The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Barb I was told there was no reason not to ttc immediately after removal, but I had read of a few girls mc'ing after they'd caught very soon, though there is no evidence that mirena causes problems like this. I have to say though that I caught in my first month ttc, and sadly mc'd at 15wks. It may have been due to mirena, or it may not, we'll never know. But I figure when your making a massive decision to ttc, then you should have as much info as poss, so I hope you don't mind me sharing. Good luck hun, it's great you've got your af so soon!!x
Thankyou lucy for your advice, i have just been reading some storys of ladies that have conceived after 1 cycle and there are a lot of successful pregnancys, but i understand we are all different, i have a big fear of mc after having 5 after my 1st, my way of thinking is whatever happens in life is meant to be but still im feeling cautious:dohh:

No problem barb, I'm sorry to hear you lost so many, must be heart wrenching x that's how I had to deal with my mc, it just wasn't meant to be, I'd have beaten myself up about it forever otherwise. As it turned out there was a reason why I mc'd, my sister had a very poorly baby when I would have been 7months, and her other lil boy moved in with us for a couple of months until baby could come out of hospital. It was such a stressful time, I could never have done it heavily pregnant, I was meant to look after my sister and her family. What will be, will be, so good luck hun, you'll catch when the time is right :) xx

No problem barb, I'm sorry to hear you lost so many, must be heart wrenching x that's how I had to deal with my mc, it just wasn't meant to be, I'd have beaten myself up about it forever otherwise. As it turned out there was a reason why I mc'd, my sister had a very poorly baby when I would have been 7months, and her other lil boy moved in with us for a couple of months until baby could come out of hospital. It was such a stressful time, I could never have done it heavily pregnant, I was meant to look after my sister and her family. What will be, will be, so good luck hun, you'll catch when the time is right :) xx
Aww you poor thing:cry: it is very upsetting mc, i just felt like a failure, i had tests done but they could not find a reason why i kept mc'ing, which was worse, we both decided that 5losses were enough and i went to my gp to ask if i could be sterilized, it was a gp i had not seen before and he says that there was another woman who had been having mc after mc. 11 in total:cry: he says that he gave her injections 3 times a week up until she was 20 weeks pregnant and she had a healthy baby boy, after serious thought we decided to give it one more try and how thankful i am that i did, i went on to have my son and then i got caught unexpectedly again when reece was 8 months old and had the injections again and had my daughter sophie, i feel very lucky and i hope that it will work just one more time, fingers x for us all:winkwink:

Wow barb that's one heck of a story, babies are little miracles aren't they, quite literally. Lovely happy ending for you though xx great that your doctor understands the problem and you should have the best care as soon as you catch that eggie!! Fingers crossed for you xx

Thanks hun :) it just goes to show that there is hope and never to give up! well i thought that af had arrived but she has gone :( so im confused.com, oh well......

How are things with you lucy? how long have you been ttc?

Barb, I only had one "normal" a/f after I had my mirena removed and the rest of the time I had super light spotty ones that weren't normal for me prior to mirena, so it could be your body still adjusting, just a thought but who knows!
Lots of luck ladies!

Its all very confusing! i had 3 days of b'ing after removal which felt very much like an af as before i had mirena in i used to suffer bad with stomache ache, i know it was not my cycle and yesterday i lost some light brown with bits of bright red which i normally do when i have a cycle, i have had bad stomache ache since yesterday but no af yet.

Melsy how long did it take for your cycles to get back to normal? i know everyone is different, its just i have heard of BFP with women not having af :/

Well I got pg in May (had mirena removed in Feb), I had really light spotting and it was just tmi but brown for my periods and my cycle was only averaging 22 days, I went to the Dr. in May because that wasn't normal for me, I still was having all signs of "o" though. He said I was 100% healthy and could get pg any time and techinically didn't need a period well sure enough a few days later I O'd and got pregnant that cycle! I just now this cycle had a 28 day cycle, and the flow was more normal, still lighter than they used to be but I'm not complaining about that lol! It takes some time for some women but as long as you are still ovulating I wouldn't worry, it's confusing at first though!

I should say though, I was soooo frustrated about it , because I hate not feeling "normal". I started taking a b-complex vitamin to help with the spotting also which seemed to help greatly! Got my bfp the first month taking it also, not sure if it had anything to do with it

Im just going to have to be patient! my gp has booked me in for an ultrasound scan which is next thursday to make sure everything is ok after mirena removal, she is being very thorough which is good.

Fingers crossed for some BFP :)

It is very quiet on here? how is everyone getting on? and where are you in your cycles? i would love to be on cd1 with someone so we can sail along together, my friend who is due in 13 weeks started a thread called "sticking together crew" where they are all on the same cycle day together!

That's good, your Dr. is being thorough, I wound up having to switch Dr.'s when I was going through my ectopic because I felt like something was very wrong and he wasn't taking me seriously, so glad I switched.
I think I o'd yesterday so fingers crossed, not a good 2 ww person but I vowed to myself I won't test early lol
That sounds like a good thread; it is fun when you're around the same time as others in your cycle

I should say though, I was soooo frustrated about it , because I hate not feeling "normal". I started taking a b-complex vitamin to help with the spotting also which seemed to help greatly! Got my bfp the first month taking it also, not sure if it had anything to do with it

b-complex vitamin? what does that do hun? im taking folic acid only and want to do everything possible to ensure a healthy pg if im lucky enough to concieve.

It is supposed to lengthen your lp and also help with spotting, but I like taking it also just because it's a good vitamin overall! Do some reading on it , alot of women got their BFP the first month using it!

Hey girls
Im on cd9 today barb. I wouldnt worry about your little af, that may have been all the blood left after your post mirena bleed. Are you temping now?? Are you going to put that bleed down to the beginning of your cycle?? I too take vitB complex, but the stronger 100's. I had a couple of months of spotting from 7dpo through to af which was horrible, but since taking the vitB Iv had nothing, and definitely a longer LP so well worth it!

Melsy fx'ed you've done enough hun! Be so lovely to get a bfp on here, its been so long!

Calasen hun how you doing??xx

No lucy, i have not started temping yet, im waiting patiently "NOT" for af to arrive, hoping she hurrys up and then i can start temping, i have also been told to carry on temping but its all very confusing to me, ff says to start on cd1 so if i start now i wont have a clue where to mark it on the chart!

Im definately going to buy some vitb complex if it will help....

Melsey fx that you get your BFP :)

Barb if you take the first day of your bleed as your first cycle day and start temping from tomorrow, just enter the temp tomorrow as cd4 or 5 depending on how long ago you bled, then ff will be able to adjust your dates depending on what your temps are each day. It's really clever. I just think the sooner you start temping the sooner you'll see some kind of pattern and be able to figure out when you ov. x

Barb if you take the first day of your bleed as your first cycle day and start temping from tomorrow, just enter the temp tomorrow as cd4 or 5 depending on how long ago you bled, then ff will be able to adjust your dates depending on what your temps are each day. It's really clever. I just think the sooner you start temping the sooner you'll see some kind of pattern and be able to figure out when you ov. x
Thanks Lucy:flower: I will start temping tomorrow, like you say i will hopefully see some kind of pattern:haha:

Thanks Ladies, we have bd'd everyday since cycle day 5:blush: lol which we also did in May when I got pg , so hoping it works again!
Lots of Luck Ladies!

Thanks Ladies, we have bd'd everyday since cycle day 5:blush: lol which we also did in May when I got pg , so hoping it works again!
Lots of Luck Ladies!
Did you say bd'd everyday??? i have been advised every other day to make the :spermy: better quality?

I will keep everything x'd for you hun that you get your :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->