The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

It's starting to drag now Calasen. Fingers crossed for you that just one blooming swimmer made it to target!

I've decided to go back on the Mirena after this baby is born. It worked well for me for years and I quite liked having next to no periods. Just have to check that I can have it in if I'm breastfeeding.

Pip x

I think you can have it while brestfeeding honey I know my sister had hers put in while trying to brest feed but she couldn't produce enough milk in the end so it didn't matter

I'm never going back on birth control! I *loved* Mirena for sure but I know breastfeeding is a natural birth control and I plan to breastfeed for as long as possible. I also want our kids to be close together in age and we each want 4-6 so I think we'll be good without the birth control for a long time!! :)

Calasen - Fingers crossed for you Calasen! Hope you get your bfp before December!

And you too Gabby - I hope we all get our bfps before December!

4-6 kids???? More power to ya girl!...Hey breast feeding is not a natural birth control! I got pregnant while I was breast feeding and never had regular periods. I just had a hunch to test, and very positive! I did breastfeed my first for 18 months tho...I know......too long. Don't recommend that long, but to each their own. I breastfed the second for a year. That was perfectly enough! They're both sharp as a whip....plus I lost sooooo much weight! I was skinnier after breastfeeding than I was before pregancy!

I'm okay with having them back to back if it doesn't end up working as a natural birth control :) Milk production does lessen the chances of ovulation though, especially if they're nursing a lot. I'm not sure how long I'll nurse for...I'd like to nurse for 18-24 months but not sure I can take it for that long...! :)

Garden- When do you start trying again approx. I'm gonna be 9DPO TOMORROW.:( I'm having mild cramps, so I'm thinking for sure I'm out.

Don't look at my ticker. I for some reason felt the need to take an opk at cd23 and it was positive, so if af doesn't show by Monday, I might just have good news!!!

Hello Everyone! I'm from the Western part of the United States & I have three children. I am TTC #4. Had the Mirena IUD for 2.5 years. Got it taken out last month, this will be my 2nd month TTC.

4-6 kids???? More power to ya girl!...Hey breast feeding is not a natural birth control! I got pregnant while I was breast feeding and never had regular periods. I just had a hunch to test, and very positive! I did breastfeed my first for 18 months tho...I know......too long. Don't recommend that long, but to each their own. I breastfed the second for a year. That was perfectly enough! They're both sharp as a whip....plus I lost sooooo much weight! I was skinnier after breastfeeding than I was before pregancy!

IMO, I don't think 18 months is "too long" to breast feed & I certainly would recommend it. I think it's absolutely fabulous that you breast fed for that long!!! :happydance: :thumbup: My next child I plan to breast feed until he/she is two :)

Also, I already have 3 children...and pretty sure I will also end up having 4-5 children as my DH is a step-father to the current three, and we plan on having two together :)

garden I dont think breastfeeding will work as a natural bc :) My friens caught with 2 of her 3 girls while breast feeding :)

AF arrived today right on schedule based on my OPKs so we're officially trying as soon as she goes away! :happydance:

And we won't be "using bf to prevent" since we want our kids back to back but if it happens to act as a natural birth control, I'm okay with that. We're perfectly okay with it not acting as birth control too though! :)

Welcome to SLC! Your children are ADORABLE!!

AF arrived today right on schedule based on my OPKs so we're officially trying as soon as she goes away! :happydance:

And we won't be "using bf to prevent" since we want our kids back to back but if it happens to act as a natural birth control, I'm okay with that. We're perfectly okay with it not acting as birth control too though! :)

Welcome to SLC! Your children are ADORABLE!!

Awww....thank you so much!

I picked my forum name because I've got two kids and trying to number three, but cycle 3 after having Mirena out turned out to be the lucky one! Got my BFP today after just over 3 months of trying!

I picked my forum name because I've got two kids and trying to number three, but cycle 3 after having Mirena out turned out to be the lucky one! Got my BFP today after just over 3 months of trying!

Congrats :) Looks like 3 certainly is your lucky number :)

Congrats lucky! That you certainly are hun!:flower: There is hope after mirena! How long did you have it for?...I feel super preggo today at 9dpo. I had pulling in my belly button area a few times today and I can't keep my eyes open, but maybe I'm just in a food coma from dinner!:sleep: The funny thing is I don't have any major early pg symptoms. I always have sore bbs before af and my bbs are not sore at all!

Could you share some of your early pg symptoms with us if any. Thanks.

:) I think so - had +opk's the passed couple of days so :sex: as often as we can :)

Thanks, guys! I had my Mirena in for four years, got it removed in July. My doctor said it was probably starting to lose it's hormones because I was having normal regular periods since January, whereas I usually only had them maybe 3 times a year.

Symptom-wise, I have been tired and needing naps, getting winded after running a mile (and I usually run 4-7 without been very winded), lots of nausea at times and the thought of food making me feel sick, other times I have been starving and craving cookies and other crap foods. My lower back has been sore, but that's something that happens to me sometimes. My sleep has been not good and I'm having vivid dreams, but that is also something that I get sometimes. Other than that, I am fluctuating between extreme laziness and maniac cleaning bouts. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->