lucky you didn't have to wait long! So only 1 more cycle before you start trying?

Aw I'm sorry hun that would drive me nuts, a friend of mine had to go through that she had a miscarriage about 2 years ago and decided she wanted to try again and had her copper iud removed and got pg right away and turned 40 in April, she is due next month. Anyways she had alot of negativity from her husbands family because of her age.
That is so great the :witch: showed up already!! You are so lucky you didn't have to wait long! So only 1 more cycle before you start trying?
Mmmm i did say 2 cycles didnt i?? would maybe after this cycle be safe? i did say i was impatient Lol :haha:

Hey girls :) Sorry been missing but some thieving sods stole the copper cables from out phone lines locally so no phone or internet access at home until at least tomorrow (friday) evening. -- Had bloods taken tuesday but due to the internet issue can't get any results until next week - although show many more pregnancy symptoms and close to having missed a second period. Will hopefully be back onlone properly tomorrow this is a flying visit from an expensive internet cafe.

Welcome to all the new girls and I'm sorry for your loss Collie XX

:dust: to all!!!

Hey girls :) Sorry been missing but some thieving sods stole the copper cables from out phone lines locally so no phone or internet access at home until at least tomorrow (friday) evening. -- Had bloods taken tuesday but due to the internet issue can't get any results until next week - although show many more pregnancy symptoms and close to having missed a second period. Will hopefully be back onlone properly tomorrow this is a flying visit from an expensive internet cafe.

Welcome to all the new girls and I'm sorry for your loss Collie XX

:dust: to all!!!
Lovely to meet you calsen:flower: your not having much luck by the souunds of it! Fingers crossed for you and hoping you get your BFP soon:flower:

Barb, lol you are impatient! That's ok I'm the same way, I wouldn't say it would be unsafe because my dr. Said we could try right away but if your Dr. Said 2 cycles I would go with that , did they give you reasoning as of why to wait 2 cycles?
Calasen, so glad to hear you are doing ok, fingers crossed for your bfp SOON!!

Omg there's some idiots around calasen, sorry to hear that, I hope they were caught. Looking forward to hearing something from you tomorrow night x hopefully good news!!xx

I went through impatient a few months ago I think lol, I'm just resigned to the fact it's going to take ages now lol. The more stressed I get about it the less likely I am to conceive. Ho hum :) xx

Has anyone heard anything about raspberry leaf tea and fertility?? Someone mentioned it, but u can't remember what they said!!xx

She just says to wait 2 cycles to give my body chance to get back to normal, wondering if it would cause any problems trying after 1st cycle? more investigating to do lol, seems to be something new every day :)

Barb I was told there was no reason not to ttc immediately after removal, but I had read of a few girls mc'ing after they'd caught very soon, though there is no evidence that mirena causes problems like this. I have to say though that I caught in my first month ttc, and sadly mc'd at 15wks. It may have been due to mirena, or it may not, we'll never know. But I figure when your making a massive decision to ttc, then you should have as much info as poss, so I hope you don't mind me sharing. Good luck hun, it's great you've got your af so soon!!x

Barb I was told there was no reason not to ttc immediately after removal, but I had read of a few girls mc'ing after they'd caught very soon, though there is no evidence that mirena causes problems like this. I have to say though that I caught in my first month ttc, and sadly mc'd at 15wks. It may have been due to mirena, or it may not, we'll never know. But I figure when your making a massive decision to ttc, then you should have as much info as poss, so I hope you don't mind me sharing. Good luck hun, it's great you've got your af so soon!!x

I agree Lucy, You have to be completely confident in whatever decision you make, otherwise you'll be worrying or stressing and that's never good either! There's tons of reading to about it, I read alot after I had my mirena removed just to see what others were going through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->