The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Had my first af since removal. Started on Dec 1st and only lasted a few days and very light but definitely :witch:. Here's to hoping December is my lucky month! Sure would be a great Christmas present! :winkwink:

And Congrats Arj on your :bfp:!!!

OK! This is af. I think. I'm pretty sure. It's veryvery light... but it's gotta be af. So! How do I do this charting and tracking thing? Where do I start? Is there like some kind of primer or something?

panda - Yeah I am totally excited about this for the first (and hopefully last!) time in my life. It's... a bizarre feeling! :D

Hi Ginger -

It depends what you want to chart. Are you only going to chart your CM for now? Use OPKs? Chart BBT? I recommend signing up for FertilityFriend.com and taking their free tutorial regarding charting. I chart my temps, use OPKs sometimes, chart CM, and keep track of my BDing schedule. FF does the rest as far as telling me when I ovulated, scores our BDing schedule, monitors symptoms, etc. I love it. :)

Good luck!

Hey girls! :) gratz on the :bfp:

I turned 30 today!! - had a fabulous day and have managed to fully relax for the first time in months!!!!!

I love my OH!

My Mirena was put in April 2009 and came out this morning! Yay! I've never been pregnant before so putting it in easily the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Coming out was no big deal.

Did anyone start OPKs right away? I kind of wonder when my cycle will start up again. My Midwife said we could TTC this cycle as there as been no published evidence to show that women should wait a month. She said anecdotally there was always the risk of miscarriage because my lining wouldn't be built back up again.

I obviously want to start now! (like tonight!)

I haven't had a period in years so I'm sure AF will be very interesting.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALASEN!! :)

Welcome BabyO. Congrats on getting your IUD removed. Can you believe how easy it was to remove it? I didn't feel it at all! Putting it in was awful though, I don't remember it being terribly painful but I do remember that I had gotten myself so worked up about it being painful that I fainted right afterward. OOPS.

I had mine removed 3/4 and started a withdrawal bleed the next day. I then had pregnancy symptoms for the next 2-3 months even though I got my period like clockwork. I had my af the whole last year I was on it so at least I knew where I was in the cycle when it was removed. I still used OPKs and charted my BBT though. The withdrawal bleed didn't upset my cycle at all either so that was nice. But here I am nine months later and still waiting for my bfp! Hope your wait isn't so long!

Good to know about the withdraw bleeding. I forgot to ask about that this morning. Maybe I have a sensitive cervix? I passed out and then immediately started projectile vomiting from the pain when it was put in. (It carried the nickname Murderess for its entire lifespan in my uterus.) You should have seen the look on the poor med student's face who got stuck observing!!! Priceless!! I believe he scratched OB off his list that day. lol

The way out wasn't near that bad. I kind of feel like if I survived the Mirena insertion labor is going to be a piece of cake.

I guess I'll start OPKs tomorrow morning then. I would occasionally have light spotting on Mirena, but nothing that warranted even a panty liner. I have no idea what my cycles are like. I've recently had some other cervical issues and the docs checking it out mentioned me cycling due to my mucus so maybe I was?

I hope you get your BFP soon! Maybe Santa will bring it. :)

OK! This is af. I think. I'm pretty sure. It's veryvery light... but it's gotta be af. So! How do I do this charting and tracking thing? Where do I start? Is there like some kind of primer or something?

panda - Yeah I am totally excited about this for the first (and hopefully last!) time in my life. It's... a bizarre feeling! :D

I also recommend FertilityFriend.com.... it is a FANTASTIC site, and yeah, it does have a primer! It has a whole course of 16 or something lessons on what you should/can be tracking, what to look for, how to chart, etc etc. It also has a smartphone app that I use that makes it soo much easier to track those BBTs first thing in the morning.

My Mirena was put in April 2009 and came out this morning! Yay! I've never been pregnant before so putting it in easily the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Coming out was no big deal.

Did anyone start OPKs right away? I kind of wonder when my cycle will start up again. My Midwife said we could TTC this cycle as there as been no published evidence to show that women should wait a month. She said anecdotally there was always the risk of miscarriage because my lining wouldn't be built back up again.

I obviously want to start now! (like tonight!)

I haven't had a period in years so I'm sure AF will be very interesting.

I don't know where you're from, but around here they strongly advise against getting an IUD until you've had a baby, for that reason. The cervix is totally unprepared to be violated like that... so yeah, I bet it was awful. Sorry. :( Mine (after 2 births) was still painful, but mostly cramps. No biggie.

I've started using OPKs. I tried to resist until I saw some sign of either EWCM or my first AF, but screw it, I wanna know now!!!!!! I just broke down and bought some ICs to get me through the month. So, I can't tell you how it went yet... it's still going... but GL to both of us! Here's hoping for a :bfp: on our first cycle!! :dust:

Panda & Edens - Thank you! I'll check them out first thing in the morning for sure. I'm thinking I'll go ahead and order some opk's now too. And I guess it's time to purchase a basal thermometer too!

BabyO - My Mirena was removed on Nov 1st after 5 years. I didn't have any bleeding at all until the 11th, then it was just super duper light spotting for a couple of hours... until yesterday, when I started my first af in 5 years. So everyone is different. But! I'm super interested in learning about how the opk's go for you (and you too panda!).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALASEN! I hope it was a marvelous one! :D

My fingers are crossed that all of us get our bfp for christmas this year... :)

I don't know where you're from, but around here they strongly advise against getting an IUD until you've had a baby, for that reason. The cervix is totally unprepared to be violated like that... so yeah, I bet it was awful. Sorry. :( Mine (after 2 births) was still painful, but mostly cramps. No biggie.

I've started using OPKs. I tried to resist until I saw some sign of either EWCM or my first AF, but screw it, I wanna know now!!!!!! I just broke down and bought some ICs to get me through the month. So, I can't tell you how it went yet... it's still going... but GL to both of us! Here's hoping for a :bfp: on our first cycle!! :dust:

While it's "recommended" to have had a child first, it isn't necessary. I know many people who had the Mirena without ever having had a child (myself included) and while it wasn't comfortable having it inserted, it wasn't terrible. Like I said, it was painful and I passed out but I rarely noticed it after that point. A few times when my OH and I BDed, it felt like he bumped it or something (and I've never felt anything similar since having it removed) but otherwise, I loved it. I've had blood clots in my fingers in the past so I can't take any birth control that's estrogen based such as the pill. I had done depo for many years but with it taking up to two years to gain fertility back, I didn't want to subject my body to that any longer and stopped it in Summer 2008 before getting my IUD in February 2009.

Anyway, I think it's pretty common practice around here for IUDs to be used even for those who haven't had a child yet. :)

Hi, Im new to baby and bump, as well as online posting in general. Hope I can join your discussion. Was using the mirena for a whopping 10 years before getting it out in January.

They do recommend its better for people who have had babies (I havent) but its not against the rules - its just a more difficult insertion:cry:
the stretching they have to do to the cervix makes your heart rate drop, causing fainting and vomiting. My first experience of insertion was awful but the second time was with a kind and experienced obgyn who did a great job.

My DH and I are on our 3rd month TTC and AF is about to show, finding it hard not to obscess about it and drive DH nuts so I figured Id get in one of these threads. Nobody else knows were trying.

Weve been married 18 months and were both really excited at the prospect of getting pregnant. Im studying for my biggest exams so far, and its difficult to keep focussed. Heres hoping we all get our BFP VERY soon:happydance:

Hi Babydreamers! Welcome to the group. :)

I fainted when my Mirena was inserted, and I had already had two kids prior. The removal wasn't a big deal at all, but the insertion? *shudder* I loved it while it was in place though, and after I have my third I'm sure I'll get another one.

Ok so I just ordered some opk's! Eee! I'm really excited to get started on this whole being able to chart like a normal person thing. I can't wait to check out fertility friend today, thanks so much for the recommendation guys!

How is everyone today? :)

Welcome baby dreamers and best wishes to you! :)

Ginger - awesome about the opks, they're great and cheap enough you don't have to feel too guilty if you use them for several days to pinpoint ovulation! I've used as many as six in one cycle and I know other women have used LOADS more than that, lol.

Afm - my temp increased again this morning so ovulation has definitely passed. Still waiting for my crosshairs on FF but they'll show up tomorrow putting me officially in the 2ww! I'm so hoping to get my bfp this cycle. My friend got hers on 11/22 and I really want to be pregnant with her! :) It would be AMAZING! :happydance:

A TMI Mirena question: Every time I go to the bathroom I have bright red blood. Other than that there is no bleeding. I don't think it's af but I haven't seen her since about 2007. Does this sound normal? My Mirena was taken out yesterday.

How sad is it that I haven't seen AF in so long I don't even know when she's here!

A TMI Mirena question: Every time I go to the bathroom I have bright red blood. Other than that there is no bleeding. I don't think it's af but I haven't seen her since about 2007. Does this sound normal? My Mirena was taken out yesterday.

How sad is it that I haven't seen AF in so long I don't even know when she's here!

Sounds pretty familiar! I got my mirena out last week and I've been experiencing the same thing. I think it's just cervix trauma. Maybe. I don't really know. But that's what I'm guessing!

It sounds like the withdrawal bleed for both of you, not to be confused with af...

Good to know about the withdraw bleeding. I forgot to ask about that this morning. Maybe I have a sensitive cervix? I passed out and then immediately started projectile vomiting from the pain when it was put in. (It carried the nickname Murderess for its entire lifespan in my uterus.) You should have seen the look on the poor med student's face who got stuck observing!!! Priceless!! I believe he scratched OB off his list that day. lol

The way out wasn't near that bad. I kind of feel like if I survived the Mirena insertion labor is going to be a piece of cake.

I guess I'll start OPKs tomorrow morning then. I would occasionally have light spotting on Mirena, but nothing that warranted even a panty liner. I have no idea what my cycles are like. I've recently had some other cervical issues and the docs checking it out mentioned me cycling due to my mucus so maybe I was?

I hope you get your BFP soon! Maybe Santa will bring it. :)

Welcome BabyO! Exciting times for you ahead!!I have had two kids and have had mirena in and out. Pain scale, mirena in 3, mirena out 0, childbirth 10. :shock: ! Just a bit of a warning, labour isn't usually a piece of cake! (wish it was tho, i love cake)!
But it is worth it, and i am pregnant with my 3rd now, and will get mirena again after. Pain is so short lived but a child is forever!

As for trying for a :baby: , I dont see why not do it after you finish your withdrawl bleed. I ovulated 2 weeks later straight after mirena but waited 2 cycles only because a baby wouldnt have suited us straight away. I say go for it!
For me i know im ovulation because around day 14 of cycle i get very tender in the ovary area. I have never taken temps or anything but ive heard thats a good way too, and Ovulation kits. Good luck, hope it works straight away, I love seeing that :bfp: on the screen! :dust:

Hehe, I think several of us were/are in that same boat. I didn't have any withdrawal bleeding myself, but that sounds like what's going on with you. My Mirena was removed on 11/1, and for the first time in five glorious years, my af showed up 12/4-5. This is the very first time I'm excited for af! It's a bizarre feeling. O_O

Hopefully your cycles resume quickly and with regularity (or you get your bfp before then!). I know the not knowing was the *worst* for me.

Ginger - awesome about the opks, they're great and cheap enough you don't have to feel too guilty if you use them for several days to pinpoint ovulation! I've used as many as six in one cycle and I know other women have used LOADS more than that, lol.

Afm - my temp increased again this morning so ovulation has definitely passed. Still waiting for my crosshairs on FF but they'll show up tomorrow putting me officially in the 2ww! I'm so hoping to get my bfp this cycle. My friend got hers on 11/22 and I really want to be pregnant with her! :) It would be AMAZING! :happydance:

Good luck this month Edens! My fingers are very firmly crossed for you. :)

I have a cold right now, and it sucks. But! It also means I can spend a lot of the day on fertilityfriend doing their tutorials. I plan to start temping tomorrow, and my okp's will get here by Friday. Woo! :D

Good luck this month Edens! My fingers are very firmly crossed for you. :)

I have a cold right now, and it sucks. But! It also means I can spend a lot of the day on fertilityfriend doing their tutorials. I plan to start temping tomorrow, and my okp's will get here by Friday. Woo! :D

Crosshairs, woohoo! :happydance: lol. 3dpo now. OH finally had time to call the dr for his consult with urology to determine why seminal fluid volume is so low. $70 just for the consult! :shock: His appt is 12/21 so hopefully they'll figure something out... And I'm looking forward to trying Clomid next cycle if we don't have any luck this cycle. Hopefully it works! And we're both hoping for :oneofeach: so that would be extra cool. :thumbup:

Ginger - Sorry you aren't feeling well. It definitely gives you a great excuse to go through the FF tutorials. They're so informational. I also read a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility which was great. When it first arrived, the size of it was a little daunting but it was a fast read and super interesting. Don't forget to add a link to your Chart so we can chart-stalk!

:dust: to everyone

Good to know I'm normal! I went to stock up on AF supplies the other day in preparation of the "big day." My, how things have changed! You can practically color coordinate your tampons to your purse!

@Ginger--I hope you get to feeling better soon. I bet it is so strange to be excited over AF. I'm having enough trouble wrapping my mind around this whole TTC thing. :) Now that you mention it though, AF would be nice. At least I would know my ovaries are working. I imagine them collecting dust over the last decade. haha

@Edens--Good luck with your upcoming appointment.

@ARJ--Congrats on the :bfp:! Throw some baby dust this way! :dust: Hopefully I'll be able to have the same kind of success. We decided to get right down to business this month. I've mastered OPKs with only some minor mishaps and so far nothing, but I bought the gigantic box of them knowing that it might take a while before my body got back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->