The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Calasen I'm so sorry. I wish there was something we could do for you. I am confident it will happen when you least expect it!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Garden I'm right there with you honey :( Our Dr's are still refusing to help until it's been 2 years trying, despite me having Endo and PCOS, and apprently since getting the mirena removed one period every 3 or 4 months :(

This is our 14th month trying and I honestly have considered just giving up completely, esp since a couple of months ago I got that depressed about it I was contemplating things I really shouldn't have been :(

Trying hard to stay positive right now and focus on the wedding but at the back of my mind is "why can't I have a baby!" -- I have fought sooo long for it I feel heartbroken at every hurdle :(

Even though we have been actively trying for the past 14 months it's been something I have wanted for most of my life :( Even had to go through a dangerous surgery to untwist my stomach and uterus, as well as for endo scarring removal to get to this point :(

Then on top of that I have limited mobility due to health issues that mean I have weight issues, to which the Doctors say they can't help me lose as I can't maintain an exercise programme :(

Also found out this week that out of all the other options for a baby, we have very few :(
Due to my health we won't qualify to adopt or foster :(
My medications for other things mean that IUI or IVF is out of the question :(
Serrogacy is beyond our financial means :(

So if we can't do this naturally with some medical assistance then we won't ever get that little bundle :(

Somtimes life just loves to screw you over :(

Sorry - kindda feeling it hard tonight :(

I'm so sorry hun. Sending LOTS of hugs and all my baby dust to you!

Bless you beautiful ladies - I was bad today and bought a test! -- now when do I test??? sooo tempted to right now!

oh well test was negative so must be another 3 month wait :(

On the plus side I have been distracting myself and have made the 2 centrepieces for my wedding, along with my bouquet, and one of the bridesmaids corsages :)

Ages till the wedding mind but I love creating it all :)

When are you getting married Calasen? I hope you're feeling better. :) TTC sucks! My best friend who has been trying since 2006 and lost one of her tubes, tries to keep her spirits up, but I now know after reading all these threads and hearing stories, how bad she must really feel. I never could feel her pain really because I didn't understand it. Now I do, and it makes me wanna cry. There's a whole community of women out there who suffer the same infertility issues and it's heartbreaking. I just think the only thing to do is keep praying, and hopefully god's listening. Hugs!

That's so exciting, calasen. Are you having a big/small wedding? I loooove weddings. Hah and I love doing crafts and things like that too!!

That's so exciting, calasen. Are you having a big/small wedding? I loooove weddings. Hah and I love doing crafts and things like that too!!

It's an odd one tbh :) We are both from big families so although we only having family and very close friends theres still gonna be 100 people :dohh:

We have a budget of £0 though as I am on disability and OH is my full time carer so we are doing it as cheap as possible :)

But we have evil plans!!! :)

One BIL is a photographer, ones a DJ, and my parents are publicans :) So theres a small fortune saved there :) My MIL is on the commitee at the hall where we are having the reception, so we are getting that free :)

Because OH is photosensitive we can't have a light show so are getting fairy lights in the january sales to decorate with :)

It's also a steampunk theme, so it means a custom dress which I am making myself :) will put up pictures if you guys are interested :) Been having fun making all the things for it :)

Although on a seperate note - I have had intense cramping tonight, at one point OH thought I had lost my mind as I was on my hands and knees on the floor panting like a dog as was the only way I could take the pain :( It comes and goes though so not sure if I should go A&E or not, or call a doctor. It's all around my overys area and feels like nasty period cramps x1000. -- Hoping to avoid going to A&E and doctors though as I am attending the wedding blessing of OH's best friend this morning/tomorrow (its 5am right now) and OH is the best man :(

It's an odd one tbh :) We are both from big families so although we only having family and very close friends theres still gonna be 100 people :dohh:

We have a budget of £0 though as I am on disability and OH is my full time carer so we are doing it as cheap as possible :)

But we have evil plans!!! :)

One BIL is a photographer, ones a DJ, and my parents are publicans :) So theres a small fortune saved there :) My MIL is on the commitee at the hall where we are having the reception, so we are getting that free :)

Because OH is photosensitive we can't have a light show so are getting fairy lights in the january sales to decorate with :)

It's also a steampunk theme, so it means a custom dress which I am making myself :) will put up pictures if you guys are interested :) Been having fun making all the things for it :)

Although on a seperate note - I have had intense cramping tonight, at one point OH thought I had lost my mind as I was on my hands and knees on the floor panting like a dog as was the only way I could take the pain :( It comes and goes though so not sure if I should go A&E or not, or call a doctor. It's all around my overys area and feels like nasty period cramps x1000. -- Hoping to avoid going to A&E and doctors though as I am attending the wedding blessing of OH's best friend this morning/tomorrow (its 5am right now) and OH is the best man :(

Yikes - that sounds super painful...I hope you're feeling better!!

Your wedding sounds awesome, I'd love to see pics! :)

Omgoodness... I hope by now you are feeling better. I can't imagine what it could be!!! I'll be praying for u!!! Keep us updated when you can.

Your wedding sounds awesome! I would LOVE to see pics!!!! You got very lucky with all the freebies! What a blessing!! :)

Oh my, right now I am missing my Mirena IUD. I haven't had a period in 5 years and this sucks. Did anyone find that their first period after removal was abnormally heavy?

Ahhh, I loved my mirena and want it back :)

Kara, yes.... I had withdrawal bleeding 4 days after removal (Sept.4) and it was AWFUL. Omgoodness Sooo bad. Lol then, I had af on October 11 (37 days later)... Again super heavy and lasted 5 days. I'm hopibg that if I don't get my BFP, my next af will be a bit more manageable!!!

so af will be over by tomorrow... praying and hoping we catch that egg this time around!

Oh my, right now I am missing my Mirena IUD. I haven't had a period in 5 years and this sucks. Did anyone find that their first period after removal was abnormally heavy?

I know! It's aweful!!!!!!! I had mine out June 8th and had withdrawal bleeding June 10th for a good nine days! Horrifying! My periods are back to a normal flow. Heavy one day and light for 2. It gets better. :) Now if they would just become regular!...urgh!

lol - yea, I didn't like having a period again at all! Mine actually started about a year after I got the Mirena though so by the time I had it removed, I was used to them. They did get heavier after removal than while I had it in though. And the removal bleed was awful! UGH.

How's everyone else doing?

Calasen - where are the wedding pics we were promised?? :winkwink:

Taurusmom - Have you decided when you'll test? Do you also chart your BBT or anything like that?

Kindra - good luck to you this cycle! :)

Gabby - Three day periods would be a godsend, lol. Mine vary from 4-5 but thankfully are pretty regular. Where are you in your cycle? Also, I can't remember if I already mentioned it but I found out my training will be in Stockton - how far is that from you? I leave at 5am tomorrow morning, ugh!

Afm - I'm 5dpo and going back and forth between depressed and hopeful. I think I'm driving OH crazy. My temps aren't following any pattern of the last eight cycles so I'm hoping that means something different has happened (bfp!). On the other hand, I was reviewing the test results from the last blood tests I had done in August and my levels were so screwy that it really makes me think it won't be possible for me to get pregnant naturally. I know I posted a few days ago we were going to take a step back from ttc, but we're going to go ahead with the fertility appt on 11/22 and then re-evaluate from there. They'll likely do more blood tests for me and OH will get a semen analysis. I hope everything "works" and I hope that will let me relax a bit!

I was going to start temping but when I opened the box of my new thermometer I ordered... It only only read XX.X ... So I sent it back and ordered a new one. It's called a basal thermometer, i guss I just assumed it would go more than 1 tenth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->