The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Wow! Quite an eventful weekend!!! Deer do some major damage to cars! Sorry to hear that your car is a mess now! What part of Cali if you don't mind me asking. I'm central valley, so I was just curious when you mentioned views of the valley. I'm also expecting af on 10/14. Is that when you'll be testing? I don't think I'll make it that far!

Hi Gabby,
I'm in San Jose but the property we looked at is up in the hills so you can see all the way to Moffett Field and Gilroy. Where in the Central Valley are you? I moved here from Fresno in 2008. I won't be testing - we've been preventing because of an MMR vaccine I had to get which causes birth defects and miscarriages. We finally get to start trying again after my next AF so I'm really looking forward to it! :) I hope you get your BFP though!

And congrats to lizzierob! :happydance:

I live in Los Banos, we moved here from Santa Cruz since the housing is incredibly affordable. You get way more bang for your buck, but hubs does have to commute to San Jose everyday:roll: He doesn't complain though, he's a trooper. The property you're looking at sounds beautiful! Good luck on that! So you'll be trying after next cycle. That' smart considering.

SO gals, what do you think! I'm 4-8dpo(?) and I got a positive opk today! I've been feeling all kinds of pg symptoms and even had a sharp shooting pain in my cervix/vagina 2 days ago.(implantation maybe?) Maybe I am o'ing late? That's so strange. It could be very possible though. I've heard that opk's can detect early preg before a hpt, but don't know how true that is or how often it happens. I know it happens, but what are the odds??? Hmmmm. I'm getting excited tho! I better get hubs in a good mood tonight to cover my bases.:happydance:

That's cool - Los Banos is definitely more affordable. After high school I moved to Fresno since it's WAY cheaper there but I missed my family too much and moved back to San Jose in 2008. I've looked at places in Los Banos but I couldn't stand that commute and I don't want to be that far from family. I'm about 40 minutes right now and that's far enough! Right now I get to commute the opposite direction a few times per quarter living in San Jose and working a few days at our office in Los Banos - that commute is a breeze since there's no traffic!! :)

That's cool you got a positive OPK - I've heard that as well about getting a positive on an OPK before on an HPT. Did you have a positive OPK when you think you ovulated? Or do you chart temps? Is it possible/likely you're ovulating late? This cycle I got positive OPKs three days in a row. I kept testing until I got a negative so I knew when DH and I were in the clear to :sex: again without having to use preventative measures. Definitely can't wait to start trying again though!! :)

It takes a certain person to be able to commute an hour and a half each way! I don't think I could ever do it. But, like dh says, he comes home to his family and a nice house, so he doesn't mind it. So you come out this way once in awhile? I hate that Pacheco Pass! People die on that road all the time!:(
SO, I don't temp and I didn't start opk'in until cd16 since last cycle I didn't get a positive until cd18. I learned my lesson to start earlier just so there's no question when o would happen. Then I was getting lines at cd16 and they tapered down to stark white by cd19, so I was thinking maybe I o'd cd15???? But, then got this positive yesterday! I covered my bases last night, so hopefully either way I'm good. Maybe again tonight.... I'll go to the $tree and grab a couple more opk's just to see if they stay +....that'll be a good sign! I'm excited for you to start trying!!!

Yep, I come down there pretty regularly. :) Maybe we could meet up some time if you're up for it. If not, no worries...I know not all people are comfortable meeting peeps online but I think it's awesome. That's how I met my husband!! lol

Anyway, that's weird you got two positive OPKs but I've heard it is possible to ovulate twice so it's never bad to have all the bases covered!! :)

So we're pretty much neighbors in this big wide world! That's pretty cool! Considering Los Banos only has 35,000 people. Well, let me know when you're coming out this way. I never did get a first positive opk. I started testing at cd16 and got lines but not dark enough to be positive. Then they gradually went to stark white, so I was thinking I missed the surge before cd16, but don't know for sure. Then cd23+opk,cd24+, and to day I would call it +. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm not wasting any time with the hubby! Then my Frer's have been bfn's. So what do you do out this way if you don't mind me asking?

Yep, pretty cool! :)

It's weird to get several positives in a row, huh? I had three this month too and they weren't light positives. All of them were clearly way darker than the control line so it's very strange. I've never taken them back to back before so I don't know if I always would get three days in a row or if it's just a freak thing this month.

I work for a propane company and we have offices all over the US. I'm based in San Jose but also work in Santa Cruz and Los Banos. Beginning next year I'll be working in Sacramento, Fresno, Angels Camp, and Jackson too! Luckily it's just for a 4-6 month period early in the year so it'll be long before I'd be far enough along in a pregnancy to be due. I'm really hoping we get pregnant soon though!

Oh that's good! Gosh you'll be doing a lot of traveling. So, you got 3 +opk this month too? I'm hoping I continue to get +'s since I've run into a gal on here that didn't get her +hpt til a week past af due , but had been getting +opk's. It sounds like it's different for everyone. It's still early on in my cycle to be obsessing. Another weekend is here, so I'll relax and not have a good time with the fam. The tomato festival is happening this weekend out here at the fair grounds, and since I'm negative I think I'll test their bloody mary's. :winkwink:

its oh so quiet ....

How is everyone?

I should be Ovulating in the next few days so FX :)

Hi everyone! It has been quiet hasn't it? I'm 6dpo and I will test Friday! It's killing me because I ovulated on cd23! I should have been able to test by now if I had ovulated on cd18 like last cycle. How are you calasen?

I'm ok - trying to regain rest after all the travelling we had to do for the funeral.
Hows you guys?

Hey there - yes, it's been far too quiet around here. I'm hanging in there, still waiting for AF but she should be visiting on Friday so we can finally start TTC again. I'm so tempted to start temping again but haven't yet decided if I will or not....

I'm on 7dpo if the opk's were right. I've been testing everday with IC's because I'm an insain woman. :wacko: I don't expect to see anything, so I don't get bummed I just really enjoy poas!:dohh: I think if af shows this time around, next time around I want to experiment with temps just to find out if I'm even ovulating. Who knows what 7 years of the Mirena can do to the body. Ya know?

I'm on 7dpo if the opk's were right. I've been testing everday with IC's because I'm an insain woman. :wacko: I don't expect to see anything, so I don't get bummed I just really enjoy poas!:dohh: I think if af shows this time around, next time around I want to experiment with temps just to find out if I'm even ovulating. Who knows what 7 years of the Mirena can do to the body. Ya know?

lol - I hate wasting tests so I don't take them unless it's really killing me not to and at least 10dpo and showing symptoms. Of course I feel like I've displayed symptoms several times over the last 6 months so I've tested on a few different cycles. The crazy thing is I feel like I'm displaying symptoms this cycle (hungry and exhausted, sore bbs, etc.) and there's no way I could possibly be pregnant since we only had sex once several days before I ovulated and OH pulled out since we're supposed to be preventing this cycle. So I give up and trying to determine if I'm pg before AF is due, lol. I've thought about going back to temping but OH doesn't like it so I haven't decided yet. I'm kinda thinking we'll just NTNP for a few months and then start TTC again in January/February. It'll be a year in February though... :(

I did buy Mucinex though because I heard it can help with the ewcm which I don't really have. I get lots of creamy CM throughout my entire cycle with a few days of watery but never really gets to ewcm so I might try that too.

Yah my ewcm is limited too. Where do you get mucinex? I thought that was a cold medicine? I took a frer like an idiot! Of course it was bfn!:dohh: I'm not testing again until Monday so I can just relax and enjoy my weekend. I'll be 12dpo, so I think that's a good day to test. I'm done staring at nonexistent lines!:wacko: My eyes are crossed and now I have a major headache! ](*,)
I have no symptoms of af though so that's good, I actually have alot of energy, so maybe that's a good thing. Usually a week before af, I start with sore bbs. fx'd!
I think ntnp is a great approach if you don't care either way, but I want a summer baby and the time is ticking here to get one! Both my kids don't have warm months, so it would be nice to have one in the warmer months. Beach party!!! :happydance: A baby is a blessing though at any time.

Yah my ewcm is limited too. Where do you get mucinex? I thought that was a cold medicine? I took a frer like an idiot! Of course it was bfn!:dohh: I'm not testing again until Monday so I can just relax and enjoy my weekend. I'll be 12dpo, so I think that's a good day to test. I'm done staring at nonexistent lines!:wacko: My eyes are crossed and now I have a major headache! ](*,)
I have no symptoms of af though so that's good, I actually have alot of energy, so maybe that's a good thing. Usually a week before af, I start with sore bbs. fx'd!
I think ntnp is a great approach if you don't care either way, but I want a summer baby and the time is ticking here to get one! Both my kids don't have warm months, so it would be nice to have one in the warmer months. Beach party!!! :happydance: A baby is a blessing though at any time.

It's not that I don't care either way. I desperately want a baby NOW and have tried all the 'cheats' to help that along - temping, OPKs, soy isoflaves, SMEP, etc. and am now going to try the Mucinex. Mucinex is an expectorant for congestion so it loosens mucus and thins it out - and not just nasal mucus if you get my drift! At least that's the claim anyway. I found it on Amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000083JX0) for only $15 so I figured it was worth a shot.

Everyone says "when you stop trying, it will happen" right? Well, I don't know how to "stop trying", lol. I've wanted to be a mom since I was 15/16ish and now I'm finally in a position to be one, I want it NOW. lol. I always figured I'd have my first when I was 28 so I have don't have much time left to get pregnant either.

Anyway, hopefully it's soon for both of us! :)

NO!!!

I got a +OPK this morning so went and jumped the OH for some :sex: and straight after had to run to the bathroom to be sick :( So now all that funs been wasted in regards to bean fishing :cry:

Was a fun way to wake up though :)

FX I still get +OPK tomorrow or have caught some strong swimmers :)
Really hoping I get my bean before my 30th in December, or we have agreed to take time off so as I'm not pregnant for our wedding :(

Hows everyone today?

Gabby I feel exactly the same, and even got told by my MIL that I'm too young to be wanting a baby - not I'm 30 in 5 weeks, times running out!!!! We always knew it would be hard but I can feel my biological clock running out of battery power :(

And WOW Pip your 9 months seem to have gone fast (although I bet not for you :) )

garden- I know what you mean about not knowing how to stop obsessing! I have no advise for you on that one. LOL! Hopefully mucinex is the miracle drug!

Calasen- MIL is off her rocker. :haha: You're not too young! You know what speaking of :spermy:...I don't think my hubs are good swimmers. that has to be it. I mean I give them a running start and everything, and nada!:nope:

I hope we all get our bfp's soon gals!!!!!
Tested this morning 8dpo with IC...bfn.
:dust::dust::dust:

It's starting to drag now Calasen. Fingers crossed for you that just one blooming swimmer made it to target!

I've decided to go back on the Mirena after this baby is born. It worked well for me for years and I quite liked having next to no periods. Just have to check that I can have it in if I'm breastfeeding.

Pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->