The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

taurusmom05 I can see a very faint line. I hope this is it for you!!

Wow, thanks avidwriter! Good to know. I haven't gotten a digi yet but Im def ready to PoAS with my frer's!!!!!!

Taurus-Pee on a frer! Pee on a frer! LOL!!! Can't wait to see it!

Edens- test!....bad influence over here, I know! But, I test way too early every single month! :wacko:

Calasen- Keep your head up hun and say hello to your rats for me!

Avid-How long did it take you for bfp after mirena?

bfn on frer with fmu. I'm gonna try again in a couple days!
How is everyone today?

Got a very small tinge of dark red blood on the tissue when i went to the bathroom a few mins ago. Im think af is coming early!! Cramping right now!

Hey girls :)

For those interested I have put some of the things I have made for my wedding up on my blog https://fallingfog.blogspot.com/ go peek :) Would love a little input, esp on the invite :)

This is how I have been distracting myself from the baby dilemma :)

Oh my, calasen! It's all so beautiful!! I love it! The centerpieces are my fave, along with the pearl accessories! I've never seen wooden roses before... Very creative. I can tell the wedding is going to be gorgeous!!!

Af got me this evening, way early, too! On to December! Good luck to everyone else waiting still! :) baby dust to you all!!

It's ok!! It just means I can have fun trying for december! :) a bit disappointed but there is a time for us si I suppose ill wait!

Gorgeous wedding pieces Calasen - love them!

Taurus - so sorry to hear the :witch: got you. :(

I am back in town for the weekend and leaving on another business trip early Monday morning. I'm 11dpo, tested :bfn: yesterday with FMU on an IC. Just not feeling it so expecting AF on Wednesday. I have zero symptoms - not even sore bbs, lol. Oh well, OH went for his SA yesterday (I tested to try and save him the trouble but no luck) so we should have the results on that soon and our appt with the fs is on the 22nd so patiently waiting for that. I'm really hoping they'll give me Clomid and that it works but we'll see as I'm sure it will depend on the results of everything else. Hugs to all...

Gorgeous wedding pieces Calasen - love them!

Taurus - so sorry to hear the :witch: got you. :(

I am back in town for the weekend and leaving on another business trip early Monday morning. I'm 11dpo, tested :bfn: yesterday with FMU on an IC. Just not feeling it so expecting AF on Wednesday. I have zero symptoms - not even sore bbs, lol. Oh well, OH went for his SA yesterday (I tested to try and save him the trouble but no luck) so we should have the results on that soon and our appt with the fs is on the 22nd so patiently waiting for that. I'm really hoping they'll give me Clomid and that it works but we'll see as I'm sure it will depend on the results of everything else. Hugs to all...

Keep your head up. Everything will work out! So, yah Stockton is about an hour from Los Banos. Do you hit a ton of traffic? Usually it's the opposite way I think, but IDK :shrug: Good luck on your appt....if you're not already pg. :)

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this site, and still figuring out how everything works, so please excuse me if that shows. :)

In searching the internet for information about conception post Mirena, I came across this forum. Everyone here is so positive and supportive, it's amazing! I joined the site just to join this forum. I... actually read all 306 pages of comments. I couldn't help it! Everyone is so positive and wonderful! I hope if it's ok if I join you all here! :)

I'm 33, two kids aged 7 years and 13 years. We're TCC our third, and final, kidling.

I had the Mirena for darn close to 5 years, and loved it. I never had an af the whole time, never even spotted until the last couple of months it was in place. I had some very light spotting for the last three months or so that I had the Mirena, but not even enough to use a pad/tampon or anything. Barely there.

I had some brownish spotting on 10/28 & 10/29. Then it was removed on Nov 1st. I had some extremely minor brownish discharge for a few hours after it was removed, and then a couple of times over the following day or so. On 11/11 I had some very -very- light pinkish/reddish 'bleeding'... but it only lasted for 4 - 6 hours, and wasn't even enough to use a pad/tampon, it was just there when I used the bathroom. Then it stopped, and nothing at all sense. Also, no real cramping, no other symptoms of af or anything at all.

So I'm wondering, if anyone has any suggestions/info, how one would go about predicting ovulation right after the IUD was removed? With no cycle, how do I know where I am in my cycle?

Right now we're just BDing almost every day and hoping for the best.

Thanks for whatever insight you might have, and I look forward to interacting with all of you!

Welcome Ginger! Yes, the women on this thread are really supportive. I wonder why you didn't get a withdrawal bleed. Some women report of it, and some don't. I was one of those that bled heavily for about 9days, 2 days after Mirena was removed. Maybe you can start opk'ing. It can get pricey, so buying them off of amazon is a good way to go. Then again, I also hear of a ton of women who get pg right away after removal! I had mine for 7 years(2 coils), I also had no af the entire time. I've been mirena free since June 8th, and just letting nature take it's course. I thought for sure I'd be pg by now, but no such luck. :( well, good luck to you!

Welcome Ginger - nice to 'meet' you! Unfortunately, there's no real way to know when you'll start ovulating right after removal. I had cycles the last year I had the Mirena so I had already been tracking and new when o was coming but if you haven't had cycles, you'll really need to wait until they return to normal. For some this happens within a month, for others it takes several months, and for some the dr may even give you a hormone after a few months to make your period start just to re-regulate things. You can try temping your BBT, charting your cervical fluid, or using OPKs but it's probably best to just sit back and wait for af to arrive again at this point and then take it from there. (not that I'd be able to easily do that though, lol!)

Anyway, welcome again and hope af comes soon for you so you can start tracking (or doesn't come at all because you get pregnant straight away)

Well ladies, I'm a little disheartened and hoping you all can bring me back....

OH went for his SA on Friday and we got the results today. There isn't a message from the dr but from my own research online, it doesn't look great...not terrible but not good either. That coupled with my high testosterone and high FSH, I'm really beginning to think we're screwed when it comes to conceiving naturally. :(

Testosterone for women is supposed to be between 2 and 45ng/dL, mine is 42. FSH is supposed to be between 2 and 15 but the lower the better and mine is 8.6mIU/mL. For a semen analysis, there's supposed to be between 2.0 and 6.0mL of semen but OH only had 0.5mL. 50% rapid, 50% immotile, 65% normal morphology. "Normal" results are greater than 25% rapid, less than 40% immotile, greater than 70% normal morphology. pH is supposed to be between 7.2 to 8.0 but his was 8.5. And there's not supposed to be any white or red blood cells and both were found.

I need to just calm down and wait for the dr to evaluate things but I'm totally freaking out right now..... :cry: and I'm out of town and can't talk to OH about it and I don't want him to think it's his fault anyway so I don't know if I will talk to him about it! :shrug:

Edens, I also have high testosterone... The doctor prescribed me a water pill... It flushes it out and my levels remain normal!!!! Obviously I don't know your whole situation but it helped me.

Im sorry about your OH! The good thing is, its not far off from normal. there are still good ones and it only takes 1 to catch the egg so I wouldn't stress it! :)

Your BFP is coming, I promise. I completely believe that!

Baby dust to you!!!!!

Oh yah edens_ I think that's not a huge issue...the testosterone level, try not to get down on yourself.
Can you girls do me a favor and check my thread in pg tests.....I'm 8dpo. Thanks girls!

Edens, I also have high testosterone... The doctor prescribed me a water pill... It flushes it out and my levels remain normal!!!! Obviously I don't know your whole situation but it helped me.

Im sorry about your OH! The good thing is, its not far off from normal. there are still good ones and it only takes 1 to catch the egg so I wouldn't stress it! :)

Your BFP is coming, I promise. I completely believe that!

Baby dust to you!!!!!

What were/are your levels? A water pill? Is it prescription? I googled it and found What are Water Pills? as well as places that sell them. The part of the article that concerns me is the "it can cause low blood pressure" - my blood pressure is already extremely low. It's become more "normal" over the past couple years but it's on the low side already and my doctors have freaked out more than once - "Are you okay? Do you feel alright? Are you dizzy or light-headed?" "No, why? What's wrong?" "Well, your blood pressure is so low, you're clinically DEAD." Um, yea, that didn't freak me out AT ALL!! lol.

Anyway, I'll definitely talk to the dr next week at our infertility appt about water pills. What brand do you take and what's the dosage?

I think the thing that worries me the most with OH's numbers is the very small semen sample as a whole. 0.5mL compared to 2.0-6.0 is a huge difference. Especially considering that it's "strength in numbers" once in the uterus and having the oomph to break through the protective coating of an egg. The sad thing is 0.5 is on a good day. I've had him almost completely cut soda (he used to drink only Diet Dr. Pepper and would drink 4-6 cans per day) and start drinking more water (he'll drink 2-3 bottles per day now) and it's gone from (tmi...) a couple dribbles to 0.5mL after abstaining for 3 days. I have to figure out how to increase that even more and we'll definitely have to drastically cut back on the :sex: to ensure a large sample around ovulation.

Oh yah edens_ I think that's not a huge issue...the testosterone level, try not to get down on yourself.
Can you girls do me a favor and check my thread in pg tests.....I'm 8dpo. Thanks girls!

I don't see anything but it's awfully early hun, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->